Twitterwell

Neil

I just spied on the 'Fishel that the club are now up and running on Twitter.

Must say that I'm amazed, given their lack in the past for embracing new technology and ideals, that they have taken this step!

Good to see some forward thinking on the clubs part.

Twitter is just for people with short attention spans.

Ooooh look, ponies.

I really canny be arsed with all this social networking crap! what the hell is the point in twitter. updatinging it everytime you take a sh!t, complete and untter waste of life and bandwidth. . . . . .

I really canny be arsed with all this social networking crap! what the hell is the point in twitter. updatinging it everytime you take a sh!t, complete and untter waste of life and bandwidth. . . . . .

Can I be the first to ask, what the f**k is twitter?

I created a Twitter account yesterday to get the 'Well updates and decided to 'follow' a few others. I think it could be a good thing if used well, i.e. to spread ideas, news, music/book/film recommendations, that kind of thing. Yet even as a fan of the whole social networking thing, I'm quickly losing interest.

what about in stadium bluetooth notification .......... team selection/news, half-time subs, time added on, etc., sure I heard Scotland doing something similar during the week.

It might make up for the PA being virtually inaudible in the East Stand. :lol:

twitter is a loada shite. i hardly care what i am doing myself, nevermind some clown i've never met before.

But that's fine, because if you were on Twitter, you wouldn't be daft enough to subscribe to the updates of some clown you'd never met before, would you...?

How is Bluetooth expensive to run do you just not typre a message, then bluetooth it to everybody with Bluetooth open ?
At best, Bluetooth has an effective range of about 10m. In a football stadium full of people, it would be much less. So you would need to set up some sort of infrastructure across the stadium if you wanted to broadcast to everybody.

I must admit, I don't understand the need for Twitter. It's basically just text message spam. The again, I don't understand the need for Facebook either. Email and texting are all I ever need.

At best, Bluetooth has an effective range of about 10m. In a football stadium full of people, it would be much less. So you would need to set up some sort of infrastructure across the stadium if you wanted to broadcast to everybody.

I must admit, I don't understand the need for Twitter. It's basically just text message spam. The again, I don't understand the need for Facebook either. Email and texting are all I ever need.

I done a scan at the game today using the bluetooth on my phone and picked up a couple that were clearly Aberdeen fans phones. So I imagine Bluetooth would cope in the stadium.

Much ado but nothing here is there not?

It's a potential avenue for you take advantage of info. from the club. If you are interested you sign up, if you're not, you don't and that's it really.

It's not something that I'm overly fussed about but if some in the support benefit from it, then why not?

I've just left Jack Daniels, phoned the Rex for a pizza. Will go and pick it up, go home and eat it.

Later I will watch Casualty.

Later again I will go to bed.

More updates later.

Frazzle

Unsubscribe.

• 2 months later...