Article By Mm On Sunday Herald Site

Tartan_Special

Guys like George Peat are everything that's wrong with Scottish football. Total chancer, ran Airdrie into the ground (actually...George = good guy??) then buggered off to Stenhousemuir so he could stay on with the SFA as treasurer at the time.

Always gives the impression of being totally out of his depth and tends to speak without first engaging his brain. He really should have resigned after the whole youth football debacle earlier in the season.

Well done to Noah for not missing him.

Good on ye McGee, another excellent article.

IMO we'll really miss this type of articulate, intelligent manager when/if he goes. He does himself and the club proud in all public forums he is involved in.

Someone needed to challenge and take issue with the bollocks that Peat comes out with at every opportunity. An absoulute cock of a man and should be out on his arse as soon as possible.

Without wishing to go against the grain, I know that Peat tends to talk a lot of rubbish but on this occasion he might have a point (though as usual he overstated it). On several occasions this season, I've come out of Fir Park lamenting the fact that neither goalkeeper has had much to do.

For what it's worth, I think there are a couple of reasons for this. Teams in the SPL are much of a muchness and often cancel each other out. And there is a climate of fear in football where the main aim seems to be to avoid defeat. Let's look at the Co-op Cup Final where both Rangers and Celtic started with one up front. McGhee can quote statistics about goals scored all he likes, but the quality of the product on offer in the SPL is not great. Whether the head bummer at the SFA should be admitting this, or talking up Scottish football is another matter.

But don't let the facts get in the way of another opportunity to kiss McGhee's arse...

Not sure if I'm yer twat, but I was in the Cooper and voiced an opinion. No allowed?

The abuse was shocking though - way beyond an 'opinion' being spouted by a few of them.

When a Motherwell player comes onto the park and the reaction is "FUCK. OFF." I don't see how that helps anyone. Although, the problem appeared to be the team he's on loan from.

As for the abuse McGhee took for removing Clarkson, the fact that he an ice pack applied straight to his thigh may have been the reason he was taken off.

McGhee, like everyone else, is not untouchable, but he has given us very little to moan about in 2009. Sure we could debate certain formations/tactics/substitutions etc till the cows come home (whatever that means) with the benefit of hindsight but 1 defeat in 13 games if great going by anyones standards.

I thought it was an excellent article and anything that challenges or gets it right up the arseholes that ru(i)n the game is fine by me.

Without wishing to go against the grain, I know that Peat tends to talk a lot of rubbish but on this occasion he might have a point (though as usual he overstated it). On several occasions this season, I've come out of Fir Park lamenting the fact that neither goalkeeper has had much to do.

For what it's worth, I think there are a couple of reasons for this. Teams in the SPL are much of a muchness and often cancel each other out. And there is a climate of fear in football where the main aim seems to be to avoid defeat. Let's look at the Co-op Cup Final where both Rangers and Celtic started with one up front. McGhee can quote statistics about goals scored all he likes, but the quality of the product on offer in the SPL is not great. Whether the head bummer at the SFA should be admitting this, or talking up Scottish football is another matter.

But don't let the facts get in the way of another opportunity to kiss McGhee's arse...

No your not going against the grain, just expressing an opinion, as I am.

IMO McGee is an excellent manager both on and off the park, and one of the best I expect to see at Fir Park in a very long time. Not kissing his arse just an honest opinion.

The facts that you refer to are just your opinion nothing more, nothing less.

While I don't have much time for Peat and McGhee's article is well structured and intuitive, I don't quite agree with him.

Shooting ability in the SPL is relatively inept. How many decent shots from outside the box from midfielders and fullbacks these days?

Focusing on Motherwell, I'm a big fans of guy like Hughes and Lasley but the lack of shots getting fired in from the edge of the box is infuriating. Shooting practise shouldn't just be for the strikers.

No your not going against the grain, just expressing an opinion, as I am.

IMO McGee is an excellent manager both on and off the park, and one of the best I expect to see at Fir Park in a very long time. Not kissing his arse just an honest opinion.

The facts that you refer to are just your opinion nothing more, nothing less.

To many folk are disregarding Melvin's point of view because of the last line in his post. McGhee's article is as usual articulate but by no means is he entirely right. To many goals in the SPL are scored because of bad defensive mistakes and not because of a bit of magic from someone. Indeed McGhee himself has to admit that we'd be much further up the league had our strikers been much more clinical in front of goal. Whilst I hate George Peat with a passion, I have to admit that he is half right in what he says.

