Well Done Fir Park Stewards

Jay

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a real shame, as I thought the best thing about the whole game was the away support. They must have been on the bevvy early hours to be able to get that up for an end of season friendly. Not to mention I was actually shocked with the amount of fans Kilmarnock managed to bring. I expected them to be stuck in the POD stand.

Kilmarnock can be very proud of their fans today. Well played to them.

As for the Stewards, lets be honest the less said about them the fucking better!

Was really disappointed in the attitude towards the away fans. They did nothing wrong, merely attempted to create an atmosphere and have a good time at a game which meant nothing. None of the inflatables were intended to harm, or go anywhere near the pitch, so where was the problem? Created an incident when there wasn't one to begin with.

the killie fan was arrested and flung intae the wagon after the game

the thing is

why didnt the police help the steward get the guy off the pitch? they waited till the steward got him to the side then sauntered on? WTF?

I bumped in to that guy after the game about 4-30 he was just out of the police station gave him directions to the train station.

Poor poor show from the stewards yet again. But this is what we've come to expect. I wrote to complain about a steward and the complaint was passed on to the general manager, which is the biggest admission of guilt you could hope for.

It would be fair enough if when the scum came to town that they were dealt the same stern hand. But then it's "turn a blind eye" time for the full game where all apparent rules such as hanging flags over the top tier of the South Stand become null and void.

Some of the Ayrshire hooligans in paramilitary tutus and their lethal inflatable shark:-

_45813818_kilmarnock-fans_766.jpg

:rolleyes:

That was confiscated? Do MFC not grasp the fact that if visiting fans are treated poorly they might decide not to come back to Fir Park. If Old Firm fans can do what they like then why aren't MFC addressing this and letting fans know why it's one rule for one set of fans and another for another.

Disgusting behaviour from the stewards, but please bear in mind that the match commander will instruct them to act in that way, so in fairness it'll be the fault of some power-crazed arsehole cop.

The fun is slowly being stripped out of following your team at the same rate as ticket prices increase, a poor show all round.

Disgusting behaviour from the stewards, but please bear in mind that the match commander will instruct them to act in that way, so in fairness it'll be the fault of some power-crazed arsehole cop.

The fun is slowly being stripped out of following your team at the same rate as ticket prices increase, a poor show all round.

Yir, sorry mate yer talking pish, Police don't have any control over the stewards at all. They only liaise with the head steward, the CLUB pay the stewards wages and are directed solely by the club. The police will not control or instruct anyone who is not a police officer. The stewards have their own command and control system and their own communications which the police do not monitor or use.

Yir, sorry mate yer talking pish, Police don't have any control over the stewards at all. They only liaise with the head steward, the CLUB pay the stewards wages and are directed solely by the club. The police will not control or instruct anyone who is not a police officer. The stewards have their own command and control system and their own communications which the police do not monitor or use.

Aye but the stewards still act as if they are the police . There sucking the fun out of following Motherwell, you never see us getting treated like that away from home. I remember a game earlier in the season when they told the fans to sit down after we had scored! Tell me whats right about that?

as far as I'm aware, the stewards and club act based on the recommendations (instructions?) of the match commander. According to the club this is why there are descrepencies in the way the stewards act sometimes. The common factor seems to be different Match Commanders.

If the club and the stewards are not seen to be complying with police recommendations, then surely that will hamper our chances of getting a safety certificate for the stands?

I remember a few years ago at Easter Road we were told to stop singing by the stewards in the then rickety auld Main Stand. I was almost thrown out because i dared to ojbect to this! Some folk really need to go on a course to learn the difference beteween threatening behaviour and simply having a good time.

Begs the quesiton with this Europa Fair Play place, can you have points deducted for taking an atmopshere away or denying it from beginning in the first place?!?!

As long as they manage to weed out all the wee menaces taking cameras into matches, then the world will be a safer place. I can't wait until Dunfermline come back up, and I can watch football safely from my seat without the risk of an epileptic fit induced from a short mans flash lens.

Frazzle