Memories Of Nancy

Welldel

After all of the moaning and complaining about the team recently, I have been looking at the pics and videos of Nancy. Fair cheered me up.

What a trip, the night before the game in the Phoenix, singing, drinking the pubs dry that night then the shops dry the next day. A sea of Claret and Amber in the square, the walk to the stadium, the constant singing throughout the match and after it while we were locked in. McGhee and Leitch's reaction to us after the game.

Magic experience never to be forgotten.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Phoenix on the Wednesday night was absolutely awesome. Even on the Tuesday night it was excellent, as half a dozen 'Well fans scared away the regulars with dancing on the tables. And the march to the ground is something I will never forget. Best trip there will ever be, bar none.

Frazzle

The Phoenix on the Wednesday night was absolutely awesome. Even on the Tuesday night it was excellent, as half a dozen 'Well fans scared away the regulars with dancing on the tables. And the march to the ground is something I will never forget. Best trip there will ever be, bar none.

Frazzle

Wouldn't say that. Certainly the best so far, but I'm sure next time will be just as good.

I'm new to this site ,but an old timer at Fir Park. I wasn't in the Phoenix the night before the match as we were in The AULD ALLIANCE in Paris . There was a decent atmosphere in there from what i can remember ( which isn't much later on that night ) My nephew and his son ( the wee guy about 7 years old that was singing and dancing on the tables ) said it was a fantastic night .

The square was absolutely brilliant , the cheap beer ,wine, the locals and then the march to the stadium. The cops and the teargas nearly wasted what was a fantastic day .

Let's do it again soon

I'm new to this site ,but an old timer at Fir Park. I wasn't in the Phoenix the night before the match as we were in The AULD ALLIANCE in Paris . There was a decent atmosphere in there from what i can remember ( which isn't much later on that night ) My nephew and his son ( the wee guy about 7 years old that was singing and dancing on the tables ) said it was a fantastic night .

The square was absolutely brilliant , the cheap beer ,wine, the locals and then the march to the stadium. The cops and the teargas nearly wasted what was a fantastic day .

Let's do it again soon

That's ma boy !

About time you made it here, Hows things ?

The Phoenix on the wednesday night had to be the best bit for me the atmosphere was electric in there. After then we went to the pub in the square where there was a fair number doing the conga outside it at 3 in the morning great times, managed to nick 2 bottles of wine out there as well. Better than any Scotland away trip that i've been to and certainly hope there will be another in the not to distant future.

The whole day on the Thursday was fantastic, seeing all those Well fans in Place Stanislas partying and singing. The walk to Stade Marcel Picot was amazing and the atmos throughout the game was immense, very emotional when 'There's only one Phil O'Donnell' started up too.

A wonderful trip, and here's to more in the future.

The Flight over

The train with stephen craigans parents ( YER BOY PUNTS IT !!!)

The whole afternoon in that square

the march

the game

Having my nipples licked during the game ( she knows who she is )

The whole friday, in that square ( cooockadoodledooo, iain7_mfc knows the score :lol: )

The Journey home ( 5 countries in 1 day)

Best few days of my life.

The Wednesday night was my favourite part of the trip. Met so many great people that night, the pub was such a laugh and I can't even rememeber what time the singing and dancing stopped! I also seem to remember dancing in the fountain....anyone tell me who with?! :lol:

The Thursday was amazing too - in the Square. Loved watching it fill up as the day progressed, bumping into everyone from Fir Park. The shop running out of beer. The guys getting everyone signing that flag (which I still wanna see!) and of course the march. Absolute madness - but fantastic! The looks on the folk as we sang our way by them and reaching the stadium and turning around to see everyone else. I actually couldn't see the end of the marc - just so, so many fans - all you could see was claret and amber.

The singing at the end of the match - One Phil O'Donnell bringing tears to my eyes - McGhee and Leitch coming over to us after the game. And THAT SAVE.

Getting up at 5am on match day, getting the 7.30 flight to paris. not sleeping after the game because we couldn;t be bothered going to find our hotel and spending the night walking the streets with Dodge and some bloke who had been kicked out his hotel! not sleeping until the following night.

Getting up at 5am on match day, getting the 7.30 flight to paris. not sleeping after the game because we couldn;t be bothered going to find our hotel and spending the night walking the streets with Dodge and some bloke who had been kicked out his hotel! not sleeping until the following night.

:lol:

That guy was kicked out of the hotel as we were trying to sneak him in, he didn't book a room!!!

We met up with him at Prestwick Airport after he posted on here and it turns out we knew him from years ago.

My favourite memories are drinking till 3am in our hotel in Paris Beauvais (we asked the guy what time the bar shut, he said what time you going to bed at) the night before the game then getting up at 6 for the train to Paris Est, breakfast in Paris, a cheese baguette and a pint of Stella, delicious.

Sitting in the station as the other Well fans arrived was brilliant, so many well known faces.

Then the train journey also brilliant, although I was that drunk I thought I put my kilt on back to front???

The square was tremendous especially when my mate saw our special couriers arrive (the lassies who went over by Taxi) with two bottles of Buckfast. He was like a wean on Christmas morning. :lol:

Then we tanned one of the bottles on the march to the ground.

The penalty save, the lager in the ground, (I know it was low in alcohol but I didn't know then) even the walk back to the square all tremendous.

The bar in the square we met loads of pals and ther was a great atmosphere.

I want back into Europe as soon as possible (against Real Mallorca???)

I've followed Motherwell for over 40years and some rollercoaster ride it's been. However the march to the stadium took my breath away. Every time I stopped to take a look back and forward at the never ending line of 'Well fans my eyes filled up. The reaction of the cops and the look on faces of all the locals said it all really. It was a unique a very proud moment in claret and amber.

Got a fright when Mitch took that tumble, but fortunately the bump missed his brain by 3 feet :blink:

took THIS myself, when I realised my camera had video functionality :wacko: