Seaon 08/09 Highlights - Lowlights

johnstone

Game of the season: Motherwell 1 v 1 Celtic - Just really enjoyed this game, we played quite well and a last few minutes equaliser was the nuts.

Goal of the season: John Suttons wonder strike against Rangers at Ibrox.

Player of the season: Its a toss up between Stephen Craigan and Paul Quinn, but I think I will give it to Quinn. Has been consistent all season and has had a great end to the campaign.

Best moment: The atomosphere in Nancy and the first 15 minutes of the Fir Park games. Great times and very memorable.

Worst Moment: The fact our pitch wasn't fixed is a real low point for me. If fixed, we could have been in the top six. Also losing Chris Porter.

Suprise of the year: Getting into Europe via the fair play league!

Worst player of the year: Bob Malcom by a mile. One good free kick and then he vanished like a genie into a lamp.

Young player of the year: Jim O'Brien - from that horror show on his debut to where he is now is a remarkable turn around.

Overall: A bit of a dull season to be fair, but our wee Euro adventure and the fact we are in it again makes this season better than average: 6/10

Game of the season: Beating Dundee Utd 4-0 away from home. It was just so unexpected, and to hump them the way we did was great.

Goal of the season: John Sutton against Rangers, no sweat.

Player of the season: Either Craigan or Clarkson for me, gonna opt for Clarkson (albeit I've only seen a few games), what with getting his highest ever goal return.

Best moment: Graeme Smith's save in Nancy. Pure epic.

Worst Moment: When the second went in against Nancy, had my head in my hands at that point.

Suprise of the year: Fair play league (if we get in).

Worst player of the year: Bob Malcolm. From what I saw from him, I thought he looked decent. But he's not kicked a ball in months, so that's why he gets my vote.

Young player of the year: Jim O'Brien. We don't really have too many young players playing regularly in the first team, but he's been really good from what I've seen.

Overall: Looking back on history, this would probably be a good season for us. However with the expectations we set ourselves from last season, a bottom six finish was always gonna feel like a bit of a disappointment. Couple of great moments thrown in (Nancy, beating Dundee Utd 4-0, equalising against Celtic etc etc), so I'll give it 7/10.

Best moment: Graeme Smith's save in Nancy. Pure epic.

Worst Moment: When the second went in against Nancy, had my head in my hands at that point.

My best and worst moments too.

That save gave us a reason to cheer in Nancy and gave us a bit more hope to take something from the game. Can't actually describe how happy I was with that save - raised all our spirits just when we needed it.

If I'm honest, I didn't expect to win at home, but it still hurt, a lot, at the final whistle. Totally gutted, but still proud of the team and all the fans for the great turnout at Fir Park that night. Great scenes and an electric atmosphere.

Game of the season: The away leg in Nancy - I know we let ourselves down on the field but for 90 minutes we graced an away ground in the UEFA Cup and we ended it with the belief we would turn it around at Fir Park.

Goal of the season: John Sutton at Ibrox or Paul Quinn against Celtic (simply because it got it right up the great unwashed).

Player of the season: David Clarkson. Curiously I thought Keith Lasley started the season really well but he drifted out of the team which disappointed me.

Best moment: Being in Nancy - the shining beacon in a disappointing season.

Worst Moment: Being joint bottom of the SPL at Christmas - not long after we had been 3rd at the end of the first round of matches.

Suprise of the year: Not all surprises are good, right ? So I'm going to say some of McGhee's team selections were the surprise for me - particularly the home cup tie against St Mirren.

Worst player of the year: Don't really think we had anyone who could be described as "worst" - there were a number of disappointments such as Stephen Hughes and Jamie Murphy, and a few "invisibles" like Darren Smith. Bob Malcolm virtually disappeared after featuring early on but I'd rate him as the worst mistake rather than worst player.

Young player of the year: I'll go with Jim O'Brien.

Overall: 5/10. By MFC standards this would have been a decent season, but after the success of last year we totally failed to build on the momentum and we seemed to suffer from a number of self-inflicted wounds (bizarre team selections being the biggest) and failed to take advantage of the opportunities which came our way.

Stuart.

Game of the Season: Not many stick out, obviously thumping United away is a clear stand out, only due to the sheer margin involved in the scoreline. Despite the defeat, still would say the Hearts game at the start of the season was good. Highly charged, and decent atmosphere due to Hearts trying to nick McGhee over the summer and obviously with him declining it. Added spice to the game, the optimism for the season ahead. The backwards/forwards type game. Thinking we were back in it when Clarky hit the 2nd equaliser, only for Mikoliunas to score and snatch it away. For entertainment that is up there as there aren't many games this year to choose from.

Goal of the Season: Only really one contender and that is the already mentioned Sutton strike into the Copeland Road at Ibrox. Fantastic effort. But, if O'Brien had managed to finish off what was a massive move, involving about 10-15 one touch passes in injury time at New Love Street the other week in Stoppage Time then that would most certainly be a contender. An extended move of the McGarry goal (McGhee's first game). But, as it brushed the outside of the post and failed to materialise, it only really leaves Sutton as the one contender.

Player of the Season: Clarky, we missed him immensely in the Nov/Dec spell after his red card at Parkhead (still a shocking decision) and his following broken arm. No surprise that it coincided with our poorest run of form under McGhee (many will claim that Craigan was as vital a miss during this time). But, for his goals, effort, defending from the front, assists, and all round pain in the arse - he was integral in the way we play. Matured even more since Porter left and is now top Scottish scorer (apart from the fat fuck at Ibrox). More than deserving of back-to-back PoY awards..

Best Moment: Mixture of the first two posts here. As Gazzy says, the pandemonium of Buzz's save in Nancy, giving us that glimour of hope to stay in the competition. Even more so that it was up our end, absolutely amazing. Also, as Johnstone mentions, slight adaption the 15-30mins after the game where we were locked in and everyone in full voice despite the defeat and the look on the remaining Nancy supporters faces in disbelief at the response from us despite the defeat. Tremendous (well apart from the tear gas of course).

Worst Moment: The two early goals in the 2nd leg, left everyone deflated and a total anti-climax from over the summer. And getting absolutely played off the park in the first home game against Celtic and being 4-0 down at HT. And if Celtic had came out in the same agressive manner then it could have been near double figures. First time in a long time, that we had been totally outclassed and was far too easy for them.

Surprise of the Year: Hopefully we will find out next Tuesday/Wednesday...

Worst Player of the Year: Bob Malcolm, for the sheer wages we have wasted on him, for a man that can't be fit and a potential liability whenever he is on the pitch. All went wrong from the Hearts game, and the Hearts midfield just walked past him at every opportunity, at fault for Stewarts goal and went downhill from there. A little bit of form at the heart of defence and a couple of free kicks does not justify the huge wages wasted on him. And with nobody else being exceptionally poor, there is only one contender.

Young Player of the Year: As long as we can change this to "Young Player of 6 Months" - then it is certainly J.O'B, with Murphy & Reynolds being his only competition. With Reynolds having an "off-season" (for his high standards) and Jamie not playing often as he or we would like then it leave Jim as the only contender and he deserves it for coming on leaps and bounds. And being a real threat down the wing for us. His crossing can be better, but he has speed, work rate and a fair amount of skill as well. Would like him to contribute a few goals next season.

Overall: 5/10 for what has been an average season. If we had a better run in any of the 3 cups then it would certainly be higher. No great games, no great optimism, and the fact we have had to cling on to the hope of a Fair Play place is simply an average season. Just glad we weren't sucked into the relegation battle. So a comfortable 5/10.

Game of the season: United 0 - 4 Motherwell. I wasn't at the game, but listening to it on the radio, it sounded by far and away our best performance all year.

Goal of the season: Watched on a grainy stream on Justin TV, John Sutton's goal against Rongers is by far and away my goal of the season.

Player of the season: Clarkson. 14 goals is an excellent return from a player who has struggled so much in the past and hasn't started every game.

Best moment: Nancy. If i had to pick a specific moment, which is incredibly hard to do, I'd probably say the Wednesday night when everyone moved down to the bar in the square next to the night club. An awesome sing song, good random chatting with French people. Just a great atmosphere that I hope will be replicated whereever we end up in the Europa league, should we make it.

Worst Moment: Billy Mehmet sliding home the winner in the cup tie that basically ended our season.

Suprise of the year: This Fair Play business. Means I might get a wee summer holiday!

