Motherwell v Hibernian 13/04/2024

SteelmaninOZ

2 minutes ago, stv said:

He wont give us much in case he gets injured for his new team. Why do you think hes been playing well for just the last few months ,like a lot of players up their game in last months of their last season . Once he's got his move signed up he's on holiday mode . Pre contracts are a shite idea , but they probably have always been there in the back ground in some form or another for years just no offically signed

I personally don't think he's been playing well  for a move. I think he's always been decent. But if Kettlewell wants to rest him fair dos

This one is on Hearts though. Not Spittal for going public with it. FUCK them! 

Was quite happy to get a draw today , not happy drawing but at the same time it could have been worse

Definetly didn’t deserve a top 6 position this season as been far too inconsistent .  To put a positive spin on things try and finish 7th , and play some of the younger players in these last 5 games 

Poor game but good to rescue a point and thankfully Oli Shaw didn't cost us a top 6 place.

We are safe from relegation so hopefully try a few youngsters and apologies if controversial but I would phase Spittal out the team.  He won't be with us next season so we need to plan ahead 

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Poor game but good to rescue a point and thankfully Oli Shaw didn't cost us a top 6 place.

We are safe from relegation so hopefully try a few youngsters and apologies if controversial but I would phase Spittal out the team.  He won't be with us next season so we need to plan ahead 

If we hadn't got the top six place it would not have been on Shaw missing that goal. It's on the entire team over the season. 

• Like 1

Consider there was something at stake and the way we finished the game last week,I thought we would have came out and been bright from the start but it was the exact opposite,it had the feeling of an end of season game about it.on team selection for the last 5 games I would still go as strong as possible and look to get 7 places,the extra money will come in handy with the sizeable rebuilding job come the summer.a couple of the younger players should definitely be giving some minutes at the expense of the likes of shaw.

Shit season. Biereth going was a kick in the baws. If he had stayed we would have made top 6. But great Bair done so well. And Gent and Vale. If we keep all 3 plus miller it looks like next season will be better. Prefer we don't re sign Kelly and get commanding goalie. Not bothered about losing Spittal too. Think he won't replicate that form and jambos don't give much time. I think Danda will be Thier main creative player. 

1 minute ago, mfc said:

Consider there was something at stake and the way we finished the game last week,I thought we would have came out and been bright from the start but it was the exact opposite,it had the feeling of an end of season game about it.on team selection for the last 5 games I would still go as strong as possible and look to get 7 places,the extra money will come in handy with the sizeable rebuilding job come the summer.a couple of the younger players should definitely be giving some minutes at the expense of the likes of shaw.

Shaw hardly gets game time to be fair 

16 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

If we hadn't got the top six place it would not have been on Shaw missing that goal. It's on the entire team over the season. 

I am not blaming Shaw but his miss was poor and in all honesty hasn't been great for us.   We only deserved a draw today at best

• Like 1

Just now, grizzlyg said:

I am not blaming Shaw but his miss was poor and in all honesty hasn't been great for us.   We only deserved a draw today at best

No he hasn't. I agree but we got the draw and that's a positive. I didn't think we were going to equalise. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Shit season. Biereth going was a kick in the baws. If he had stayed we would have made top 6. But great Bair done so well. And Gent and Vale. If we keep all 3 plus miller it looks like next season will be better. Prefer we don't re sign Kelly and get commanding goalie. Not bothered about losing Spittal too. Think he won't replicate that form and jambos don't give much time. I think Danda will be Thier main creative player. 

Lennon Miller wont be with us next season, firstly we cant afford to let his contract run down to the end of 2025. Hes not going to sign another extension. I get the impression the one he did sign was similar to Turnbull to ensure we got some money for our investment. Id expect the club to cash in in the summer.

Kettlewell. "If we get top six we're punching well above our weight,

that's shite! Kilmarnock Dundee and St Mirren made it with similar budgets. 

DOes anyone think we would be punching well above our weight to get top 6? Mccall did it easily. As did Robinson 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Lennon Miller wont be with us next season, firstly we cant afford to let his contract run down to the end of 2025. Hes not going to sign another extension. I get the impression the one he did sign was similar to Turnbull to ensure we got some money for our investment. Id expect the club to cash in in the summer.

Im not so sure tbh.. And I hope we dont cash in just now 

3 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

True mate. Least we will get some money. Unless investors back us up 

Just now, robsterwood said:

DOes anyone think we would be punching well above our weight to get top 6? Mccall did it easily. As did Robinson 

Come on. Top six was tight and it went to the wire as it has done more than once. 

If Killie have a similar budget to us then why could they throw silly money at Van Veen 

Dundee scraped in. Give me a break 

Just now, wellgirl said:

Come on. Top six was tight and it went to the wire as it has done more than once. 

If Killie have a similar budget to us then why could they throw silly money at Van Veen 

Dundee scraped in. Give me a break 

Similar fan base similar finances. Killie we re showing more ambition. Although they didn't need van veen. They also got great manager 

Similar fan base similar finances. Killie we re showing more ambition. Although they didn't need van veen. They also got great manager 

Rubbish they have similar finances if they could afford to pay Van Veen 6k a week. 

5 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Would not be punching above our weight at all , Dundee just did 

As I said. They showed ambition. Similar finances. Mwell could have paid it but didn't. Remember Dundee in debt and St Mirren in debt.

We could not have paid it. Clearly. And he's done nothing for them anyway. Hasn't scored a single goal. 

Our goal was good but the best thing about the game was watching the colour drain from two thousand Hibs fans when we scored it.

They were in the top six unless Dundee beat Rangers . Within a minute of probable top six and it was so cruelly snatched away from them.

What a laugh, i mean a shame. Even their directors slumped back in their chairs heads in hands  . Brilliant .