Aberdeen Say Managers Job Is Mark Mcghee's If He Wants It

Well Well

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Mark should stay as manager despite a few erratic selections and tactical naivety at times I still think he is the man to take us further forward. We need this shit put to bed quickly. Hope Mr Boyle is on the 10 O'Clock News putting things straight

Or they can't afford it and want McGhee to resign first.

I'm pretty sure if this scenario unfolds then we would still be entitled to a pay out from Aberdeen, as it would be clear that McGhee only quit us to take up their post.

Regardless at some point he will be off hes spouted on about "loyalty" when he only stopped jumping ship because of cold feet"

Never been a fan and his past speaks volumes of his loyalty so be gone or get on with it, this same shit hindered our singing of new players last season IMHO so get it put to bed quickly.

Personally id rather have halve the quality of manager as long as he eats sleeps and shits MFC. We ain't going to be world beaters but i do want passion rather than being a stepping stone.

Regardless its still mainly the same players who would run through a brick wall for the club so i hold no fear as i know what they are capable of.

Yep, I agree, no stepping stone managers please Mr Boyle, although all this Motherwell/Celtic/Rangers minded' Manager/Player/prostitute does ma heid. Let managerial ability be the first thing on the job prerequisite, Motherwll minded is very very low.

Was it actually said directly by someone from within Aberdeen, or was it the reporter giving it "my understanding is......" ?

If a club representative, then they must have spoken to Motherwell first. It's unthinkable they would say something like that out of the blue.

i hope he stays, but stay or go i hope it gets sorted out ASAP.

I'm of this opinion too. The way things are going just now it doesn't look like he'll be our manager next season. If that's the case, fair enough, thanks for the 3rd place finish last season, Mark, but let's move on.

Still, I'm hoping he stays as I reckon he's one of the best managers we've had in my 25 years of following the 'Well.

Yep, I agree, no stepping stone managers please Mr Boyle, although all this Motherwell/Celtic/Rangers minded' Manager/Player/prostitute does ma heid. Let managerial ability be the first thing on the job prerequisite, Motherwell minded is very very low.
^_^^_^:notworthy: Aye fook being a stepping stone anymore were in Europe 2 seasons in a row (fook how we got there we are) So lets find a manager that wants that challenge rather than adding us to his CV.

I saw McGhee quoted as having an "agreement" with Boyle about these things. I would guess part of his improved deal included being able to talk to certain teams about job openings should the opportunity arise.

The hypocrisy of some our 'support' beggars belief!

We slaughter Celtic fans for turning their noses up at Strachan's results whilst manager - simply because they don't like him, because he's not a 'Celtic man'.

Yet people on here are saying they don't care if McGhee goes because he doesn't see Motherwell FC as anything more than a stepping stone? Or that, yes it's great we got third last year, but he's always in the media talking about himself so he should go? Who in their right mind, seriously, is going to "live and breathe" Motherwell FC as a manager? If they do, I'd want them sacked for a complete lack of ambition!

Why the hell would he show 'loyalty' to a club who

a) he had no affinity to while growing up, or

b) have a significant number of the support who make it blatantly clear that they don't like him?

He must stand on the touchline and scratch his head at some of the criticism he gets after guiding Motherwell, a club who can barely get enough supporters to fill a stand and were on the brink of extinction not that long ago, to third in the league last year.

Honestly, he could spend Monday to Friday in a Celtic top singing IRA songs and spend his Sundays visiting Maddie McCann in his basement, as long as he had my team challenging for top six every season.

But that's just my opinion.

At the end of the day I guess a Manager is just like a player, they will all move on eventually. I think things like this could be handled better, there are procedures to go through and unless Abersheepymehs have went through the right channels they should b epunished for tapping. If MM goes, we must get the maximum compo to ensure we can afford to get the right man in place. And, with the season ended, there will be plenty of candidates.

The hypocrisy of some our 'support' beggars belief!

We slaughter Celtic fans for turning their noses up at Strachan's results whilst manager - simply because they don't like him, because he's not a 'Celtic man'.

Yet people on here are saying they don't care if McGhee goes because he doesn't see Motherwell FC as anything more than a stepping stone? Or that, yes it's great we got third last year, but he's always in the media talking about himself so he should go? Who in their right mind, seriously, is going to "live and breathe" Motherwell FC as a manager? If they do, I'd want them sacked for a complete lack of ambition!

Why the hell would he show 'loyalty' to a club who

a) he had no affinity to while growing up, or

b) have a significant number of the support who make it blatantly clear that they don't like him?

He must stand on the touchline and scratch his head at some of the criticism he gets after guiding Motherwell, a club who can barely get enough supporters to fill a stand and were on the brink of extinction not that long ago, to third in the league last year.

Honestly, he could spend Monday to Friday in a Celtic top singing IRA songs and spend his Sundays visiting Maddie McCann in his basement, as long as he had my team challenging for top six every season.

But that's just my opinion.

I think that's a poor post in a number of ways, however it's just given me the chance to counter one of the biggest bug bears I have about the common comments about anybody who moves to a bigger club because of 'ambition'

Wanting to stay and win things with Motherwell is far more ambitious than going to Aberdeen or Celtic to win things. It's blatantly obvious that its harder to win things on a limited budget than it is with the sectarian dollar rammed into yer hip pocket.

Saying that you're a glory hunter and want to move somewhere where you're more likely to win things is good fortune - not ambition.

I don't think anyone on here has actually said they want McGhee to go because he doesn't "live and breathe" Motherwell FC.

All folk have said is that if he goes, which IMO is very likely, then they won't lose too much sleep over it (myself included).

That is absolutely nothing like the Celtic fans and Gordon Strachan.

I'm 99% sure he's off to Aberdeen. If he's going he needs to go now. We don't have time for another summer of him waiting until check-in for the Megabus to Aberdeen before deciding not to.

I've reckoned for the past season that MMG was holding for the day that Smellic came looking for him, but now that the reality is starting to unfold, I actually feel that he's more likely to head up to Sheepyville.

I hope I'm well off target, and MMG has plans to stay exactly where he is, to lead us again through next season and beyond, but if he decides to go, it has to be quickly, as we need to hit the ground running in 4 or 5 weeks time, with a new new gaffer in place and his ideas planted.

Interesting few days ahead :P

MON RA DOSSERS