In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Seems plausible since he seems to be stalling on a move to Hearts. I know there's a lot of talk about him possibly being with us next season but does anybody know if Gannon's even interested in him?

AFAIK, the day Gannon was unveiled as 'Well manager, he had a chat with Shug that evening, about what, remains the mystery.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone hasn't noticed, we are in the midst of important European games that could be really finacially beneficial to Motherwell if they can progress. If Klimpl or Hughes were that interested in staying with us they'd be here and playing an actual part in this important part of our season. Clearly they aren't interested so let's please move on. I am looking forward to seeing who Gannon brings in to replace them - although, in Jennings it would seem we already have a replacement for one?

Klimpl can get tae fuk as far as im concerned, it wasnt as if he was even a great player and we all only liked him because he got stuck in about folk which meant he got booked like every game.

Hughes would be welcomed back nae bother as none of u can deny that although he is often inconsistent,he is better than the center midfielders we've got just now.

Hughes would be welcomed back nae bother as none of u can deny that although he is often inconsistent,he is better than the center midfielders we've got just now.

That's the most important part of yer post right there - let's get someone consistant in. I get the feeling JG doesn't suffer inconsistancy in his players for long...

The majority of creative players are inconsistent; especially in out price range. I'd rather have someone like Hughes with a grafter beside him, than have 2 grafters.

Exactly Weeyin. I'd love to see Hughes resign and, without having seen Jennings play, I think from what I've heard they would compliment each other. Unfortunately I think Haggischomper is right in saying that if he does want to stay (finances permitting) then he would be helping us in Europe at the moment. Probably time to move on and try and fill that gap with another creative midfielder.

must be slow news day if we are discussing Stephen Hughes AGAIN..........he isn't going to re-sign and is no longer a Motherwell player, so it is time to move on.

Was looking forward to reading the papers this morning as you usually get more rumours/gossip/potential signing target news on a sunday, but seems like there is nothing of note in the papers! ;)

Klimpl can get tae fuk as far as im concerned, it wasnt as if he was even a great player and we all only liked him because he got stuck in about folk which meant he got booked like every game.

From what I have seen of him, Forbes is the ready made replacement for Hughes. A great wee footballer, good passing range and likes the ball at his feet. The question would be would Hughes coming back in bring him on as a footballer (on the training ground as I doubt they would play together) or actually limit his ability and hold back his progress by playing in front of him?

I think Forbes has waited long enough for his chance, and it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth if he got it taken away from him by someone who clearly doesn't want to be here. If he resigns soon then fair doos, I'll be glad, but I wish he'd just sort it out soon so we can get on with our preparations.

From what I have seen of him, Forbes is the ready made replacement for Hughes.

forbes has a long way to go. it's one thing to do well against welsh part timers or albanian diddies, quite another to play in centre mid in the spl. all forbes has shown so far is that he has a wand of a left foot, nothing else.

How manys others are like myself a little disappointed in the lack of signing so far. It's so obvious we need a goalkeeper, centre half and a striker as a bare minimum.

Gannon's only been in the job for about 3 weeks and during that time he's had trips to Wales & Albania to deal with.

Two signings so far is brilliant IMO.

Gannon's only been in the job for about 3 weeks and during that time he's had trips to Wales & Albania to deal with.

Two signings so far is brilliant IMO.

Exactly mate. Consider McGhee has been at Aberdeen how long now and has how many signings thats right none. Gannon is a better manager than McGhee and he will prove that this season.

McGhee signed some guy from the country named after a redundant cancer cell!

are you sure it aint still at the "will maybe sign" stage cos 4+ weeks is very fast for mark?

But if its a centre half its maybe one of the many that he had looked for for us the last 2 close seasons

We should be able to defeat Flamurtari anyway, as far as I am concerned the lack of signings won't be an excuse if we don't manage it.

As for the transfer market, you need to look at the bigger picture rather than rushing people in. We don't have a lot of money so we should make every penny count by making sure we get the best possible players available and if that means waiting another week or three then fine.

However we DO need to bring them in, we won't get by on what we've got over a season.

Seen this on the Daily Record site this morning...

EX-MOTHERWELL defender Marios Klimpl has failed to win a deal with Cardiff City. The Slovakian midfielder was also a target for Aberdeen but the Dons are thought to have dropped their interest. (Daily Express)

Not sure whether that opens the door for a return, or whether its karma for not signing with us in the first place. :lol: