In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen Hughes is in todays paper saying that he hasn't ruled out staying at Motherwell. http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/s...m-Well-off.html

I hope we finalise the Gannon paperwork ASAP and convince Hughes to stay. Sounds like Hughes is trying to convince himself of reasons to stay and having a solid Manager could be the final reason.

He is THE guy in the middle and would be very dificult to replace. As much as I would like to see Clarky and McLean stay (less bothered about Quinn), it would be tougher road to replace Hughes in the "engine room" of the park.

For many years we have craved a solid playmaker in the middle of the park and now we have one. It would be great to see him in C an A this season and build a team around him.

Let's hope Hughes puts off the inevitable "move down south" for a few years.

I'd love us to look at Steve Lovell and bring Kevin McBride back.

Contraversal but i think under Gannon he would relish the boot up the arse.

Wouldnt rule out Peter Thompson comming in from Stockport due to knowing Gannon.

I was quite surprised at Lovell getting released but have since read Eddie Mays reasoning and kind of agree with it

He is only training part time and expecting to appear at the weekend

Basically May is saying that can't go on, you get problems in the squad if you allow one player such liberty

Wouldnt rule out Peter Thompson comming in from Stockport due to knowing Gannon.

Isn't McBride going to Hibs?

Lovell can be dangerous on his day but he sounds like a crock. Meanwhile, I've always rated McBride but he would never get a fair crack of the whip returning to Fir Park.

Peter Thompson is a very good shout though. Thats the striker we were chasing last summer eh?

Did he not get struck down with health problems though!?

We should be holding out for more. Firstly, Cardiff have just gained £5 million for a half decent defender. Secondly, would we not be entitled to compensation if Quinn runs down his contract?

You would think Cardiff would have the decency to pay an extra few pennies given that they could make between £3-£5 million for Roscoe.

Very good move for Quinn though. I'll miss him a lot.

Kevin McBride was offered a contract with Motherwell at the end of the season, maybe early May and rejected it... reasons for? I dont know!

Maybe it was cos we acted like wankers towards him??

I dont want McBride back, didnt try a leg and the abuse was justified most of the time. Fair enough if your shite and try hard, but no effort and shiteness togther arent a good combo

Exactly, hes a wank and hes shite. Also, his tackle on Hammell was disgraceful, he deserved all the abuse he got for that.

So Buzz is apparently on the verge of signing for the mighty Brighton on a £2,000 a week contract.

Not the most mouthwatering of prospects. Wonder if he regrets turning his back on us!?

Where did you hear this bud?

So Buzz is apparently on the verge of signing for the mighty Brighton on a £2,000 a week contract.

Not the most mouthwatering of prospects. Wonder if he regrets turning his back on us!?

surely we could match that? certainly shitting it if Fraser is no1 this season