In's And Out's

AndyRoss

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a look at the article it seems to apply that only the top 4 sides are safe if Setanta goes tits up and we don't get a replacement. I tell ye, there is no way in hell Hearts or Aberdeen are "safe" if we have no TV Deal.

I don't think it meant last seasons league positions but more that the top 4 as in size and ability to take financial hits etc.

Hearts would seem to be safe enough provided Romanov doesn't pull the plug or go under himself.

Aberdeen I would think are not in great shape, but maybe Milne would finally throw in some money.

Feck knows financial realities of the SPL teams though to be honest, certainly hope TV deal swiftly sorted out so we not having flog Clarkson and Reynolds just to stay afloat.

Good stuff. Need to sort what he have before trying to add to it.

Hope I added something to the discussion there mate, not trying to be funny or trolling - just adding to the discussion and keeping ma nose clean - in case the Livi Gestapo are on the march B-)

Welsh press reporting a potential Cardiff bid for Quinn.

Klimpl speaking to sheep press about how a move to Aberdeen would appeal to him.

Are we Cardiff's feeder club now? :( Seriously, if they're apparently interested in Clarkson as well, they better have a massive cheque in their pocket, well into 7 figures. If we lose these two guys, the heart would ripped right out of the team and for me, relegation would be inevitable...

As for Klimpl, I say again, feel free. I don't see him being a priority for Aberdeen. Apparently they're looking to tie up Kerr and McDonald on longer contracts and if they're in for Hughes, I think they'll be fairly well covered in centre midfield...

As for Klimpl, I say again, feel free. I don't see him being a priority for Aberdeen. Apparently they're looking to tie up Kerr and McDonald on longer contracts and if they're in for Hughes, I think they'll be fairly well covered in centre midfield...

Think it is more a fact they see Klimpl as a direct replacement for the outgoing Severin (Watford).

Klimpl is adequate (that term used loosely) at central defence and a decent defensive midfielder as well, very similar to Severin.

Disappointed to see him go to Aberdeen as I thought he had really taken the Well to heart. Bit of a bombscare in defence, better in midfield and added some much needed bite to our team. That said, he can be replaced. Wonder if he'll get sent off against us next season? :lol:

Absolutely imperative we get someone in soon and get two or three signings under our belt. We've already started training amd have our first competitive game in just over a week. We've lost out on Beevers and a few of our regular first teamers are set to leave. We can't allow the other teams to get a head start on us or we are in for a very long, tough season. C'mon 'Well, sort it out! Surely we must have a front runner in place for the job, after all we've known McGhee has been leaving for about 4 weeks now. Adequate time in footballing terms to get someone else on board. I think the collapse of the Setanta TV deal has had a major affect in our ability to get a manager in and start the ball rolling in terms of signings. That being said, I'm sure it's the same for most of the other SPL clubs too.

Heard that this guy, William Sawyers, had a trial with us (also Clyde and Partick)

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/search/displ...n_a_step_up.php#

He was on trial at Clyde and apparantly he scored half of those 44 goals hungover!! lol dont know how true this is! We saw with Grehan, albeit hes doing well in the 2nd, that jumping from the juniors is possible but right to the SPL, thats a big task! Worked with Arnott but the game has changed in the last 20 years.