Jamie Dolan Fund

sydney devine

Guys and Gals,

Was guest of honour at the Hearts Shareholders Association last night and, as a wee thank-you at the end of the night, they very kindly gave me £500 to put towards any fund or trust in memory of Jamie Dolan.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? If not, what do you advise? Should I just give it to a friend of the family like Jim Griffin or Dougie Arnott and let them take care of it?

All input appreciated.

Cheers,

Syd

That was very thoughtful of them. It's a shame that the 'Well fans never made a similar gesture.

Given that Dolans family isn't as well off as Phil O'Donnells, I don't think it would be inappropriate to give it to Jamies family. Just my opinion though.

Frazzle

Sydney,

Now that it has got folk thinking. Broxburn United, where Jamie Dolan managed for a while are currently building a new stadium and 3G pitch, funded mostly by my work, West Lothian Council. Since they operate as a community based football club with a number of youth teams, it goes without saying that they will probably want to mark its opening later this year with some sort of event.

How about suggesting a game against a Motherwell old boy's select, with proceeds going to a fund for the Dolan family. Good publicity for them and a chance to raise a few quid for a good cause.

Sydney,

Now that it has got folk thinking. Broxburn United, where Jamie Dolan managed for a while are currently building a new stadium and 3G pitch, funded mostly by my work, West Lothian Council. Since they operate as a community based football club with a number of youth teams, it goes without saying that they will probably want to mark its opening later this year with some sort of event.

How about suggesting a game against a Motherwell old boy's select, with proceeds going to a fund for the Dolan family. Good publicity for them and a chance to raise a few quid for a good cause.

Sounds like an excellent idea.

Right, bit of a slow response to this which suggests folk don't really know, so I will inform Griffin and Arnott and take it from there.

Wonder if we could manage something for Jamie before the end of the season? Just a thought...

Syd

never meet yer heroes, i met jim and he was a dobber to me