In's And Out's

AndyRoss

At this match....

Nov 1st, 1997

Saint Johnstone 4 Motherwell 3

It was 4-0 to the home side after an hour, then we got a pen a minute later and Hendry scored it!! Billy Davies and then TC had us just a goal behind within 12 minutes, but Bawldy Rowbotham denied us a stonewall penalty in the last minute to level. This was a week after we lost to a last minute fat arse Windass goal at Fir Park to the Sheepymehs.

Mind that one mate! Went up in the car with yourself, your good lady and Graeme. It was Oweny who got our 3rd goal and TC missed a nalty at 3-0 down! Quite a game right enough!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nov 1st, 1997

Saint Johnstone 4 Motherwell 3

I managed to miss 3 goals in that game! Late in coz I couldn't get parked until I eventually abandoned it at a car showroom. Not long in the ground then heard the dreaded "Would the owner of car regestration number...'. Moved the car, ran(ish) back to the ground, took ages to get back in. Went for a slash later on and missed another. Hey presto, 3 goals missed.

Had to sit in my special quiet place that night :ph34r:

Mind that one mate! Went up in the car with yourself, your good lady and Graeme. It was Oweny who got our 3rd goal and TC missed a nalty at 3-0 down! Quite a game right enough!

Aye, yer right, typed in TC then remembered later Coyle got it and TC missed a pen. What a season that was, couple of weeks later we had this....

RaShellic 0 Motherwell 2 (Coyle 28, Weir 90)!!

then....

Motherwell 1 (TC 80) Rangers 1 (Sally)

I managed to miss 3 goals in that game! Late in coz I couldn't get parked until I eventually abandoned it at a car showroom. Not long in the ground then heard the dreaded "Would the owner of car regestration number...'. Moved the car, ran(ish) back to the ground, took ages to get back in. Went for a slash later on and missed another. Hey presto, 3 goals missed.

Had to sit in my special quiet place that night :ph34r:

Aye, but it was a pleasant drive up! -_-

That was one of our better away jaunts!

If it was anyone we knew then I am sure his name would have popped up by now. I think it might be an unkown.

Aye, we need to keep in mind just how many youth players each Premiership club actually has before getting too excited!

I'm not expecting anyone I've ever heard of before. Would be delighted if it's a known name though!

I'm not expecting anyone I've ever heard of before. Would be delighted if it's a known name though!

No chance of that I'm afraid. JG's signings so far have been young, promising players who no-one has ever heard of before. I'm sure it'll be the same with this one too.

EDIT : Basically I'm agreeing with you Jay. ;)

EPL reserve striker is good and all that......but truth be known I'd rather have a League One striker on a permanent deal than something short term. It is a position we need stability. Maybe even more so than defence imo.

Obviously if there is nothing in the market it can't be done.

Maybe Gannon sees the potential in McHugh and Murphy and believes an EPL youngster will have a lot to prove up here and take the chance to shine.

I suppose I just fear another Sheridan situation as I thought both games he scored in aside, he was utter gash.

EPL reserve striker is good and all that......but truth be known I'd rather have a League One striker on a permanent deal than something short term. It is a position we need stability. Maybe even more so than defence imo.

Obviously if there is nothing in the market it can't be done.

Maybe Gannon sees the potential in McHugh and Murphy and believes an EPL youngster will have a lot to prove up here and take the chance to shine.

I suppose I just fear another Sheridan situation as I thought both games he scored in aside, he was utter gash.

I am not a great fan of loan deals either, but if Gannon gets someone who has the same impact Stokes had at Falkirk then we can't exactly grumble.