In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly mate. Consider McGhee has been at Aberdeen how long now and has how many signings thats right none. Gannon is a better manager than McGhee and he will prove that this season.

Interesting post given what we've seen of gannon, what realistic targets do you have for gannon top six? 3rd or a decent cup run?

I get where Maxi's coming from - there's a lot of optimism around Gannon at the moment. Bottom line success for us this season after the way things fell apart squad wise tho is survival.

On top of that if we get some decent football, some kids coming through, some new signings playing some decent stuff and us challenging for top 6 I'll be chuffed.

Achieving Top 6 would be a gargantuan achievement from Gannon.

Building a squad that wanted to stay together and didn't want to depart the scene as soon as somebody waved a fresh tenner in front of their nose - would also be a pleasant change.

I don't think Gannon needs to lead MFC to a higher league position than The Dons to be a success (but it would be amazing)

There have, in my opinion it must be added, some real disloyal swines in our squad (and management obviously) over recent seasons. Not them all tho'

Exactly mate. Consider McGhee has been at Aberdeen how long now and has how many signings thats right none. Gannon is a better manager than McGhee and he will prove that this season.

Based on the fact that he's signed two players who relatively speaking next to no Motherwell fans have seen play? Fair play, the guys will hopefully live up to their apparent billing, but it's a bit premature to be heralding these signings as getting one over the competition.

It's early days in the new guys reign, I'm content to let him quietly go about his business without crawing too early about what we're gonna do and what Aberdeen are gonna do. We'll see how the two compare in terms of league finish. McGhee's obviously not made himself too popular in these parts, but the guy's still no mug and has a knack of getting the most out of his teams (at least for the first season). Being too cocky as a Motherwell fan doesn't sit easily with me.

I'll be more than happy with a steady re-building job at the 'Ark; the new drains and a bit of grass were a good start! :wub:

I still think the lowest we'll finish is where we were at last season, 7th. The other teams have still to lose players and sign shit journeymen to replace star men. Hamilton, St Mirren, Hibs, Killie will all struggle IMHO, with us and Falkirk in a battle for the last top six place. Gannon still has a few more aces up his sleeve and I fully expect at least another 4 players to come into the starting XI before the big Kick Off.

I still think the lowest we'll finish is where we were at last season, 7th. The other teams have still to lose players and sign shit journeymen to replace star men. Hamilton, St Mirren, Hibs, Killie will all struggle IMHO, with us and Falkirk in a battle for the last top six place. Gannon still has a few more aces up his sleeve and I fully expect at least another 4 players to come into the starting XI before the big Kick Off.

I too share your optimism. Of the above, Falkirk have lost a barrowload of players, moreso than any other side apart from us. Its also a tossup how Eddie May will fare. Hamilton too are losing the ehart of their team. St Mirren will do ok - a physical well organised side they won't win anything but they'll survive.

I too share your optimism. Of the above, Falkirk have lost a barrowload of players, moreso than any other side apart from us. Its also a tossup how Eddie May will fare. Hamilton too are losing the ehart of their team. St Mirren will do ok - a physical well organised side they won't win anything but they'll survive.

Pity :)

I think once we recruited a few more players we'll secure a top 6 place this season. We were robbed last season IMO :wub:

Also given the competitive pre season weve had, im just wondering how many gears ahead of the others we would be at the beginning of the season.

Where was it said there were trialists coming in? :evilgrin:

A few pages back it was suggested that the defender from Swindon and the striker from Aston Villa (Williams??) would be coming in on a week's trial this week. No quotes supporting it but whoever posted it seemed to be stating it as fact rather than rumour...

EDIT Well-made said it on page 73 of this thread...

Yep that was them Melvin I couldn't remember the names. Was just wondering if they looked any good?

Heard that JG had to pour water down the right wing to stop the grass catching fire Bogart was that fast, just a rumor tho. :evilgrin:

I did think Hibs would struggle but I ended up at their game against Dunfermline and Riordan and Zemamma looked very up for it. The two of them should provide enough chances for Nish. If Hughes gets a half decent centre half then they'll be alright.

All gone a bit quiet on the signings front.

I was wondering that this Euro run is a distraction Gannon could largely do without. I say run - 3 games :evilgrin: Well I guess that is a Euro run for us. It is the fact that it is one Thursday after another with little chance to refresh inbetween.

Of course I want us to get through on Thursday and play Steaua, but if the upshot is he can concentrate on the team and the SPL start then I could live with that.

I think the consensus on the players required is almost unanimous.

Goalie

Right back

Attacking/creative/goalscoring midfielder a la Dorman

2 Strikers

To me that is a minimum 5 players with the possibility of a commanding centre back also in the mix - although Hutchison and Page may be given their chance to deputise.

Anything less and we will have a very shallow squad.

I think the consensus on the players required is almost unanimous.

Goalie

Right back

Attacking/creative/goalscoring midfielder a la Dorman

2 Strikers

Wouldnt mind another centre back aswell. Still dont have much confidence with Craggs and Reynolds all season.

Yeah, I know. But I don't think Jennings will be the last midfielder to join.

I know, but I think Jennings is a direct replacement for Klimpl in the holding role, so don't think we need Klimpl anymore, as there are more important areas of the team that require strengthening, such as an attaching midfielder, striker, and right back.

i agree.if one gets injured we've got no one

Not entriely true.

The young lad Hutchison came in last year against the Accies and played really well. From what I have seen of the lad, he looks a good players. Dont get me wrong I think we still need a centre back but I dont think 2 is required.