Aberdeen On Saturday

steelboy

I'd like to hear opinions on the following !

• 2nd Half why did we have 2 players marking Aluko and then seem to back off players to allow thier goal ?

• How come Clarky was bogging from head to toe and yet sutton always looked like he had a brand new shirt on ?

• Why was Clarky subbed, did he pick up an injury ? (wouldn't be surprised he got kicked all over the park)

• Why did McGhee wait so long before changing things

• When they went down to ten men why the hell could we not capitalise on that

• Who told John Sutton he was a Striker?

PISH UTTER !

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not seen anything on here that I disagree with but:

• Reynolds turned again for the goal
  • Sutton with a great chance sclaffs it
  • McGhee totally unwilling to change it though it is clear McGarry is done
  • McGhee totally unwilling to react to Calderwood's changes which allowed Aberdeen to play along.

All in we played well though and were unlucky. The save by Langfield at the end was top notch.

Thought the referee was weak again (like when we had him v Falkirk). More intent in picking up petty fouls and letting bad, cynical ones going unchecked. And then he did decide to send Considine off which was barely a foul. THough I doubt he actually had any impact in the outcome of the game to be fair.

. And then he did decide to send Considine off which was barely a foul.

Was a def foul Tweed Clarky was going past him like a fast going past you thing and Consadine cut him down then called the linesman a wee dick ! It was right in front of me so I had a great view of the foul and Clarky thumping the big muddy puddle that passes for a touch line :) I gree though Ref was very week

I'd like to hear opinions on the following !

• 2nd Half why did we have 2 players marking Aluko and then seem to back off players to allow thier goal ?

• How come Clarky was bogging from head to toe and yet sutton always looked like he had a brand new shirt on ?

• Why was Clarky subbed, did he pick up an injury ? (wouldn't be surprised he got kicked all over the park)

• Why did McGhee wait so long before changing things

• When they went down to ten men why the hell could we not capitalise on that

• Who told John Sutton he was a Striker?

PISH UTTER !

McGhee said afterwards on Radio Scotland that Clarkson had a dead leg and he didn't want to risk him with next week in mind.

Season over imo.

We now need to better hibs on points in the next two games and given we are away to rangers while they have them at home it is almost too much to ask for.

Even IF we get into the top 6 aberdeen and Dundee Utd will surely be too far ahead of us to get fourth so nae chance of Europe either.

That was a HUGE chance for us to capatilise on a dream result at tannadice and we utterly blew it!!

Very frustrating to draw that. Should have had them finished off before they got their goal, but hey ho, we're Motherwell.

How it took until the 2nd half for them to go a man down I'll never know, that tackle on McGarry from S(l)everin was one of the most disgusting tackle I have ever seen in the flesh, and yet he didn't even receive a booking!? Also, their right back should have gone in the first half.

However, yet again our finishing let us down - how many of our draws would have been wins if we had Porter on the end of some of the balls?

Yet again we have proved to be the better team in game but were also not good enough to win. The midfield missed Klimpl very badly and although its had worse games it simply didn't function right. The combination of 3 central midfielders (Hughes, Lasley and McGarry) just didn't gel. I'm not a big fan of Steve McGarry but he had a decent 1st 45 then faded badly in the second.

When Aberdeen went down to 10 men we should have gone for broke and thrown on Jamie Murphy but we didn't. Typical again that Aberdeen had one shot on goal following a defensive blunder and it counted. Whilst we created a fair amount of chances, it has to be said that, apart from one great save late on, Langfield could have gone for a round a golf today and it wouldn't have been noticed. All that said maybe had Considine not been red carded then its a game we'd have lost as the Dons were turning the screw just prior to his departure.

Last season we were winning games like this but this time round we're drawing them. Chris Porter is being badly missed.

Although anything could happen in the last 2 games before the split I really think we've blown it. Hibs are well capable of picking up 6 points whilst we aren't. If we are to beat St Mirren its going to take more than a huge effort - it'll take good defending and clinical finishing.

McGhee's got to carry the can for not changing it quicker, Sutton was woeful, Sillyname should have been on long before he was.

McGarry, put a shift in for the firs thalf, but by the hour mark was out on his feet and yet no change was made, terrible management.

We were lucky to escape with a point at the end, whilst we dominated the first half, when Aberdeen equalised, theere was only ever going to be one team to get the winner, and they were in white.

We were just lucky that it never came to it, just got to hope we get a fluke result next week now or else the relegation deciders beckon.

We were lucky to escape with a point at the end, whilst we dominated the first half, when Aberdeen equalised, theere was only ever going to be one team to get the winner, and they were in white.

I don't know that we were lucky as you put it Neil but yes Aberdeen might indeed have gone on to do a smash and grab job and I said so at the time. Considine's dismissal might well have earned us a point. For a good spell in the second half our midfield simply folded in the face of Aberdeen's aggression.

Their goal was especially galling. In the lead up the ball played down the wing was clearly out of play and swung back in and MMcG protested about this at the time. Steve Hammell then made a complete mess of a clearance and the rest is history.

Should've had game wrapped-up in first half and a seccond goal would have finished the game. However, as always when a team is only 1-0 down they are never out of things. Failing to get the second goal was our undoing.

