LIvingston V Motherwell 28/02/2024

Kmcalpin

So either Devine or SO'D are playing on the wrong side..........assuming Gent not fully recovered from Sunday.

1 minute ago, Wee Dougie said:

Why not SODs at right centre back and Nicholson in Gents role. 

Possible I suppose. We'll Know soon enough 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Why not SODs at right centre back and Nicholson in Gents role. 

Nicholson has mostly played as a left midfielder throughout his career. With that said, and as Vale isn't starting, I would imagine that Nicholson will be playing a more attacking role, with SOD and Devine as wing-backs. We'll soon find out. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sam-nicholson/profil/spieler/169573

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

If Gent isn’t injured then Kettlewell has truly lost the plot.

Then again starting Floaty Into The Channel To Nobody O’Donnell for any reason whatsoever suggests he’s already lost it.

Now if only someone had the hindsight to run into that channel for the floated ball into space. Simples. 

7 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Then again starting Floaty Into The Channel To Nobody O’Donnell for any reason whatsoever suggests he’s already lost it.

4 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I'd say the same about Vale.

It’s an ‘interesting’ line up for sure. We need to get a result here or questions will rightly be asked of the selection.

Gent wasnt at the races on Sunday, his worst showing for a while. Saying that, he is one of our better players so got to imagine he is struggling with an injury. 

Vale must be same boat. Maybe recovering and being wary of the Livy 'carpet' playing into team selection.

7 minutes ago, Big Stall said:

Gent wasnt at the races on Sunday, his worst showing for a while. Saying that, he is one of our better players so got to imagine he is struggling with an injury. 

Vale must be same boat. Maybe recovering and being wary of the Livy 'carpet' playing into team selection.

Don't try turning this into a sensible line up made by someone who knows more than we do. The 'fans' need something to greet about.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Now if only someone had the hindsight to run into that channel for the floated ball into space. Simples. 

Or if the professional footballer could actually pass the fuckin ball.

Just now, AllyMax said:

Don't try turning this into a sensible line up made by someone who knows more than we do. The fans need something to greet about.

He’s dropped one of our best players this season and all you can do is suggest people are moaning for the sake of it?

No, you’re right, it’s a brilliant line up. Everything is brilliant. Kettlewell is brilliant. Clap clap happy clap.

18 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

The game hasn't even started.....let's wait till full time..... hopefully after a positive result 

4 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

He’s dropped one of our best players this season and all you can do is suggest people are moaning for the sake of it?

No, you’re right, it’s a brilliant line up. Everything is brilliant. Kettlewell is brilliant. Clap clap happy clap.

Since you know he's been dropped, why?

3 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

No, but I am assuming he's dropped one of our best players this season for a reason, rather than just to piss you off. Probably a football or player related reason that neither of us know. Or maybe you're right, he lost the plot and decided to drop him cause he thought it would be a right laugh.

Gent went off on Sunday because he was utterly fucked and breathing out of his hole. Vale also because he ran himself into the ground. I'm not claiming to be Pep Guardiola but I think these things might be connected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

Since you know he's been dropped, why?

I don't know why he’s been dropped. I’m saying if he’s been dropped coz he’s injured or carrying a knock then fair doos.

If it’s because he had one average game or if it’s to accommodate O’Donnell then imo that’s a poor decision from the manager.

1 minute ago, AllyMax said:

No, but I am assuming he's dropped one of our best players this season for a reason, rather than just to piss you off. Probably a football or player related reason that neither of us know.

You are likely right, and I very much hope it’s the case. I guess we’ll never know.

12 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

You are likely right, and I very much hope it’s the case. I guess we’ll never know.

If he's on the bench because he's not 100% fit, I wouldn't consider that being dropped. Same with Vale. Surely the stakes are too high for Kettlewell to start pissing about for the sake of it. On the bright side, our bench looks stronger tonight....