Worst player of the year: Hard to single anyone out, I think its harsh to say Malcolm as he has hardly played, simply due to what was expected of him, I'm going to say Mark Reynolds. A total bombscare at times and a shell of the player he was a season or two ago. Hopefully he'll be back on form next year.

Young player of the year: Jim O Brien, been brilliant for us since the turn of the year and proved McGhee was right to take a gamble on him.

Overall: Not as good as last year obviously, but a good season by our usual standards, the possible Euro jaunt improves it a bit, performances might have been way down from last year, but hey ho, this is Motherwell, we can't always be like Brazil. 7/10.

Game of the season: Nancy away. Sadly not for the quality of football or the spectacle but the occasion. The game itself is about the only one where I got really into it and whilst ultimately a game and tie I was disappointed with it was just something to see us playing in europe in the flesh. Smith's penalty save being almost as good as a goal as it preserved hope for the 2nd leg.

Goal of the season: John Sutton at Ibrox, absolute belter.

Player of the season: David Clarkson, the often ungainly and ungraceful looking DC has provided goals, assists and workrate again an absolute key player. We do miss Porter who might have pipped DC if he'd stayed the full season. Craigan was also solid this season, much missed when injured. Also thought Lasley was playing really well right up until he became captain and own form seemed to suffer and he drifted out the first XI.

Best moment: Football wise Smith's save in Nancy. In general seeing the square in Nancy filled with Well fans on the day of the game.

Worst Moment: The pitch certainly been a low point. November and December were pretty grim also. I know we had injuries but even so McGhee basically seemed to tell them to forget playing fitba and just lump it to Porter and Sutton. Hibs 4-1 game being possibly the lowest ebb. But the absolute lowest was the St.Mirren cup game at Fir Park just as our season really threatened to turn around. That team selection was a bad joke and people wonder why Melvyn Bragg goes mental about McGhee? Bare faced lies or incompetence claiming that as a 4-3-3. Before I get flack, yes McGhee is still best manager since wee tommy but he not the messiah despite the evidence of his first season suggesting he might be.

Worst player of the year: Bob Malcolm. He gives the impression of just not giving a toss. Apologies if some chronic injury is the reason he appears to be fat, slow and uninterested looking but either way he been a huge waste of a wage!

Young player of the year: I suppose it O'Brien, he flatters to decieve a lot but he done enough to earn his place and if he keeps working at his game he might well go onto bigger things. Murphy looked a shoe in at one point but ever since the Nancy first name on the teamsheet debacle he not quite been so involved or so confident. Big hopes for next year, but he does need to fill out a bit.

Overall: A lot more lows than highs and the average entertainment way down on what was largely consistent excellence last season. 5/10, 6 once europe is confirmed.

Game of the season: ICT 2 v 3 Motherwell - the turning point. The beginning of players coming back, realisation that certain players could do a job and the recognition that we could turn the corner in terms of performances / results

Goal of the season: Has to be Sutton's at greyskull :cheers: .

Player of the season: Paul Quinn - captain material again - hats of coach.

Best moment: Nancy from start to finish - I know that's more than a moment - but it was all great.

Worst Moment: The 2nd leg vs Nancy.

Suprise of the year: The away performance vs Killie a few weeks ago

Worst player of the year: I'm not counting big Bob as I've never really counted him as a 'well player really. I'll pass on worst player and say that I was gutted for Mark Reynolds that he didn't show the same form as the year before. Here's hoping he just had a 'Clarkson' and gets back in gear next season.

Young player of the year: Jim O'Brien - I knew he'd come good for us - always stuck up for him when you lot were having a canary :lol:

Overall: Disappointing 6/10 - because with the manager we have and the players if all available we're capable of much more. However needs to be balance by the realisation that it's Motherwell and it's always precarious - we could get malpas II in next week and it'll all turn to crap again - so not a disaster by any means. Lets hang on to what we have and build on it next year.

Cmon The Well!

Game of the season: Wasn't at Tannadice so 1-1 draw at home to Celtic.

Goal of the season: Sutton at Ibrox.

Player of the Year: Hughes.

Best Moment: everything bar the fitba in Nancy.

Worst Moment: first trip to the new Love Street.

Worst Player of the Year: Nobody has been diabolical tbh.

Surprise of the Year: Jamie Murphy not making more of an impact.

Young player of the Year: O'Brien, lack of competition.

