Our Fans

Kmcalpin

I am not 100% sure exactly what side of the fence the original pie and Bovril poster is landing on but certainly the notion that it is not possible to realise emotions of anger and frustration out with 90 mins of a football match suggests a laziness of thought and a lack of willingness to take responsibility for our own lives.

There are other ways to tackle these emotions that do not involve abusing other human beings at a football match.

I don't doubt that many of us live our lives under significant stress. The figures for male suicide in particular is staggering and ofcourse football is a fantastic way to escape from the stresses and strains of our daily life. However football cannot be used asย an excuse for intimidating and aggressive behaviour.

I have watched Motherwell fans over the years hiding behind the claret and amber flag to excuse behaviours that would not be accepted in any other walk of life.

What about the players suffering with mental illness? What about the steward that has dragged him/ herself to work after a family bereavement? What about the policeman/ policewoman gripped by anxiety? What about the football manager who's life is falling apart because he/ she is spending all their time trying to keep a job that is always only potentially a few weeks from ending?

Do these people stop being human beings from 3pm till 445pm on a Saturday so that the rest of us can vent our frustration? Are we really that selfish?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Think basically what today should be about is 100% encouragement behind the players today.ย  I really can't be bothered with a sat evening moanfest so here's hoping for 3 points.....COYW

Seconded Grizzly. Lets get behind the team 100% today, ignore any mistakes, and encourage them.ย 

9 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Think basically what today should be about is 100% encouragement behind the players today.ย  I really can't be bothered with a sat evening moanfest so here's hoping for 3 points.....COYW

Here here.

COYW

What about the opposite side of the coin, with all the banners and choreographed displays in the corner of Hunter stand will any of our young bois go on to a career in art and design?

31 minutes ago, ropy said:

What about the opposite side of the coin, with all the banners and choreographed displays in the corner of Hunter stand will any of our young bois go on to a career in art and design?

The Bois did themselves proud yesterday -ย  a lot of thought and effort went into that display and it added to the atmosphere. Generally I'm not a fan of pyros due to the effect smoke can have on those nearby. However yesterday, it was confined to one corner of the East Stand, with no-one affected in the South Stand. I am still of the view that we need to take a consistent view pyros, whether they are in a football stadium or on a protest march.ย  Football fans shouldn't be singled out unless there's a serious incident.

Fireworks over the East Stand! Thats a first.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

The Bois did themselves proud yesterday -ย  a lot of thought and effort went into that display and it added to the atmosphere. Generally I'm not a fan of pyros due to the effect smoke can have on those nearby. However yesterday, it was confined to one corner of the East Stand, with no-one affected in the South Stand. I am still of the view that we need to take a consistent view pyros, whether they are in a football stadium or on a protest march.ย  Football fans shouldn't be singled out unless there's a serious incident.

Fireworks over the East Stand! Thats a first.

There was no one in the south stand wasn't there? Because the Livi support was just over 200 fans they were in the main stand.ย 

40 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

There was no one in the south stand wasn't there? Because the Livi support was just over 200 fans they were in the main stand.ย 

There is no excuse at all for having these pyros and / or Fireworks at a football match someone is going to get badly injured one day. The SFA / SPFL have already fined clubs for using them etc so I won't be surprised if they do the same to Motherwell after yesterday.

It's against the law to bring them into grounds , but we have the alleged stewards who do feck all to stop people bringing them into the stadium and then just stand and watch people setting them off and again do feck all, not to mention the police in the control room who no doubt have good CCTV coverage of it.

Would people tolerate it if they were standing outside your house with a dozen or so lit flares etc no I think not so why should it be tolerated in a football ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

There is no excuse at all for having these pyros and / or Fireworks at a football match someone is going to get badly injured one day. The SFA / SPFL have already fined clubs for using them etc so I won't be surprised if they do the same to Motherwell after yesterday.

It's against the law to bring them into grounds , but we have the alleged stewards who do feck all to stop people bringing them into the stadium and then just stand and watch people setting them off and again do feck all, not to mention the police in the control room who no doubt have good CCTV coverage of it.

Would people tolerate it if they were standing outside your house with a dozen or so lit flares etc no I think not so why should it be tolerated in a football ground.

I didn't say there was - I was just saying that the south stand wasn't open yesterday because of the small number of Livi fans that were at the game. I used to steward and we are supposed to bag search everyone coming into the ground although in practice that doesn't always happen - I've been through without people looking in my bag.ย 

29 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I didn't say there was - I was just saying that the south stand wasn't open yesterday because of the small number of Livi fans that were at the game. I used to steward and we are supposed to bag search everyone coming into the ground although in practice that doesn't always happen - I've been through without people looking in my bag.ย 

I knew you never said anything, your post was the one I used to reply thats allย ๐Ÿ˜€

1 minute ago, Spiderpig said:

I knew you never said anything, your post was the one I used to reply thats allย ๐Ÿ˜€

๐Ÿ˜‚. It confuses me when people do that as you can see.ย