In's And Out's

AndyRoss

I am not a great fan of loan deals either, but if Gannon gets someone who has the same impact Stokes had at Falkirk then we can't exactly grumble.

Agreed.....and if it WAS Stokes then I personally would be satisfied with that. Proven record up here before and no reason why he couldn't do it again. I just hope whoever Gannon gets it is for the season and not until Jan 1st.

How do people interpret this quote from the BBC article;

"A rock-solid, steady right-back who can contribute significantly defensively and a little bit going forward is a real priority for us, and another attacking player who can give us a different edge up front," he said.

So he is looking to sign a striker before Saturday and get in a right back and a winger/midfielder before the deadline closes?

:lol:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously if there is nothing in the market it can't be done.

Maybe Gannon sees the potential in McHugh and Murphy and believes an EPL youngster will have a lot to prove up here and take the chance to shine.

I think that's the key. In an early JG interview he said he wanted to sign 4 or 5 players on permanent deals and 2 or 3 on loan. The idea being that he needed to put together a team for the short term and give himself a chance to evaluate what is available to him for the long term. He might even manage to do another Ruddy with an option to buy.

Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh. Keep the signings secret Jimbo. Other managers now know your capacity for unearthing gems.

Dunno if there's anything up on the BBC yet but he was on Radio Scotland there saying exactly that. He won't name his target until the signing is confirmed.

Suggested that as well as Motherwell being keen to bring the player to the club, the player is keen to come to the club to develop as a player too.

What are we worried about? A bigger team coming in at the last minute?

Cos I'm sure the players agent, who presumably knows about the interest, would be dead against something like that happening and would be doing everything in his power to make sure other clubs don't find out.

:(

Can anyone confirm when the transfer window will close?

I know it's usually the 31st August - but just saw a trailer for SSN and it's saying deadline day is Tuesday 1st September. I'm guessing this is because 31st August is an English bank holiday.

Does anyone know how this affects us - would we be stuck to 31st Aug??

Interesting that he says he is 'waiting on our main target' at right back - I wonder if that is an indication that is IS that boy from Man U and we are waiting on their injury crisis at that position to clear up a little?

Never thought of that Haggis, "vewy pouwd" if thats the case! What a result that would be.

'Mon the Well :ph34r:

There's a guy on the bbc comments bit saying its lukas jutkiewicz. Everton striker signed for 1m. Has been getting farmed out on loan.

According to Wiki he was on loan at Huddersfield last season and Plymouth the year before. Didn't play many games and didn't score any goals. Mmmm.