Overall: In terms of where we have finished in the league it has been a decent season. In truth though, its been a far from enjoyable season with few highs on the park. Glad to get it out the way. I'm hoping the summer break reignites my interest. 5/10.

Game of the Season: for the unexpected result, it has to be Dundee Utd. Wasn't at the game but like above was probably the most engrossed I have been listening to any of our games this season.

Goal of the Season: We should probably have more to chose from but Suttons stands out a mile.

Player of the Year: No competition for this one but for me it's Clarky. He has been a rock for the club and has done Phil proud this season. His work rate and effort has been first class. Well Done on the goal count as well.

Worst Player: I could say Malcolm but the fact he managed to score with his nads' just inches him above .......... like hell it does. For the money he'll be on, it's been a pure waste. Should've been one of the players that stood out this season, especially in Europe with experience from the Old Firm and EPL but looked lost all the time, especially the return leg.

Young Player: Agree that Jim O'Brien has matured and done better since his debut and just wish that we'd seen more of Murphy this season. Reynolds hasn't had the best of seasons but most of his "glaring" errors have come when Crags wasn't beside him. He's still a young lad and needing guidance. On the basis that no-one else from the youngsters has made it through this season then Jim takes it.

Best Moment: Walking into Fir Park for the return leg with my oldest to watch the 'Well play European Football. Hopefully next season I'll have both of them with me.

Worst Moment: Hamilton winning at Fir Park in the League Cup. Memhet scoring St Mirrens winner in the Cup. Watching Bob Malcolm make two crazy decisions which led to the 2 goals Nancy scored at Fir Park. Sorry couldn't decide which one was worse.

Surprise of the Year: Was down to Mark McGhee not getting on that plane to meet Romanov. The stick he took from our support at times last season was laughable. This season he has taken some as well but a little of it may be deserved but if those team line ups\formations had worked he'd be a genius in our eyes now.

Overall: Failed to meet my expectations of the top 6 with a sloppy display against St Mirren. This game summed up our season, we cracked at the big games. Getting ourselves into that position from bottom of the table at Christmas though goes along way to show we still have the players there to do well next season. 6/10 (An extra point given for the Euro Nights)

Expectations for Next Season: Looking forward to seeing us play on a new pitch with new USH installed. European Football again (fingers crossed). Klimpl signed and no Big Bad Boab in sight.

Game of the season: Dundee United 0 - Motherwell 4. Superb performance that day, 3 goals in 10-15 mins then an early goal in the 2nd half. Brilliant.

Goal of the season: Suttons goal at greyskull was tremendous but 99 times out of 100 would have ended up in row Z. For me, Klimpl's goal against United was outstanding. Cracking half-volley with his right foot palmed away by Zaluska then about 20 secs later it comes back to him and he hammers it with his left-foot on the half volley right into the bottom corner.

Player of the season: For me, Graeme Smith. I think he has been a rock this season and earned us valuable points throughout the entire season. Back to the standards he set when he came in at first. The amount of one-on-one's he's saved has been fantastic. (If Lasley had continued his form up until December for the rest of the season, it would have been him).

Best moment: The save by Smith in Nancy and the atmosphere after the game when we were locked in.

Worst Moment: There's been a few. From being 4-0 down to Celtic at half-time, to subbing Lasley at Falkirk then McGhee saying he doesn't give a monkeys what the fans think, to not starting Murphy against Nancy in the home leg, to subbing Murphy at Douglas Park at Christmas, to playing 4-5-1 against St Mirren at home in the cup, to losing out in the St Mirren replay and in the last game prior to the split, but all were topped off by the home leg against Nancy. Biggest anti-climax ever.

Suprise of the year: Probably the impact Maros has had since being moved into the holding midfield role.

Worst player of the year: Malcolm doesn't count. Should never have been given a contract. For me, Mark Reynolds. I suppose he was due a bad season given how well he has played up until now, but what was worrying was how little responsibility he took when Craigan was out of the team around November/December. Also, what f*cks me off about him is that he is the nicest player in the league, wouldn't challenge a refs decision at all. Really needs to become more aggressive and stronger.

Young player of the year: Jim O'Brien - he's been pretty good since New Year. If he can work on his delivery, he'll be a main player for us next season.

Overall: Disappointing season after last. Still on the bright side, no relegation so it could have been worse. Not seen the same football as last season, however, it hasn't been helped by the state of our pitch. Amazed we got away with it again!! Here's hoping they actually get it sorted properly and don't cut corners.

