Home Tie Venue

dosser

Europa Cup Tie - Your Preference?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you prefer the 1st round game was played?

• Hamilton
    • Airdrie
    • Livingston
    • Firhill
    • A.N Other

Yir Elder's right. Why the f*ck take the match outwith Lanarkshire??? I been behind the scenes at Airdrie's stadium and believe me its a cracking stadium and meets UEFA standards in all respects - that's one of the reasons the old Airdrie went bust. Holding it there and setting sensible prices would ensure a better chance of attracting any neutrals who might want to go along.

But no lets take it to Livingston and increase supporters' costs with unnecessary travel costs. :P

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luvviesville would be the safest choice for the fans attending the game. Airdire would be a nightmare, Accies wouldn't be much safer I think.

Luvviesville would be the safest choice for the fans attending the game. Airdire would be a nightmare, Accies wouldn't be much safer I think.

Following on from some of the carry on that ensued after Sunday's games, this is possibly the saddest indictment of our society that I have read in some time. One team cannot play a game representing their nation in an international competition in another town in the same county because it wouldn't be "safe". Are we all getting as bad as the worst elements of the Old Firm support...?

Tough one for the club this. Going to be hard to please anyone, let alone everyone... Would be interesting to see what the various clubs would charge us, which is inevitably what the final decision will be based on.

An unless it's Glanford Park for both legs, I'm pretty much fucked :P

I'd take that unless Sincil Bank was deemed a better venue! :P

Following on from some of the carry on that ensued after Sunday's games, this is possibly the saddest indictment of our society that I have read in some time. One team cannot play a game representing their nation in an international competition in another town in the same county because it wouldn't be "safe". Are we all getting as bad as the worst elements of the Old Firm support...?

Having experienced trouble at Airdire and also Hamilton in the past, I think it might be possible that certain elements would be out to make it a nightmare scenario for Motherwell and their fans. Which is why I think Livingston would be the best option. It is sad that the though arises, but it's one which cannot be ignored. It's a definite possibility, especially if it's the Shyberry/Broomfield/Whateveritscalled......

If it is at Airdrie, the bother will be out of control on a Thursday, much like the Friday night game many moons ago which was naughty as fcuk :lol: For fans safety as much as anything else, it has to be Livingston, however no where is free from potential bother as Hibees might fancy a wee train trip

The extra cost of travelling to Livingston would really not be that much. Stick four people in a car and stick a tenners worth of petrol in it and drive along the motorway at 60 mph and you will still have petrol left when you get back. £2.50 a head for petrol. Livi is my local team but I support the mighty well. It would be great to see my team run out in my home town on Europa League duty. Being selfish I suppose. It is only 30 mins away by car.

I am confused by a lot of posters describing Livi's ground as a carcking stadium. When we discuss moving from FP we get the usual comments that we do not want a meccano stadium like Livi's!!! I personnally think it is a shite hole and has absolutely no atmosphere. New Scumfeld had a great atmosphere on the day we beat them in the Scottish Cup.

New "Scumfield" is a cheaper version of Almondvale. You do know that? The only reason it had a half decent atmosphere was because we sold oot our end.

A Stadium is what the fans make of it. If it looks like a Meccano set and there is no atmosphere then the fans have failed at doing what they should be doing. Saying that though, Fir Park is unique but has no atmosphere... so it doesn't matter where a game of football is hosted for us it seems.

I think we should use either Killie or St Mirrens grounds. absolutley nothing to do with the fact that they are near by me... :lol:

Well in that case I'll go for Ayr Utd's Somerset Park. Back to the old terracing and the fence dividing opposing fans.....magic!

New Scumfeld had a great atmosphere on the day we beat them in the Scottish Cup.

Personally I thought the atmosphere that day was rotten, maybe I'm comparing it to old Broomfield too much but for a big derby game it was way too quiet. Maybe the fans were too far away from each other right enough but I felt there was no sense of the big occasion and was really disappointed that we didn't seem to treat it as anything special.

I think most clubs will be doing some work on their playing surfaces / stadiums over the summer - I guess it all depends on which ground won't have work going on around the required date.

I'm no that fussed where it is really - although I've been in Almondvale a good few times where we've taken a great support and created a bit of an atmosphere.

Personally I thought the atmosphere that day was rotten, maybe I'm comparing it to old Broomfield too much but for a big derby game it was way too quiet. Maybe the fans were too far away from each other right enough but I felt there was no sense of the big occasion and was really disappointed that we didn't seem to treat it as anything special.

It might have helped if a home support had turned up but yeah, it was all pretty subdued.

I can't see past using Hamilton as the venue as it is by far the easiest to get to - only two stops on the train ground to ground. Let's face it, you could even walk there at a push.

I know there's a possibility it might be too small but I would be very surprised if we have more than 6500 if we take it to Airdrie or Livingston. Would it not be better to have folk miss out because they can't get a ticket than lots more missing out because they can't make it to a less accessible ground?