Well Done Fir Park Stewards

Jay

Just wanted to say a big well done to the stewards today.

During the first half I was disgusted to see the Kilmarnock fans throwing about an inflatable crocodile. It was truly shocking, at one point I even thought the Killie fans were on the verge of enjoying themselves.

So obviously I was thrilled to see the stewards taking action so quickly, and removing said evil inflatable nonsense from those horrible Kilmarnock fans.

Just thought I'd praise the stewards for a job well done, there is no room for enjoyment inside Fir Park and we should remember how lucky we are to have such good people stewarding our ground on matchdays.

c***s.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah absolute disgrace. Pay 22 quid to sit on yer arse and stay quiet the full game?

Also, after the game went round to the main stand after the game to try and grab a wee photo with Maros. Stewards and Police were shoving the kids around to let some players by, actually giving them a good push! Fucking joke of a club when it comes to the likes of stewarding and security!

Just wanted to say a big well done to the stewards today.

During the first half I was disgusted to see the Kilmarnock fans throwing about an inflatable crocodile. It was truly shocking, at one point I even thought the Killie fans were on the verge of enjoying themselves.

So obviously I was thrilled to see the stewards taking action so quickly, and removing said evil inflatable nonsense from those horrible Kilmarnock fans.

Just thought I'd praise the stewards for a job well done, there is no room for enjoyment inside Fir Park and we should remember how lucky we are to have such good people stewarding our ground on matchdays.

c***s.

Also confiscated a beach ball before someone was seriously injured. They really do bring all their problems on themselves. :whistling:

And people wonder why scottish football is going down the toilet. Killie fans were up for a laugh today. Good on them that is what we need i our game. Motherwell should take a good look at who stewards the game. The enjoyment of going to watch football is being ripped from us by these little Hitlers. Next thing for Leanne Dempster to deal with. An absolute embarrasment to our club. Killie players trying to get to their own fans to give them their jerseys. And what happens the steward stop them. Shocking, a disgrace. I really don't see how they have the right to do what they do.

I was talking to a Killie fan at the train station, apparently he had a minature inflatable parrot confiscated. Was on the train with tons of them, aye some of them had had a wee drink but that's what away days are about. They just wanted a laugh not to cause any trouble.

The stewards, like the polis will ALWAYS take the easy option to cover their backs at football matches. Remember the Hibs game back in November when they took a tri-colour off a wee boy in the Hibs end? Yet they stood and watched when Celtic fans displayed hundreds when they were here a few months later. And even when they did have to take action against Celtic fans, it took about twenty policemen to run up to the back of the Cooper stand to eject ONE person! Talk about going for "safety in numbers".

An absolute joke.

These absolute desperate and lonely lowlifes (the heid yins I mean- I know most are just decent average Joes earning a half shift) are sucking the pure and utter soul within football fans that make us STILL show up, parting with Twenty Quid in the process.

That won't last much longer I'm telling you.

Miss Dempster- Sort it out.

I completrly missed about the last 5-10 mins of the game and Killies 2nd goal because of the complete overkill of stewards and polis, tried to take some pics when the players came out for thier lap but al I could see was some tatooed fuck wit in a Hi Viz jacket with half of his dinner spilt down the front, every bit of space was taken up by either a copper or a stewrad standing in front of the East Stand, did they really think we were going to jeapordise our chance at getting in to Europe.

As it happens one wee Killie guy ran on to the park and was huckled for it.

Can only echo what others have said sort it out Ms Dempster

Aye the club might not control the police but the police are there for assistance to the stewards as i have been told in the past and they will only interfear on the request of the stewards most of the time it seems that way anyway.

As we've established on these boards may times the club does not control the Police. Its the other way around.

As quinn91 has already said its the stewards that have the initial responsibility and the Police will act when called upon or when they see a criminal offence. Although there is every chance the crocodile was swearing or drunk in public and then it serves him right for being chucked out <_<

the attitude of the stewards and police today was a complete joke. the killie fans came up in good spirits and wanting to have a good time, our stewards and the police officers at the game tried their hardest to make sure sure that couldn't happen. was there any chance of fans fighting or causing bother today? No. has there ever been trouble at a 'well - killie game at fir park in the last 15 years? No. has there ever been a serious incident caused in the history of football by an inflatable crocodile? No. we were terible hosts today and i feel embarassed.

MFC as always will point to guidelines and safety certificates but we had congos and inflatables at easter road last may and hibs didn't suffer any reprocussions. either, MFC, the company who run the stewards or the police commander has to get a grip and treat fans correctly. watching games at fir park isn't a dangerous activity and the behaviour of the police and stewards that we have seen in the last couple of years is just a pathetic attempt to exert control over people who are at the will of their influence.

I don't think he was lifted, saw him bolt back in after the rest of the Killie fans left, he picked up a jacket and wandered round the back of the stand.

The Killie guys with the inflateables, a vast majority were on my train this morning and seemed to just be out for a laugh, walking through the town getting laughs from everyone up the street, total overreaction.

Can only echo the above above the stewarding in the South Stand. Truly embarassing stuff watching on from the East Stand.

How many visiting away fans have they cost us next time Kilmarnock are in town with the handling of the Killie support?

See the worst of it though, is that it all stemmed from their own actions. From a situation where you had a group of 50 folk having a carry on they managed to sufficiently wind up enough people that you had the entire Killie support on their feet and folk in the East too.

As for the "Wall of Steel" at full-time, Dear God! Sure I spotted Waynetta Slob in front of the East Stand and some looked like folk who had been making their way for an afternoon game of dominos in a retirement home who had been bundled into a van, dragged to Fir Park and made to wear a yellow bib.

Not a good reflection on the club whatsoever.

the killie fan was arrested and flung intae the wagon after the game

the thing is

why didnt the police help the steward get the guy off the pitch? they waited till the steward got him to the side then sauntered on? WTF?

As for the "Wall of Steel" at full-time, Dear God! Sure I spotted Waynetta Slob in front of the East Stand and some looked like folk who had been making their way for an afternoon game of dominos in a retirement home who had been bundled into a van, dragged to Fir Park and made to wear a yellow bib.

Not a good reflection on the club whatsoever.

Still convinced that one of the 'older' stewards sitting down at the front of the east stand (south side) had died round about the 20 minute mark.

Fair play to the Killie boys, made a good wee noise and were up for the party....still nothing like our showing last year at Easter Road....Conga Conga Conggga