In's And Out's

AndyRoss

Which takes us back to my original question. Which creative player within our price range will consistently deliver? Or do we not want any creativity in midfield?

If we are playing with wingers I guess until someone within our price range is available we need these guys to step up to the plate. Finding a good attacking / goalscoring midfielder has too be a priority for the manager....................... along with a goalkeeper, centre half and centre forward!!! :thumbup::woop:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which takes us back to my original question. Which creative player within our price range will consistently deliver? Or do we not want any creativity in midfield?

Just an idea......but Slane might do the job consistently. Obviously we don't know yet and if we do sign a player who is creative and consistent there is a good chance we haven't even heard of him yet.

Just an idea......but Slane might do the job consistently. Obviously we don't know yet and if we do sign a player who is creative and consistent there is a good chance we haven't even heard of him yet.

Need to watch we do not burn him out though! Patience is required as he is still a young lad!

Seems to me that we are setting up with a Liverpool style formation.

We just need our version of Torres & Gerrard :wacko: .

To be honest I'm struggling to think of many goalscoring midfielders going about.

Are there any? Don't know the lower leagues down south that well, but certainly there are none up here apart from Dorman. Just hope this dossier teh manager keeps of potential targets has a few

Are there any? Don't know the lower leagues down south that well, but certainly there are none up here apart from Dorman. Just hope this dossier teh manager keeps of potential targets has a few

As I have said we probably haven't even heard of the new midfield dynamo yet. A know they are in different positions but how many of us had heard of Richie Foran, Scott McDonald or Chris Porter. I'm bein honest I hadn't heard of any of them. We always find a gem whether it be from the youth team or an uknown signing.

As I have said we probably haven't even heard of the new midfield dynamo yet. A know they are in different positions but how many of us had heard of Richie Foran, Scott McDonald or Chris Porter. I'm bein honest I hadn't heard of any of them. We always find a gem whether it be from the youth team or an uknown signing.

Should you not be working lol :wacko:

I'll be honest and say I had heard of Richie, but more for his antics off the park than on. :lol:

The two hardest types of players to find are creative midfield players and out and out goalscorers. Thats why they tend to cost the most money.

It is what makes Kris Boyd an asset. He can score goals even if other parts of his game are poor. In Stephen Hughes we had a creative midfield player who although expensive we could just afford. He will be very difficult to replace.

I know there is an arguement to say that Hughes created little last year but I think people get confused with players creating goal scoring opportunities and creative players. Full backs and wingers may provide more assists without neccesarily being creative players. The creative midfielder links the team together in the middle of the park allowing players to do their thing round about him. If they can also provide defense splitting passes (ie Zidane) they become multi million pound players.

I remember Paul Lambert leaving Well and people suddenly realising how good he was for us. The point is I think we are going to struggle to get another Stephen Hughes and we are going to miss him.

I remember Paul Lambert leaving Well and people suddenly realising how good he was for us. The point is I think we are going to struggle to get another Stephen Hughes and we are going to miss him.
That's a good example. How many people at Fir Park expected Lambert to play a key role in a Champions League winning team?

I still remember McAllister taking pelters from some people for not tackling hard enough. His career turned out okay too.

Tomorrow's Sun mentions a couple of trialists. Kanyuka, the guy from Swindon, we had heard about. The other name being mentioned was Jonathon Tahoe, a midfielder. I'm asssuming that it's a misprint as I can find no record of such a footballer anywhere on the net. Anyone any wiser as to who the midfielder is that we have on trial...?

Or this knob too...

Stoke-Poster---FINAL.jpg

He is actually a pretty good footballer! Remember him in one of these shite charity matches and he ran the show for them - even bagged a goal. That was the one where Boris Johnson flying headbutted the German bloke. Best tackle in football history!