Lee Beevers

Wellimp

Are you serious! :thumbup:

Corrigan got elbowed out at Kilmarnock, had a disastrous loan period at Dundee and is now by no means an automatic choice at ROSS COUNTY.

Meanwhile Kinniburgh couldn't get a game at Partick Thistle and will be released this summer.

To be fair mate he has been injured a hell of a lot since arriving at thistle! and had more good than bad at well from what I remember a lot like McLean!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly would seem to suggest that at least one of our back four is moving on. McLean is the only player who would be "let go". Craigan is contracted til 2042, so you're looking at our "sellable" assets. I reckon you can discount Hammell on the basis that he supplies most of our assists and due to the fact that he wanted to move back to the area.

So you're left with Quinn or Reynolds. Have to say, I'd rather it was Reynolds who was sold. The only two players I'd hate to see sold are Clarkson and Quinn...

Almost certainly Paul Quinn will move on at some stage, but hopefully we can hold onto him for another season or two.

I am resigned to that as well as, to my mind, he has a couple of qualities that Reynolds doesn't possess (yet) which could see him go further in the game...

Aye the ability to ot square the ball to the onrushing forward five yards from goal and to use his bad foot at least once per match remotely productively.

True, but I was actually thinking more of physical strength and ruthlessness in order to win. His will to win tends to lead to some bad decision making (red cards acquired chasing back lost causes) but it's an attribute that several of our more "gifted" players could do with...

True, but I was actually thinking more of physical strength and ruthlessness in order to win.

Yes, and those are the very qualities that will make him more attractive to an English side at the moment. Someone who should know, Mark McGhee (and Terry Butcher before him), rates him very highly.

Express reports that McLean has been offered a 12 month deal.

Also goes on to say that McGhee expects the following to leave despite still being in talks:

Buzz - Hibs

Hughes - Rangers, Hearts, Forest & Derby

Klimpl - Plymouth

All clubs mentioned are reported to be interested in the individual players.

Malcolm is set to move to Queensland Roar as has been said here before.

Losing Klimpl isn't the worst thing in the world, Lasley can step in there fine, we'll certainly reduce our bookings by one a game.

Not a popular view round these parts, Neil, but one I agree with (kind of). Lasley is certainly a bit more disciplined than Klimpl, both in terms of not picking up silly bookings and not drifting all over the park to chase the ball. However, the loss of Klimpl along with Hughes leaves us with two recognised centre midfielders at the club. Anyone want to count McGarry or Paul Quinn? Didn't think so...

Will be disapointed to lose Klimpl,especially after buying a Slovakian flag to persuade him to stay, and even more so as I/we were under the impression he wanted to stay.

We now need even more players to fill the gap then!

I've been clear in my own mind for some months now that Smith and Hughes would move on and I'm relaxed about that. Maros Klimpl? I've again thought that the probability was that he too would move on.

That leaves us very short in midfield and back where we were 2 years ago. In my book we'd require a left winger and two central midfielders (a midfield destroyer and an attacking type). Hopefully some newcomers with pace.

Keith Lasley is a decent and committed squad player but too lightweight for the hurly burly of the SPL.

All this adds up to an interesting summer.

Express reports that McLean has been offered a 12 month deal.

Also goes on to say that McGhee expects the following to leave despite still being in talks:

Buzz - Hibs

Hughes - Rangers, Hearts, Forest & Derby

Klimpl - Plymouth

All clubs mentioned are reported to be interested in the individual players.

Malcolm is set to move to Queensland Roar as has been said here before.

Great that Boab is getting shifted, although that was an obvious one.

Hughes will DEFINATELY leave - expected.

Buzz is still very likely

But KLIMPLES!! I would have hoped he would have been signed up by now!!

And if Lasley moves on too we are fucked!! Especially with McGhee saying the youth squad is where the majority of our squad is coming from.

We NEED new influence in the team, I have said before too we also NEED some foreign influence - The Scottish game is so primitive we need some flair - what is the problem with getting some half decent Portuguese 19 year olds from their second division or the like??? I'll guarentee you they will be better than Darren Smith or Marc Fitzpatrick!!

Come on 'Well, cast the net!!!

We NEED new influence in the team, I have said before too we also NEED some foreign influence - The Scottish game is so primitive we need some flair - what is the problem with getting some half decent Portuguese 19 year olds from their second division or the like??? I'll guarentee you they will be better than Darren Smith or Marc Fitzpatrick!!

why not strike a deal with Arsene Venger, take some of his young conveyor-belt talent and bleed them into 1st team football in the SPL?

From Wikpedia

"Beevers' performances for Lincoln in the 2008/09 season have led to him being offered a pre-contract by Scottish side Motherwell where the prospect of "REGULAR" European football may be enough to lure him north of the border" :huh:

Yes he is guaranteed regular European football with us.......once every 15 years.