Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

As Alan MacDonald would tell you, this is "the best gear we've ever had". Considering the amount of shirts sold, added to the amounts of training and leisurewear sold it would seem that quality really isn't much of an issue, just typical that the one problem we have had is the replica home, and pro away kit.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SportsDirect in EK are selling a Lille CCC top just now for a tenner and the material is of a very high standard. The exact same as the Portsmouth top. The question is not the price of this top. SportsDirect is very much a budget retailer and I'd imagine Lille tops no matter how good won't be flying off the shelves in the central belt.

I think Dave people are more curious/concerned as to why our tops are different to the other CCC football tops out there?

SportsDirect in EK are selling a Lille CCC top just now for a tenner and the material is of a very high standard. The exact same as the Portsmouth top. The question is not the price of this top. SportsDirect is very much a budget retailer and I'd imagine Lille tops no matter how good won't be flying off the shelves in the central belt.

I think Dave people are more curious/concerned as to why our tops are different to the other CCC football tops out there?

This has been answered before but will be lost in the pages of posts.

In order to have the full hoop we had to use a different process called sublimation, which is material which is printed, rather than cut and sew, which is stitching different panels together. Another difference is the material, cut and sew shirts can use any material, but for a shirt to be sublimated a specific type of material has to be used that will hold the colours and won't allow them to run. Short but sweet answer, the hoop.

This has been answered before but will be lost in the pages of posts.

In order to have the full hoop we had to use a different process called sublimation, which is material which is printed, rather than cut and sew, which is stitching different panels together. Another difference is the material, cut and sew shirts can use any material, but for a shirt to be sublimated a specific type of material has to be used that will hold the colours and won't allow them to run. Short but sweet answer, the hoop.

Ah must have missed that. The hoop eh? Can understand why shirt printing etc. wouldn't work on a shirt which didn't have an 'integreated hoop'. Cheers.

Bit OT but I've got a 'man' close too where I live, too close in fact, and everyday it seems to be a challenge to get as much Rangers merchandise on as possible. I kid you not when I say it is two sometimes three items AT A TIME from either a FULL tracksuit, baseball cap, Home or away shirt, shorts, and bench jacket. This guy is in his 40s, doesn't work, and only ever seen in the company of another 'male' who clearly sports one of those XXXXXL home tops (oh aye have a look in JJB.....they do exist) at all times. Never a sadder sight seen. The irony being neither of these f**ktards could pick out Ibrox on a map of Govan.

Know what your saying bud. Sad state of affairs IMO....... I see clowns like that every day, must admit that it gives me a guid laugh though...........

When I heard Canterbury were to be doing our kit I was quite excited about the prospect. I think the Scotland rugby top and the and Dalziel rugby top that are on sale in the club shop are top notch. look and feel a high quality material, so i was looking forward to the new kit. having seen and felt the quality of our canterbury replica shirts I will not be buying them, they feel very thin. I would actually prefer to buy the Dalziel rugby top with the well badge sewn into it.

When I heard Canterbury were to be doing our kit I was quite excited about the prospect. I think the Scotland rugby top and the and Dalziel rugby top that are on sale in the club shop are top notch. look and feel a high quality material, so i was looking forward to the new kit. having seen and felt the quality of our canterbury replica shirts I will not be buying them, they feel very thin. I would actually prefer to buy the Dalziel rugby top with the well badge sewn into it.

The new home top is the best I've ever had. Easily the best looking for years and as mines isn't the first batch I've had no problems with quality.

Fair comfy tae!

Will that mean the Away kit will be of a higher quality then? Cos theres no hoops as such, a claret band seperates the horizontal stripes all the way round...?

Also, just had a wee look at the Portsmouth website there n Canterbury seems to have a lot more "Leisurewear" available for them, includin retro style tracky tops, hoodies n vests, some pretty smart lookin stuff...I'd like to see this stuff on offer in the shop

Only real problem so far with mine is catches, got a huge one on the front of mine now, and that's even with turning outside in, washing it seperately etc

There is no denying, there is some issue with the quality of strips this year, the design is flawless IMO but the quality leaves a whole lot to be desired.

I don't have a sponsor on my home shirt and it didn't cost me any extra... :P

In all seriousness, my main concern is how this could affect Motherwell financially. Surely if Jaxx get wind of the fact that players tops will only show the sponsor for half the game when we wear our away strip, and that fans are walking about the streets without the logo, then they'll be entitled to demand some of their cash back?

Will that mean the Away kit will be of a higher quality then? Cos theres no hoops as such, a claret band seperates the horizontal stripes all the way round...?

Same sublimate material because we have the hoops on the back, wouldn't be able to put a name or number on the back if it wasn't in sublimate.

Also, just had a wee look at the Portsmouth website there n Canterbury seems to have a lot more "Leisurewear" available for them, includin retro style tracky tops, hoodies n vests, some pretty smart lookin stuff...I'd like to see this stuff on offer in the shop

We're trying to do what we can, we've brought in alot of stuff that they don't have. Keep in mind though, Portsmouth are loaded compared to Motherwell!!

See if the sponsors logo is falling off, has it not occurred to anyone yet that it might be the manufacture of the material thats being used for the lettering thats fucked, rather than the top?

I mean, fair enough if it's sleeves that are falling off, then that would mean the top was pish quality. But if you're sticking something to something else, and it keeps falling off...surely that just means it's not been made sticky enough, and it's that which is pish quality?

See if the sponsors logo is falling off, has it not occurred to anyone yet that it might be the manufacture of the material thats being used for the lettering thats fucked, rather than the top?

I mean, fair enough if it's sleeves that are falling off, then that would mean the top was pish quality. But if you're sticking something to something else, and it keeps falling off...surely that just means it's not been made sticky enough, and it's that which is pish quality?

Too intelligent a post for this place. Expect an arguement. :P

<br />Same sublimate material because we have the hoops on the back, wouldn't be able to put a name or number on the back if it wasn't in sublimate.<br /><br /><br />We're trying to do what we can, we've brought in alot of stuff that they don't have. Keep in mind though, Portsmouth are loaded compared to Motherwell!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I'd try n get a wee retro hoody designed, shit like that will fly off the shelves...its no just cos I'd buy one honest!