Home Tie Venue

dosser

Europa Cup Tie - Your Preference?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer the 1st round game was played?

• Hamilton
    • Airdrie
    • Livingston
    • Firhill
    • A.N Other

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livingston is a great wee stadium - remember the cup game (Quarter final??) We had more fans than them.

If I remember correctly there were only a few gates open despite the huge 'Well turn out and many missed the first goal!

It's a much better stadium compared to the others being mentioned and I were in charge I'd be pushing for Livi.

Lets hope for a good draw and we might even progress enough to play a game at Fir Park :P

Viva Motherwell

Accies or Livi for me. I think the Shyberry Excelsior is a dump. Livi would be my choice, but the crowd would be down a few hundred or more than at Accies. But it depends on the rental that either club would look for as to which option is more economically viable.

What would the crowd be for a tie against a team from Kazakstan?

The closer the better, as we want a decent crowd at all the Europa League ties we play.

Also the club have to consider making it as cheap as possible, considering there are extra travel expenses for a 'home' game not on the season ticket, added to the cost of the fourth new kit in as many years.

A fiver a skull would be fair.

The closer the better, as we want a decent crowd at all the Europa League ties we play.

Also the club have to consider making it as cheap as possible, considering there are extra travel expenses for a 'home' game not on the season ticket, added to the cost of the fourth new kit in as many years.

A fiver a skull would be fair.

Understand your point but this gives us the opportunity to make few extra pounds that might help the Manager strengthen before the SPL season begins. Sadly Motherwell are a business and we have to maximise our income. We will not have budgeted for a Euro campaign. If we have another Mypa we may be out after 1 round. I hope not given the likely opponents. If we were to get through a round or two I could see the point in reducing the price to make it more affordable.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying £20 or £25 a head, but any lower than a £15 or a tenner for an adult makes it pointless playing the game.

Of course the flip side is you make it cheaper to start against less attractive opposition and increase as we (hopefully) progress: £10 for Rd 1 - £15 for Rd 2 and £20 for Rd 3? That of course again assumes we get through a couple of rounds.

Tough one for the club this. Going to be hard to please anyone, let alone everyone... Would be interesting to see what the various clubs would charge us, which is inevitably what the final decision will be based on.

An unless it's Glanford Park for both legs, I'm pretty much fucked :P

I think a poll is irrelevant. We will end up at a ground based on who is willing to accommodate us, cost and who has a UEFA certificate.

Ofcourse we'll end up at a place of the club's choosing.

But trying to pick a team for a game every Saturday is irrelevant, we have no say in that either, but it doesn't stop folk with an interest offering their preference and opinion.

No different here really.

Ofcourse we'll end up at a place of the club's choosing.

But trying to pick a team for a game every Saturday is irrelevant, we have no say in that either, but it doesn't stop folk with an interest offering their preference and opinion.

No different here really.

Aye, sorry. I was really responding to Neil's comment:

Maybe some sort of indication will help the decision makers see where the fans would want?
I don't think the fans input will have much influence on a decision like this, but no harm in throwing it out there.