Looks Definite Now He's Off !

WELLDAFT

If that is the case then he obviously lacks ambition. Whilst I admit that the Motherwell job is considered not as attractive as the Aberdeen job - I sure as hell know that the Motherwell Managers job is more attractive than being Assistant Manager at Aberdeen. That and it is probably (albeit marginally) better paid.

I can only assume he has little faith in his ability as a Manager.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were out with your other half one night, and she said to you...

"Can you wait here, im goin over to see if I can get a ride off that guy over there, cos he's really hot and much more the kinda guy I wanna be with."

Then came back over and said...

"Nah he doesn't want me, i'll just stay with you instead"

She'd get told to fuck right off. Thats no different to whats happening here so one way or another, cheerio Mark.

But the burd we are talkin about isn't particularly happy with the other guy over there either, she wants to ride another guy but is taking the other guy over there because it is all she can get!!! Hope that made sense :)

If you were out with your other half one night, and she said to you...

"Can you wait here, im goin over to see if I can get a ride off that guy over there, cos he's really hot and much more the kinda guy I wanna be with."

Then came back over and said...

"Nah he doesn't want me, i'll just stay with you instead"

She'd get told to fuck right off. Thats no different to whats happening here so one way or another, cheerio Mark.

I know what you sayin but the problem arises when she looks like Kelly Brook, sucks yer knob four times a day and invites her best friend round for 3somes - ye kind of know she will eventually leave but you keep her on board for as long as ye can!!!!

I agree though that MMG needs to go now so we can crack on as players and new signings need to be ready within the next few weeks and it looks like last season when we missed the boat for the same reasons. I do have some hope that something is happening behind the scenes and that JB has a plan but if that plan involves giving MMG even more money and we have this scenario again in 12 months then they can all fuck off now!!

If that is the case then he obviously lacks ambition. Whilst I admit that the Motherwell job is considered not as attractive as the Aberdeen job - I sure as hell know that the Motherwell Managers job is more attractive than being Assistant Manager at Aberdeen. That and it is probably (albeit marginally) better paid.

I can only assume he has little faith in his ability as a Manager.

I'd say he didn't feel experienced enough at the moment.

When he was appointed interim manager after Malpas left his brother told me "he'd love to manage us but doesn't have the experience" - can't see that having changed that much.

That said, not convinced that the story is 100% accurate :)

I think its best that Scott doesn't get the Motherwell job at the moment. He wasn't a shining success at Ross County on a tight budget so i couldn't see him doing any different here - he requires more time to learn.

Also, with only 6.5% of folk on here choosing him as manager, it appears nobody should be that bothered. Lets take the cash and move on.

Motherwell need either a manager who can manage on a tight budget or a large cash injection (which ain't going to happen unless one of us wins the euro tomorrow night :) ), so best of luck to JB in his search for a new manager.

STV news reporting that failure to agree compensation has yet again delayed the announcement.

Go JB!

A compensation wrangle is delaying Aberdeen's hopes of naming Motherwell boss Mark McGhee as their new manager.

The two clubs are believed to be some way apart in terms of reaching a figure and discussions are ongoing.

If a settlement can be reached soon, McGhee, who is already in the North East, could be paraded later today.

STV news reporting that failure to agree compensation has yet again delayed the announcement.

Go JB!

Part of me agrees with you, Steve, to say "Gaun yerself..." to John Boyle. But another part of me just wants this over and done with so we can move on. More time spent arguing with Willie Miller, less time available to spend looking at CVs...

Part of me agrees with you, Steve, to say "Gaun yerself..." to John Boyle. But another part of me just wants this over and done with so we can move on. More time spent arguing with Willie Miller, less time available to spend looking at CVs...

I'd like to think we're well down the road in the boss search Melvin and that when the compo is agreed we'll move quickly. We cant let Ai-boar-deen haud us to ransom mate.

Although more time spent argueing with Miller means more money available to look at better CVs.......

and Millers an arse so its time well spent just to annoy him!

I'd like to think we're well down the road in the boss search Melvin and that when the compo is agreed we'll move quickly. We cant let Ai-boar-deen haud us to ransom mate.

I'd like to think you're right and JB's talk of convincing Shovelface to stay was just a negotiating tool. Let's just hope so, eh...?

What if they do not agree a fee and McGhee resigns.....what happens then are we screwed?

I don't think so mate. I think his contract will be two way. i'd imagine there's some sort of tie in there for McGhee especially after the improved contract / salary at the end of last year.

The precedent was set when Crystal Palace effectively kept Steve Bruce out of his new job for a month when he resigned his post due to non agreement of compo with his new club.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/1704971.stm

Last I heard (on Clyde I think) we are holding out or 250K for the pair and Willie (the ref Miller) has offered 100K.

Gaun yersel JB do your WBA impression

"If yez want them that's the price if you ain't willing to pay then F*** off"

Mon the JB

:nod::lol: