Ict

steelboy

Can't make the game tonight due to work commitments, aswell as exams on the horizon so I have no spare time at all! Hopefully we win and get no bookings to help us with the Euro's. Would be nice to see a few of the younger guys get a wee shot from the bench to see what they can do etc. plus I would rather see some of the youth's getting a shot than loan signings at this stage of the season.

Mon the Well!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give Butcher a warm reception, and will dish out a bit of abuse to Kerr. I'll probably be totally indifferent to Foran, as I still maintain he was horrendously over-rated - I don't see any reason to boo him, but I don't see any particular reason to cheer him either. But each to their own.

Reckon we'll win this. Saturday showed that despite not having anything to play for other than avoiding bookings, we're still capable of tearing bottom six shite apart.

Not too bothered about the line-up - whether we want to start giving the younger players a gig is entirely up to McGhee. Don't want to see Sheridan in a 'Well jersey again though for the rest of the season, unless there's a good chance of us actually signing him during the summer. If it's guaranteed he'll be heading back to Celtic, there's absolutely no reason to play him ahead of other players.

2-0 'Well - Clarky & Sutton on the scoresheet.

I'll give Butcher a warm reception, and will dish out a bit of abuse to Kerr. I'll probably be totally indifferent to Foran, as I still maintain he was horrendously over-rated - I don't see any reason to boo him, but I don't see any particular reason to cheer him either. But each to their own.

Reckon we'll win this. Saturday showed that despite not having anything to play for other than avoiding bookings, we're still capable of tearing bottom six shite apart.

Not too bothered about the line-up - whether we want to start giving the younger players a gig is entirely up to McGhee. Don't want to see Sheridan in a 'Well jersey again though for the rest of the season, unless there's a good chance of us actually signing him during the summer. If it's guaranteed he'll be heading back to Celtic, there's absolutely no reason to play him ahead of other players.

2-0 'Well - Clarky & Sutton on the scoresheet.

Similar thoughts on Sheridan. Given that McGhee is evaluating the squads credentials for next season however, I wonder if Saturday's inclusion suggests we have a chance of keeping him.

As for tonight, I fancy a good few goals. 3-2 either way.

Similar thoughts on Sheridan. Given that McGhee is evaluating the squads credentials for next season however, I wonder if Saturday's inclusion suggests we have a chance of keeping him.

That struck me as well when I was listening to the game on the radio on Saturday. Dunno what his contract situation is at the shellic

Don't want to see Sheridan in a 'Well jersey again though for the rest of the season, unless there's a good chance of us actually signing him during the summer. If it's guaranteed he'll be heading back to Celtic, there's absolutely no reason to play him ahead of other players.

after the effort he put in on saturday i think sheridan deserves another game again tonight. he was very good on saturday winning a lot of ball in the air and running the channels well and he deservedly got a standing ovation when he went off. he might have no long term benefit to the club but if we can win the last few games it'll leave us on a high and looking forward to next season. another four performances like falkirk and there would have been a lot of questions bbeing asked.

i agree about seeing the young players but i think half hour sub appearances will do them as all the guys that we have that might break through are 17 and 18 and even if they do make it to the first team squad they're not going to be regulars for a while. the youth production has been a bit disapointing recently - reynolds, 22 and jamie murphy, 19 is all we've really brought through. apart from them darren smith is 21 but it seems unlikely he's in mcghee's plans and the other young guys we have who weren't eligible for the u19s - murray, forbes, wilson and archdeacon - haven't had a sniff of the first team and will likely be punted.

prediction 3 - 1 (clarky 2, murphy)

On the subject of Butcher/Malpas/Foran/Kerr. Terry Butcher deserves a lot of respect from Motherwell fans for standing by the club during administration and I can understand why he should get a good reception from our fans before the game. However, the other three can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. I cannot for the life of me understand why any Motherwell fan should cheer or applaud Richie Foran when he is playing against us, as he was a very, very average player when he was with us and a lazy bastard the majority of the times. He certainly does not merit any cult status amongst Motherwell fans.

Can understand what you're saying, but it's a case of 'each to their own'.

Everyone has their favourites and for some that was Richie Foran. I have no reason to applaud Foran, same as I don't have any reason to criticise him.

Just hoping for a good win for us tonight.

i don't think anyone's planning to cheer him when he's playing, just give him a warm welcome back. 35 goals in 105 appearances mainly from midfield is good going and a dozen of them were probably penalties (although we've missed enough since he left that it seems more impressive now) and eleven were in the league cup. on the otherhand a fair few of the penalties were late winners and two of the league cup goals were in semifinals. he might have tired late in games because he had a questionable lifestyle but is that any worse than jim paterson and mcgarry who were visibly unfit for long spells of their period at the club (maurice malpas once admitted to me that mcgarry and paterson were overweight but claimed he couldn't do anyhting about it)?

foran was a very good player for us on the park and most of the reasons he was disliked were (i) because he was a bevvy merchant and there were a lot of rumours about him taking drugs (ii) he frequented a lot of celtic pubs (iii) some fans who viewed themself as being more intelligent than some others felt aggrieved that foran was well liked by sections of the support they resented for booing other players, can anyone who ever said "thumbs up for shaun fagan" really claim to have been judging players soley by what they produce on the park.

foran was a very good player for us on the park and most of the reasons he was disliked were (i) because he was a bevvy merchant and there were a lot of rumours about him taking drugs (ii) he frequented a lot of celtic pubs (iii) some fans who viewed themself as being more intelligent than some others felt aggrieved that foran was well liked by sections of the support they resented for booing other players, can anyone who ever said "thumbs up for shaun fagan" really claim to have been judging players soley by what they produce on the park.

Or (iv) some folk just thought he was a mediocre footballer who did a half-decent job when playing, but felt he was vastly over-rated and couldn't quite understand the hype.

Or (iv) some folk just thought he was a mediocre footballer who did a half-decent job when playing, but felt he was vastly over-rated and couldn't quite understand the hype.

that's fair enough but from my point of view he was a good player for us. i'll be happy to give him a cheer when he comes out as i remember a lot of good performances. you're indifferent and that's fair enough, i can't see any reason for anyone to boo him though, when he left he was on a good run of form, he scored the winner against airdrie in the cup and we got some cash for him. why boo?

also the description "mediocre footballer who did a half decent job" could be applied to a lot of popular players at fir park down the years.

that's fair enough but from my point of view he was a good player for us. i'll be happy to give him a cheer when he comes out as i remember a lot of good performances. you're indifferent and that's fair enough, i can't see any reason for anyone to boo him though, when he left he was on a good run of form, he scored the winner against airdrie in the cup and we got some cash for him. why boo?

also the description "mediocre footballer who did a half decent job" could be applied to a lot of popular players at fir park down the years.

Oh aye, I agree with you on the subject of booing. I was just adding a fourth reason why some people are indifferent to him. I'm sure if he comes over to the East Stand at a throw in or something, he'll get a wee applause and he'll most likely appreciate it - that's perfectly fine by me.

Will be interesting to see how he fits in the ICT line-up anyway, and I'm actually glad he won't get a hard time from the 'Well fans - as the more abuse an ex-player gets from the East Stand, the more likely he is to score against us!