Setanta Up Jobby Creek

Juan Kerse

Those with Setanta might want to hold off on cancelling it for another month given that they did have the rights to the Europa league games apparently. If they can scrape together enough cash to keep those rights for the moment then, they might get Motherwell fans' money for at least July...

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt that Setanta will survive for too long. With the PL now gone and the ESPN/Sky agreement, these games are gone for good. I was thinking that maybe ESPN would show the games via Setanta, but now even if they would, it wouldnt make sense anymore as Sky is and will be Nr.1 for a long time. People will not sign up anymore for Setanta.

As for the Europa League rights: Are the Qualification Games not sold by the clubs?

Official now. Setanta are in administration because as of 2.30pm today Deloitte were appointed Administrators.

Magic post - informative succinct and to the point. Spelling top drawer as well (although a wee mic-capitalisation incident). Excellent use of internet forum ettiquette into the bargain.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say - we're truly blessed to have you around

Magic post - informative succinct and to the point. Spelling top drawer as well (although a wee mic-capitalisation incident). Excellent use of internet forum ettiquette into the bargain.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say - we're truly blessed to have you around (*.*)

You missed a full stop there mate. ;)

Setanta will be switched off tonight. I just went to my bank and cancelled the direct debit. They can't touch you - especially not after they turn their station off!

Amazingly, if you DON'T cancel payments they will keep taking them untill APRIL as they are still going to 'trade' even after the switch off. Cheeky attempt to shrink some debt off the back of dozy punters.

Just get those payments cancelled, don't phone, don't e-mail just get them to fuck!

Amazingly, if you DON'T cancel payments they will keep taking them untill APRIL as they are still going to 'trade' even after the switch off. Cheeky attempt to shrink some debt off the back of dozy punters.

Just get those payments cancelled, don't phone, don't e-mail just get them to fuck!

According to the Beeb and DigitalSpy they will not collect any subscription payments from any UK Customers. It is only Setanta Sport Ltd and Setanta Transmissions (UK) Ltd that have gone into administration. Setanta Ireland and other Setanta Companies (USA I guess) will continue to trade as normal.

Just in case someone likes ESPNA:

http://www.espnamerica.com/portal/systemcontent/howtoget::UK

Now part of the Sky News Paket :D

No more extra fees :D

I am not sure what is going on in Canada as apparently Setanta International is not affected, not sure why. I am still watching it and the statement on the NA Setanta site says its business as usual.

I assume they got enough subscribers over here to fit the business model and keep going, but who will provide the content ? I guess they are in waiting mode for ESPN ( TSN in Canada ) to buy the rights ??