Game of the Season: Definitely has to be Dundee Utd for this one. For a 4-0 win and me falling through the gate and onto the trackside! :cheers: All 4 goals were well worked and Maros got a goal aswell. Awesome day!

Goal of the Season: Sutton's. It has to be, everyone was going on about how Boyd's strike was a contender for goal of the season where as this goal was 100 times better than it. The technique in it, the turn, the volley and the fact Alexander couldn't get anywhere near it!

Player of the Year: If Clarkson doesn't get the majority of the votes in this then i dunno. If we lose him during the pre season we could be fucked. Great season again. Mon the Clarky!

Worst Player: Big Bad Boab without a doubt. Apart from a couple of freekick's and even though he's our top scoring midfielder he's been poor. Poor return considering he's possibly the highest earner at the club!

Young Player: Jim O'Brien for this one. We now actually have a winger at the club with flair and pace. He's got the ability to be a key player next term.

Best Moment: The whole European adventure this year was my first experience of Europe with Motherwell. Absolutely amazing couple of days and even though we lost 1-0, Motherwell fans weren't moaning for a change! The support was brilliant and the chants of One Phil O'Donnell were emotional for us all i bet. Also the save from Graeme Smith. I couldn't watch the penalty but then the whole Motherwell end went wild as if we had scored the winner in the tie!

Worst Moment: Has to be the St Mirren cup replay. We went in to this game thinking the cup could be there for the taking if we had won the tie. Sadly not. Big dissapointment.

Surprise of the Year: Fair Play League. Simple as. A bizarre way to get into Europe for the second successive season!

Overall: Wouldn't call the season a failure, it was always going to be hard living up to last season especially with McCormack away and then Porter going half way though the season. Apart from the two cup runs i'd say we done nae bad for a team of our stature. 7/10

Expectations for Next Season: Get the squad size right with a few signings. Obviously the pitch is going to be worked on so we can look forward to that. Would like to see Sheridan and Klimpl signed up on permanant deals aswell.

What I Want the Most Next Season : Scottish Cup Final. Never experienced it yet as i was only 6 months old when that great moment of 1991 occured. CIS Cup just isn't as good! :lol:

Game of the season: Motherwell 1 v 1 Celtic - The United result was a great one but unfortunately I wasn't there so I'll go for this game.

Goal of the season: John Suttons at Ibrox. What a goal.

Player of the season: I think Quinn has been really good this season, seems a lot more comfortable and has put in a few really good shifts. BUT I'll need to go for David Clarkson. The choice speaks for itself really.

Best moment: Unfortunately didn't make it to Nancy, but Quinn doing keepy uppies before the penalty was immense.

Worst Moment: Our pitch is rotten. That and any moment I've spent arguing with folk who get on Reynolds back before he's even been near the ball.

Suprise of the year: Klimpl making a start for us in general.

Worst player of the year: Bob Malcom. I feel embarrased for him.

Young player of the year: Jim O'Brien. The improvement in his game since the start of the season has been quality.

Overall: Another mixed season but I'm happy enough with the way it went. Roll on next season!

Game of the season: the one nil win at hibs in september. just because i always like winning in edinburgh as it's always a good day out.

Goal of the season: bob malcolm at ICT. great free kick and mental celebrations in the stand.

Player of the season: clarky by a mile, his general play has been superb this season. special mention for buzz who has been excellent as well.

Best moment: the penalty save in nancy

Worst Moment: seeing the starting line up in nancy and knowing exactly what was coming (being unable to keep the ball or have any attacking play)

Suprise of the year: how many times i've thought i can't believe fitzy isn't playing.

Worst player of the year: not going to say bob malcolm because he has only lived down to expectations. so for me it's john sutton, a total milestone round the neck of the team when he's on the park and the benefits of not having him playing have been apparent in the last two away games.

Young player of the year: no one. o'brien can't get it cause he was gash in 2008, jamie hasn't featured enough and reynolds has dropped off a bit. as i've said before there is a worryingly big gap in our production of young players from 22 year old reynolds to the 17/18 year olds we've seen over the last couple of weeks. jamie murphy is the only player to get any shot at the first team from all the players we've had born in '88, '89 and '90.

Overall: it's been a strange season for me. i went away travelling the day after porter got his hat trick against ICT and when i came back the first game was the defeat against hearts which ended the unbeaten run. overall i think we've underachieved for a few reasons but also that we'll always have nancy!

Game of the season: Odd choice maybe, especially as we lost it but the Accies League Cup tie was a great game, so many chances and incidents.

Goal of the season: Sutton's strike against Rangers was a beauty. Lets not forget Bob Malcolm hit a couple of brilliant free kick goals.

Player of the season: David Clarkson. His best season in terms of goals scored but his overall work rate is superb and he rarely gives less than 100%. So our best player, our most consistent player and our best goalscorer adds up to Player of the Season.

Best moment: The teams coming our on to Fir Park for our first Euro tie for a long time. Unfortunately it was only a moment!

Worst Moment: Hearts scoring in the 90th minute at Tynecastle. Arrrghhhh!

Suprise of the year: Qualifying for Europe (by the looks of it) through the back door.

Worst player of the year: No one. Under McGhee I think the players have generally given it 100% effort over the season. Some are players better than others, some performances were under par but you expect that over a season so there is no one I would point the finger at.

Young player of the year: Again no one. Jamie Murphy has talent but he's yet to convince me he can play at SPL level.

Overall: If anyone was expecting us to repeat last season then their expectations were far too high. Considering the size of our squad which must be one of, if not actually the smallest in the league, McGhee has done a decent job to get us back from our sticky period mid season.

Game of the season: 4-0 Dundee Utd away, wasnt really looking forward to the game as it was a Sunday and thought we would get shafted but the football we played at times was class! Could of been more than 4. also turned out to be a belter of a day out! B-)

Goal of the season: Sutton's strike at Rankgers was a screamer, quality technique. Alexander nae chance. Bobs Free kick at Inverness wasnt too shabby either :P

Player of the season: Davie Clarkson. He has improved so much over the past few seasons, Think this is his best goal scoring season for the club, chuffed for him. :notworthy:

Best moment: The whole Nancy trip. Never forget Buzz's 'Nalty save. Fans reaction was pure class, looked as if we had one the cup!

Worst Moment: Missing out on top 6 at home to St Mirren. fuck St Mirren.

Suprise of the year: Qualifying for europe (hopefully) via Fair Play League

Worst player of the year: nae one tbh, dont think anyone has been that terrible to be put down as 'Worst Player' but considering his wages and the fact hes a lazy bastard Boab cant be for of it.

Young player of the year: Jim O'Brien, finally got a winger at fir park who can beat a man and has a bit of pace & flair! Just needs to improve and his crossing and we're sorted ! :thumbup:

Overall: Think it has been a pretty decent season tbh, I personally was never expecting us to repeat our form from last year and losing key players like Ports & Rosco and not really replacing them we were always in for a tough one, missing out on top 6 was obviously a gutter but i dont think the season was a failure. Roll on season 09/10 :cheers:

Game of the season: Probably have to be the St Midden 3-1 win at St Midden park, because we played some very descent football and scored three goals away to a team who, two weeks earlier, beat us 2-0 at Fir Park. So I thought that was the best game. Also because of the events that took place before the match, eh, DDMan!!!!! :O

Goal of the season: By far John Suttons goal against the THEM at Ibrox, ever so similar to James McFadden's wonder strike against France.

Player of the season: Er,... I'm stuck between David Clarkson and Graeme Smith because Clarky tries his hardest to catch the most wayward and improbable of catching passes and still gets there, But on the other hand, Although there is talk about Buzz leaving during the summer he still tries day and night to get the best for the club, in the current circumstance that we are in. I.E Bottom six

Best moment: Probably sitting in the East Stand watching the Inverness Game and suddenly hearing "One Phil O'Donnell" sang just before Porters Third goal for the club.

Worst Moment:Watching in vain as Andy Dorman's shot rippled the back of the net back in April.

Surprise of the year: Sitting in Seventh but STILL in contention for a Europa League Place.

Worst player of the year: Brian McLean, But only when he plays in Right Back. Other than that specific game situation, there's no-one on my list that is worthy of being the worst player.

