Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks good but we can't wear it against Hearts or Aberdeen, surely!

You take them out of the equation and we only really need an away strip against Dundee United.

Wondered as well who might likely wear it against in terms of a clash. I would have initially thought both United and Aberdeen might have been dodgy but we wore the Pony strip back in 94'95 without any hassles against both of them - though we did have white shorts then. Obviously though Hearts are out.

I suppose though given we're meant to be wearing it tomorrow for example they'll just wear it when they think it'll get some exposure.

Have to admit both strips have really appealed to me this season, yet I have still to even buy the home effort due to comments on quality and the likes. I will probably still end up giving in and getting both over the coming months because they are very decent looking kits, so well done to those involved in design!

Might have been mentioned elsewhere but are both home and away strips for 09/10 and 10/11? or is it another one season wonder?

I'd much prefer it if you just be quiet.

We know you don't like Canterbury tops, you've already had posters reacting to your continuous negative criticism of Canterbury, so you must have known posting again in this thread would 'hook' someone in.

You've made your point, you don't like the tops. Move on.

To get back on topic, the design of the new away top is very impressive. However, I'll wait and see the comments on the quality of the fabric before I part with my money. If I wasn't scared that they would begin to fall apart, I'd probably order both tops!

Love that new away strip. Personally, I'd have preferred the pin stripes to have been vertical (as with what I seem to recall a lot of folk rate as their favourite away Motherwell strip) but it's a winner all the same.

Just for the record, both kits were registered with the SPL before the end of June...

If you have any additional printing (sponsors etc) that must also be approved but logintolearn and JAXX.com were both given the nod a while back.

No idea where this idea that the kits weren't registered has came from... <_< As people on here will be able to confirm, the top was produced months ago but a whole host of factors - most in the public domain, have caused the delay in the actual launch.

'Flow

I can picture it now...

Gannon/MacDonald "You'll need to wear the pink outfit today. Sts play in Blue

Ruddy - "Nae fucking chance. You get doon to the Club shop and see what else they have"

Gannon/MacDonald "I don't think...."

Ruddy "Well you better do it!!!!"

Gannon/MacDonald "I'm going"

Just out of curiosity, whats the deal with the goalies random green effort? The blue probably couldnt be worn with that mob playing in blue, but what was up with the pink strip? Does Ruddy just no like it? ;)

Ha, the story with it is:

When the kits were ordered for the squads we didn't have Ruddy and we didn't expect to need such a large top, but since he's built like the proverbial the pink one's don't fit him!! We need the option of 2 at least colours for the goalie hence the addition of the green shirt! He needn't worry though, the pink is on it way in larger sizes :lol:

Ha, the story with it is:

When the kits were ordered for the squads we didn't have Ruddy and we didn't expect to need such a large top, but since he's built like the proverbial the pink one's don't fit him!! We need the option of 2 at least colours for the goalie hence the addition of the green shirt! He needn't worry though, the pink is on it way in larger sizes ;)

Aye but he'll still wear the green yin. Hopefully :lol: