In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Sorry mate I was just reacting to a post about how players from lower English leagues would be good enough for the SPL.

A bit dodgy mentioning a players name in the Ins and Outs thread I guess, It'll probably be on the BBC gossip column tomorrow. :D

Aaaaaah right - cool. And your probably right about the gossip column - but then no smoke without fire and all that - might end up comin true :O

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klimpl on the bru again

Cardiff City have decided not to offer a contract to Slovakian triallist Maros Klimpl and the combative midfielder will now explore other options in the Championship or SPL.

Klimpl won an extension to his original trial period and was taken on the first team tour of Portugal. However, he did not start last night's friendly though did come of the bench to score the winner.

Jones had previously expressed doubts as to Klimpl's temperament as he racked up a number of yellow cards while at Motherwell last season. His distribution was a little wayward against Chasetown and you felt he was a little hot-headed.

I wouldn't want him bac at all. Don't get me wrong I liked it him but he has been just as much a whore as McGhee. Looking everywhere else for a deal apart from Motherwell. I wouldn't have blamed him for Cardiff but Aberdeen was hard to take.

Why should we be third or 4th choice?

By the way here is an interview with someone who does want to play for us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ury/8153589.stm

Was Klimpl EVER offered a deal from us though? The guy is technically unemployed and I don't blame him one bit for scouting about. Gannon should be made aware of him by staff already at the club and an offer made.

No chance bring Klimpl back- he was on over 5,000 euros at Midgetland and we can't offer him anywhere near that, let alone the fact he'd spend half the season banned.

Indeed the fact he was on that wage is the likely reason he would be looking around for something a bit closer and don't blame him, what we could and should limit ourself to offering be about half that or less depending on exchange rates. Fact is I don't think he worth that sort of money but we could do worse. After early impact I thought he tailed off, but if we want two holding midfielders we could do a lot worse, though not be my first choice.

Yeh if he develops well, Barca can buy him back regardless of if celtic want to sell or no.

And i think he is one of the better players that they have and i dont have a clue why he doesnt get a game,he has great vision.

His goal last season against the St mirren or some diddy team like that was a peach too.

Slighty off topic but this came to my attention.

I will more than likely get laughed at for this.

But Hills Motherwell are 20/1 to finish 3rd. I dunno but i think we will under Gannon or run it close since we have still to see what our signings are like.

I think we could if we:

Sign a new keeper who can command his penalty box and catch/punch crosses

Sign a pacey/tall/athletic striker

Sign a experienced/pacey right back

Sign a box to box central midfielder who can tackle and score goals

Sign a center back for cover for Craigan and Reynolds