The disappointing thing is that we lost two goals at Tynecastle recently from long throws and yet there we were losing another one from the same tactic. Failure to learn lesson = costly.

I thought that MM dithered (as usual) too for too long before putting subs on. Clarkson's was inevitable given the amount of work he put in and the kicking he took from their back four - at the end of the game he had an ice pack strapped to his right knee.

It was obvious that McGarry (good first 45 minutes) was blowing out of his a*se after an hour and should've been replaced. Also when they went to 10 men we should have taken either a defender or a midfielder off and put another forward on.

Poorest Aberdeen team I've seen for years but they still sneaked off with a point.

Don't think we can make top six now however one defeat in thirteen games is some record and I think it was our poor start to the season that was too much to recover from.

think we have every chance of making top six but more you think about Europe the more its not going to happen. If we make top six we need to go to United and Aberdeen. We rarely win at either. That coupled with the start due to us not winning they are now going to have on us if we are in top six we aren't good enough to make up the difference v Hearts and the OF. It is the run of losses that will cost us but we deserved to lose them - the games with Hibs, Falkirk, Killie and Aberdeen we should all have won and didn't - thats why they are the galling ones.

I thought we did ok yesterday and deserved to win but our lack of firepower is all too obvious. Clarky needs someone alongside him to play off and neither Sutton whose been a big dissapointment for me this season or Siilyname. :lol: . Is the answer. I'll be delighted and astonished if we make the top 6 now as i feel our chance is almost gone as we've failed to deliver in EVERY crunch game this season. :mellow: .

Nice to see the BBC missed Severins shocking tackle, which has also received no mention in the press, Suttons bad miss when Clarky squared it, Hammells cross come shot that nearly went in, Clarkys volley that went inches wide.....have I missed any?!? They've a cheek to call it highlights.

Nice to see the BBC missed Severins shocking tackle, which has also received no mention in the press, Suttons bad miss when Clarky squared it, Hammells cross come shot that nearly went in, Clarkys volley that went inches wide.....have I missed any?!? They've a cheek to call it highlights.

They also made Aberdeen look like they were actually at the match! I find it to be the same old story with the BBC's "highlights" every week, totally unreflective of the actual match.

Both goals were well taken but I've got to ask about Smith's positioning for the Aberdeen goal. I know it was leathered in but should he not be doing better there?

Thought we played well but it just reminded me of a number of matches last season when we just couldn't get the ball in the net. Here's hoping Saints can do us a favour next week!

Guest 'Flow

Eh?? ;):lol:;)

Either I was watching a different game from you or perhaps I am going blind?

Three minutes after Aberdeen scored they went down to 10 men and pretty much flooded the defense and midfield to get a point. A combination of bad luck and some outrageous goalkeeping prevented us grabbing what would've been a deserved winner.

Did Aberdeen have any shots at all after they scored? I can't remember any? Indeed, I can hardly even remember them coming up the park?

'Flow

They also made Aberdeen look like they were actually at the match! I find it to be the same old story with the BBC's "highlights" every week, totally unreflective of the actual match.

Just remembered we had a smallish shout for a penalty that was ommited from the higlights aswell, yet they also showed Aberdeens half arsed appeal for one.

I've tried to contact the BBC, purely to rattle their cage, over the glaring ommisions that occur in their highlights, but it's a lost cause as their doesn't appear to be a contact option on their page. Can anyone help and I'll tell them how it is!!!

Just remembered we had a smallish shout for a penalty that was ommited from the higlights aswell, yet they also showed Aberdeens half arsed appeal for one.

I've tried to contact the BBC, purely to rattle their cage, over the glaring ommisions that occur in their highlights, but it's a lost cause as their doesn't appear to be a contact option on their page. Can anyone help and I'll tell them how it is!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/3701180.stm

There's a form at the bottom of that, possibly use that?

Don't hold much hope for you getting a reply however

Edit - Just watched the highlights again. Why wasn't Jamie Langfield booked for skelping the ball off Jim O'Brien as he ran away to celebrate?

McGarry's dipping shot early on was another half decent effort overlooked as well.

Did Aberdeen have any shots at all after they scored? I can't remember any? Indeed, I can hardly even remember them coming up the park?

'Flow

Agreed , at one point i thought Graeme Smith was going to run down the other end, waken up Jamie Langfield and ask him for a shot of his knitting needles .

We got what we deserved, same as at Killie.

Still hope for the top 6 and St Mirren to do us a favour against Hibs but don't think we can argue about false positions if we end up 7th

A very distorted set of highlights from the supposedly impartial BBC. Now I've had time to look at it, Whilst Langfield's save was good it wasn't quite as impressive as it seemed at the time. That said Maguire's finishing was a bit better than Jamie Murphy's.

A very distorted set of highlights from the supposedly impartial BBC.
I think you're getting a wee bit carried away there. The BBC is supposed to be impartial when it's reporting on important new stories. When it comes to editing football highlights, the brief is to entertain the audience who weren't at the game.

I think you're getting a wee bit carried away there. The BBC is supposed to be impartial when it's reporting on important new stories. When it comes to editing football highlights, the brief is to entertain the audience who weren't at the game.

And by missing out the highlights of the match does that of course... :thumbup: