Couple Of Stats...

DosserJoe

Reading my paper the noo, couldn't help but pick out a couple of things from the tables and the stats.

Dundee United, Celtic and Rangers are the only two teams that have scored more than us! Bascially confirms that our problems this season have been more to do with defense than attack.

Also, Clarky is the top scorer outside the squirm. Huv that!

Reading my paper the noo, couldn't help but pick out a couple of things from the tables and the stats.

Dundee United, Celtic and Rangers are the only two teams that have scored more than us! Bascially confirms that our problems this season have been more to do with defense than attack.

I don't think it's that straightforward. We have drawn a number of games this year that we should have won, and a lot of that has been due to take our chances and finish off the opposition. Losing Porter was a big factor in that.

One more goal will give Clarky his best scoring season of his career, so fingers crossed.

accies, killie and caley thistle

all goes well, :rolleyes: chances are that may happen

if we are also on the subject of facts, i have the same birthday as clarkson so theres a fact for ya B-)

Also, Clarky is the top scorer outside the squirm. Huv that!

Not quite sure how much faith to put in your stats when you think three teams add up to two. :D

You can bleat all you want about statistics, but the fact is this season has been a dissapointment. Very few games where I feel we have performed well. We grinded out results, but far too many draws and as a few have mentioned - defence has been a big issue this season.

as has been said on numerous occasions before, with last years fantastic 3rd place, anything less than a european spot through league position, or a cup final was always going to be a dissapointment for some.

I have to say that while some of the performances have not been great, I am happy to be where we are. I kind of expected it, and for me having supported the 'well for well over 30 years anything above the relegation spot is fine by me.

as has been said on numerous occasions before, with last years fantastic 3rd place, anything less than a european spot through league position, or a cup final was always going to be a dissapointment for some.

I have to say that while some of the performances have not been great, I am happy to be where we are. I kind of expected it, and for me having supported the 'well for well over 30 years anything above the relegation spot is fine by me.

The league position doesn't bother me too much. I know anything above relegation for us is a bonus. When you see St Mirren, ICT, Falkirk etc all in that position its shows you we are not immune to being in there at some point.

Its more the actual performances this season. They have been pretty dull to be honest.

Also our pitch has been a major factor in where we are right now. If we could pass the ball on that pitch then we might have turned a few of those draws into wins.

kind of agree with that Johnstone. performances have not been the best, but they have overall been good enough to ensure SPL survival for another season. I also agree with the pitch issue, don't think anyone would disagree to be honest!!! For me its been more frustration than dissapointment.

30 odd years a Dosser and I enjoy the ups and put up with the lows because they're Motherwell ups and lows.

But even though we've been praised by the media for the style of play how do other fans see home games involving Motherwell? Attendances involving Motherwell have recently seen a drop in the attendance figures for the home team, a factor brought home by Saturday's attendance being lower than Inverness' recent visit to Paisley!

Seeing as we are looking at stats does anyone know how many goals have came from midfield this year and how that compares to other clubs?

I can only remember Boab's free kicks and Klimpl's and fitzy's against dundee utd, think this is an area that we should try and improve on next season.