U19 Player "attacks Family Home"

numpty

Not the sort of press we like to see... if it's accurate, which is always hard to know when you're only hearing one side of the story, I trust the club will have dealt with him appropriately.

'Well starlet attacks family home

Apr 1 2009 by Graham Mann, East Kilbride News

A RISING football star launched a terrifying tea-time attack on a family home in Calderwood.

Motherwell FC under-19 and Scotland youth player Peter Innes left a mum and her three young children

cowering in their Raeburn Avenue home when he used his talented feet to boot their door in.

Single mum Jeanette McLean, 36, and her three kids aged 16, 13 and 10, were just getting over an earlier attack on their home when Innes and three other boys turned up at their door with trouble in mind.

A few days before Christmas, on Monday, December 22, three bricks came crashing through their living room window, showering her ten-year-old disabled son in broken glass.

Although the culprits of that particular attack were never caught, the family hoped that was the end of their troubles.

But on Friday, January 9, they were once again targeted by violent yobs, one of whom was 17-year-old Innes, of 8 Orefield Place, East Mains.

Mrs McLean and her children had just finished their evening meal when Innes began his onslaught.

The terrified mum said: “He arrived at my house with three other boys just after we had finished our tea.

They started banging on the door and were becoming more and more aggressive. My oldest son took his younger brother and sister upstairs and told them to lock themselves inside a room, then he went back down and tried to speak to them over the intercom.

“It didn’t make any difference and they started punching the door even harder. I tried to speak to them but it was no use so I called the police. Eventually the door popped open and I stood in the hallway in case they came through the door. I was shaking with fear but I just wanted to protect my children.”

Moments later the police arrived but that was just the beginning of the family’s nightmare. They have since had to leave their home and are now in temporary accommodation elsewhere in South Lanarkshire.

Jeanette’s ten-year-old son is undergoing trauma therapy and struggles to sleep at night while her daughter is heartbroken at having to leave her friends and family behind and settle into a new school.

Jeanette added: “The thing that bothers me more than anything else is that they knew I had a disabled child in the house but that didn’t stop them carrying out this despicable attack. They are allowed to carry on with their lives as though nothing has happened while my children have lost all their home comforts. The effect this has had on my children could last for years but Peter Innes can keep playing for Motherwell and live a happy life. That’s why I think it’s important that he is named and shamed.”

The former St Andrew’s and St Bride’s High School pupil pled guilty to wilfully or recklessly destroying or damaging the property belonging to another and repeatedly kicking a front door of the house.

He appeared for sentencing at Hamilton Sheriff Court on Monday and was fined £150 and ordered to pay compensation of £593.86 to South Lanarkshire Council.

Motherwell FC declined to comment.

I can't defend this guy's actions, so I won't. I did love this line, though:

"...when he used his talented feet to boot their door in."

I mean, anyone can kick a door down, but it takes years of hard work and training to kick it in the way Peter Innes did.

why was he kicking the door in? Is that some new pastime in Motherwell? just boot someones door in for no reason? shocking behaviour and hopefully sorted out by the club , and by that I mean his arse booted out the door, no matter how good he is or might be

Ah ive seen this before on here .

His cousin logs on saying he was on his way to deliver a signed top to the Calderwood Pensioners Society for them to raffle off to raise funds for the bus trip to Ayr when he had to drop the blind man he was helping across the road because he heard a smoke alarm going off. Upon kicking the door in he realised it mustve been the tally van up the road he heard and not a smoke alarm the delirous woman (rumoured to be a benefit cheat) wouldnt see reason though and insisted on calling the authorities.

Oh and it wisny Motherwell , it wisny even North Lanarkshire and the youth in Motherwell dont bother with doors , Buckfast and schemegrade Cocaine lets you march through brick walls

I was on the train going from Rutherglen to Glasgow a couple of months ago, and the Motherwell youth (dunno what age-group) team were in the same carriage as me. They were nothing but a shower of jumped-up wee neds, and it was particularly bad that they were annoying all the passengers on the train while wearing their MFC tracksuits.

Frazzle

After the support the club continues to give Quinn, it would be a bit of a double standard if this guy was kicked out. However, I wouldn't hesitate to show him the door.

I don't agree with you at all , Quinn was at the time and still is a fantastic servant of Motherwell Football Club.

Yes he made a few mistakes but nothing on the scale of what this guy is being accused (has been charged) with.

I don't agree with you at all , Quinn was at the time and still is a fantastic servant of Motherwell Football Club.

Yes he made a few mistakes but nothing on the scale of what this guy is being accused (has been charged) with.

So you're saying kicking in a door is more serious than actual bodily harm...?

(EDIT: er "more", not "less"...)

It all depends on the intent I guess , I must confess on second read of the story it doesn't suggest he did anymore than attempting to kick down a door. It doesn't really explain what his intentions were.

Think I got a bit taken in by the original story.

At the very least the club should give him a severe talking to and warn him of the consequenses a repeat will have on his career.

He was convicted of beating a man unconscious. I would have have had him out the door there and then, regardless of his 'fantastic' service. Likewise, I wouldn't have let Fat Boab near the club after his Drunk Driving (and blaming the ref for it) escapade.

Now, with the latest problem, the accused kid can justifiably turn round and say "I was just following the lead of my captain". If the kid get's the bullet, then the club is open to the accusation of double standards.

It all depends on the intent I guess , I must confess on second read of the story it doesn't suggest he did anymore than attempting to kick down a door. It doesn't really explain what his intentions were.

Think I got a bit taken in by the original story.

I dont think it's got anything to do with the intent, indeed I'm struggling to think of any beneficial intent from kicking down the door of a young family's home. It's the ramifications of his actions that this young thug should be paying for, a family having to be rehoused away from friends and relatives, leaving a heartbroken youg girl, at an impressionable age, having to make new friends in a different environment. A young disabled lad having to undergo trauma therapy, bad enough for someone with all their faculties but a huge step backward for a lad such as him.

No, this young arsehole should be booted out of Fir Park forthwith and every other club in the land told to avoid him like the plague.

His actions have changed this whole families lives, and what happens to him, he loses a couple of quid from his wage packet over the next few months.

BOOT HIM OUT NOW.

No, this young arsehole should be booted out of Fir Park forthwith and every other club in the land told to avoid him like the plague.

...and expect him to do what with his sordid wee life?

Clearly MFC aren't making him work hard enough if he's got so much energy to expend kicking down doors and tormenting neighbours.