Young player of the year: Probably Jim O'Brien because he can beat the defender and get in the crosses, even on that pitch at Fir Park. ( Come on the new grass.... oooo... We love the grass)

Overall: Overall, I think the season has been really good to watch as a fan because it left us all wondering who's going to finish where in the league and built up a lot of anticipation towards the end of the Pre-split part of the season. 8/10

Game of the season: I think the best game for entertainment we were involved in was beating United 2-1 at Fir Park in March. After that probably the league cup loss to the Accies was a thriller even though it went against us.

Goal of the season: I always prefer a team goal or a bit of creativity to a hit unless its a special volley or something, so would probably pluck for O'Brien's v Aberdeen or Sutton's v Hamilton (just for Sheridan's turn)

Player of the season: Clarkson

Best moment: We played poorly v Celtic at Fir Park in Feb and created little so Quinn scoring and getting a point that was unlikely beforehand and scarcely deserved

Worst Moment: Billy Mehmet scoring in the cup at Paisley when we had no time to do anything about it.

Surprise of the year: Beating United 4-0

Worst player of the year: Reynolds

Young player of the year: O'Brien

Overall: 6/10 - anticlimatic but still some good away days, perhaps Europe at the end of it and there is still clear daylight between us and relegation which for Motherwell is always good.

Game of the season: Accies in the League Cup. Good old fashioned in about them cup tie. By far the most enjoyable game of this season.

Goal of the season: Porter's against Dundee United at Tannadice. Not as spectacular as Sutton at Ibrox but for me watching it, I thought "that's how a striker should finish". Composed. Businesslike. Thanks Chris.

Player of the season: David Clarkson. Hard to think of anyone else who comes close.

Best moment: Seeing Clarkson wearing the number 10 first day of the season was hard to top no matter what followed.

Worst Moment: Not a moment as such, but the last two games against St Mirren at Fir Park were real lows. The way we dismantled them a few weeks later just threw into sharp focus the fact that we should ha ve been in the top six and hosting Celtic in the cup.

Surprise of the year: The dropping of Fitzpatrick when all our best results of the season came with him in the team.

Worst player of the year: Worst Value For Money? Bob Malcolm. He must have been poor not to get in that team on occasions. In terms of those who have played regularly, Reynolds has made more costly errors than the rest of the back four put together.

Young player of the year: Again no one. I fully expected this to be Darren Smith's season after his goal against Aberdeen last season. He has scored some important goals but doesn't seem to have made the step forward.

Overall: I wasn't expecting a top three finish this season, but too often the application of the team and the team selections have left me frustrated. Very few memorable moments. Given my choice of best moment of the season (and the fact that most people have chosen the atmosphere in the Nancy games as their highlight), for me it sums up that there were very few highlights on the field...

Nobody has mentioned the 0-0 draw with the vile H*n as best game of the season

In terms of performance it was miles better than the Celtic draw&one of the few games this season in my opinion that matched the standard we set last season

This thread is a participation sport, no' a spectator event so batter in Alex me old son :P

You've one less paragraph to fill in than everybody else noo that you've given us your game of the season. :lol:

Game of the season: The 1-1 draw with Celtic in February in the "Glasgow Celtic Paedophiles" game for atmosphere, but for me it has to be the 3-1 win at St.Mirren the other week there. It was brilliant to see us just playing some really good stuff and giving our bogey side a right good hiding on their own patch and all when we had nothing to play for

Goal of the season: Porter at Tannadice, a brilliantly taken goal.

Player of the season: Have to go with David Clarkson again. His effort is 2nd to none every single week and he has continued his vast improvement under McGhee to have yet another fine season.

Best moment: Seeing us playing European football.

Worst Moment: Getting knocked out of the Scottish Cup at the 5th Round again, after playing only one up front in the home game against St.Mirren.

Surprise of the year: Beating United 4-0 up at Tannadice. Not many teams have won there this season, including both Old Firm sides so for us to go there and not just beat them, but absolutely maul them 4-0 was quite something.

Young player of the year: Hard to pick one really.

Overall: Not quite the rollercoaster ride or height hitting of last season, but that was always going to be difficult. It was disappointing that some of our play at times was a shadow of last year but we have shown from time to time that we are capable of playing some good football and are probably a match for anyone else in the league on our day. The biggest let down for me was the Scottish Cup exit against St.Mirren, as our line up in the first game when we played 4-5-1(despite what McGhee said) simply defied belief, and the replay was just a poor, poor game that was always going to be decided by one goal and they ended up getting it. Not the best season, but far from the worst either.