Lee Beevers

Wellimp

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/football/linco...cle.php?ID=7186

According to my local rag we have been linked with Lee Beevers. He has been offered a new contract at Lincoln but has turned it down.

May be a decent squad player but is no better than what we already have.

Have you watched the guy wellimp?

Just wondering whether our guys think there's potential to develop there.

Have seen a little of this season.

Seems to play in a different position in the back 4 every time I have seen them.

I think it would be a step up for him in terms of pace, and strength - but from what I have seen he could well make the jump.

I question whether he is better than what we have, but that assumes that we keep Reynolds, Craigan stays fit etc.

Still, if there is no fee, and financially he is not asking the world, he should be a decent punt.

Have you watched the guy wellimp?

Yes. Seen him ever since he arrived at Lincoln. He can play anywhere across the back four.

Cant really fault his effort and commitment but since about January he's been awful but that may be down to the fact that he knew he would be leaving at the end of the season.

Another article in the Express

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/102001

if league two can be judged by what we saw of bradford last summer then it's pish and this guy will find it a big step up. mcghee seems to have lowered his expectations about who is good enough to play under him, going for guys from this level and the likes of dave mackay. it's just a shame his standards didn't drop quickly enough to keep either corrigan or kinniburgh and we might have been spared some of the defensive chaos of nov/dec.

does anyone else think this signing means someone is leaving? we seemed well covered at the back with mclean, quinn and reynolds all capable of playing multiple posistions plus hammell and craigan. saunders and hutchison have also looked promising.

if league two can be judged by what we saw of bradford last summer then it's pish and this guy will find it a big step up. mcghee seems to have lowered his expectations about who is good enough to play under him, going for guys from this level and the likes of dave mackay. it's just a shame his standards didn't drop quickly enough to keep either corrigan or kinniburgh and we might have been spared some of the defensive chaos of nov/dec.

does anyone else think this signing means someone is leaving? we seemed well covered at the back with mclean, quinn and reynolds all capable of playing multiple posistions plus hammell and craigan. saunders and hutchison have also looked promising.

The more I read about this boy the more I wonder about McLeans future. Hopefully we are looking to have both of them on board but I'll be disappointed if McLean is punted at the expense of this boy!

Meanwhile, good players can come out of these diddy leagues. Remember nobody wanted Scott McDonald...

it's just a shame his standards didn't drop quickly enough to keep either corrigan or kinniburgh and we might have been spared some of the defensive chaos of nov/dec.

Are you serious! :)

Corrigan got elbowed out at Kilmarnock, had a disastrous loan period at Dundee and is now by no means an automatic choice at ROSS COUNTY.

Meanwhile Kinniburgh couldn't get a game at Partick Thistle and will be released this summer.

Corrigan's injury was the end of him and as harsh as it may sound, we made the right move in moving him on. Kinniburgh was a total bombscare, remember that handball at Almondvale? He had more than a touch of Greg Denham about him.

Corrigan's injury was the end of him and as harsh as it may sound, we made the right move in moving him on. Kinniburgh was a total bombscare, remember that handball at Almondvale? He had more than a touch of Greg Denham about him.

Remember his performance against Rangers in the 1-0 Boxing Day game. The last time we happened to beat Rangers.

Must admit I thought he would go on to have a more prosperous career.

I'll be devestated the day Paul Quinn leaves Motherwell.

Well I'll be on the other side of the road with the rest of us fixing up the bunton and paying the taxi driver!!

He is a liability, if it wisnae for his Motherwell career he would be a Burger King assistant manager at a service station (They really all do look like Paul Quinn!!)

Don't be too quick to judge League 2 - I dont think its too dissimilar to Scottish League 1.

I have been surprised at how ordinary ex Scottish Premier League standard players look in League 1 eg Alan Mccormack and dare I say it, Stevie Hammel and Jim Paterson. Not saying that they do not play well down here, just think it looks like they take a massive step back in terms of their football in comparison to their displays at FP.

I think its just down to the pace of the game - the frantic nature of Scottish football perhaps covers up some more glaring mistakes that you pick up in the lower english leagues due to the more pedestrian nature?

If we are happy to go down the leagues in Scotland, we should not be quick to dismiss the lower English leagues also - especially when it doesn't look like there is much money at stake.

Well I'll be on the other side of the road with the rest of us fixing up the bunton and paying the taxi driver!!

He is a liability, if it wisnae for his Motherwell career he would be a Burger King assistant manager at a service station (They really all do look like Paul Quinn!!)

Paul Quinn, Liability.

Good point of view that is. Any evidence?

Are you serious! :thumbup:

Corrigan got elbowed out at Kilmarnock, had a disastrous loan period at Dundee and is now by no means an automatic choice at ROSS COUNTY.

Meanwhile Kinniburgh couldn't get a game at Partick Thistle and will be released this summer.

i don't mean that they're great players i just mean that they'd have been better cover at right back and centrehalf than lasley and fat boab were for most of our shocking run from november til xmas.