To many folk are disregarding Melvin's point of view because of the last line in his post. McGhee's article is as usual articulate but by no means is he entirely right. To many goals in the SPL are scored because of bad defensive mistakes and not because of a bit of magic from someone. Indeed McGhee himself has to admit that we'd be much further up the league had our strikers been much more clinical in front of goal. Whilst I hate George Peat with a passion, I have to admit that he is half right in what he says.

Aye, but Melvin Bragg is a noted McGhee hater. Any opportunity to stick the boot in and he'll take it. Which I suppose is just as valid as any opportunity to kiss McGhees arse and others will take it.

I really can't see how anyone can sensibly moan against McGhee. Taking Malpas's team which nearly got relegated, getting us into third place despite the pitch and the captain dieing. Then losing Rossco and now Porter and still having us in with a shout of top 6 this season.

Maybe these achievments are not good for Rangers or Celtic, but the fact of the matter is that we are Motherwell. And considering where we were with Malpas, what McGhee has delivered since, (with everything that has went on) has been exceptional.

I'll kiss his arse, and Melvin can stick his knife in. Fairs fair, Its all about opinions after all.

Think the abuse that Mcghee took on sat was a disgrace and Mcghee definitely heard the abuse that came from the main stand. I personally thought that he should have brought on subs earlier, sutton should have came off and murphy brought on earlier. But I have too much respect for what the guy has done to stand up and shout "ur a disgrace McGhee" amongst other things that were shouted.

I've heard fans talk about him touting himself for other jobs and not being loyal. No wonder. He is the manager of a team who he has no emotional connections with, done a fantastic job but still the fans give him pelters. If i was in McGhee I would do exactly the same thing!

Got no problem with people expressing their opinion but think that they will regret it once McGhee moves on and they realise that we will find it hard to get a manager of his pedigree!

I was one of those who openly criticised MM on Saturday - not because of the substiution, but who was being substituted. Oh for the benefit of hindsight :P , when 5 minutes later Clarkson appears in the dugout with an ice-pack duly appplied to his knee/upper leg.

I think that many were of a similar view and there was very little in Davie's play to indicate any type of injury, hence the frustration from a number of supporters myself included.

Mcghee was taking pelters long before the clarkson substitution. After almost every home game you can see that McGhee is annoyed with the people in the main stand shouting at him and the players. My fear is that if a job, similar to the hearts one became avaliable, then Mcghee would take it. If we show him no loyalty for what he has done, why should he show us any?

I've heard fans talk about him touting himself for other jobs and not being loyal.

So have I, but tbh who ever says that are flat out liars. There is no proof of this.

If we show him no loyalty for what he has done, why should he show us any?

Even if we did show a little loyalty, why should he show us some, which has done anyway? He is here to do a job, is doing it very well. If he decides to move on then good, he deserves the best of the best. The fact, that people still harp on about him "whoring" himself to every club when the only time he has done it was for the Scotland job speaks volunms for some in the Motherwell fan base...

Mcghee was taking pelters long before the clarkson substitution. After almost every home game you can see that McGhee is annoyed with the people in the main stand shouting at him and the players. My fear is that if a job, similar to the hearts one became avaliable, then Mcghee would take it. If we show him no loyalty for what he has done, why should he show us any?

Don't sit in the main stand, Cooper for me - right in the middle, back row and I can assure that there was no criticsm from there until the substitution - Christ its difficult getting any type of emotion from the lot around us - even for a goal :( .

What loyalty are we required to show MM, support for every decision, no matter how wrong in the eyes of the individual that may be? Blind loyalty I have had in spades over my 40+ years of supporting the club, but I'm a little less prone to it now and will criticise when I feel the need to. We are no better or worse than every other support in the land, we all have our favourites (pop over and see what the Aberdeen fans think of Jimmy Calderwood). MM is an experienced manager and has already shown that he is man enough to stick to his own convictions over tactics and substitutions.

If MM does decide to move on he will probably do so of his own volition and will go with my best wishes and sincerest thanks for a fantastic period under his stewardship. He won't be hounded out by the critics in the Main Stand - stop worrying unneccessarily :P if he goes he goes MFC will go on.

Argument seems to have strayed towards a bashing for those who don't worship McGhee on a daily basis.

I happen to think McGhee has done an excellent job for us but he is far from flawless and I don't agree with the sentiments of his extremely well written article. The standard of SPL football is dire at present.

What loyalty are we required to show MM, support for every decision, no matter how wrong in the eyes of the individual that may be?

Already said that Mcghee is open to critisim and i thought that he got some decisions wrong on sat. Think it is more trust we should show rather than loyalty. The guy has proved that in the majority of cases he has got it right.On a few occasions he has got it wrong and every time he does he gets slated! It seems that we cant acknowledge that he gets it wrong from time to time.