It's Official And Now The Hunt Begins!

rab_mackinnon

Cant bring myself to get upset about him going to the sheep,He was always going somewhere this season. If anyone had been offered two years in Europe and how we've played the last two years on the day he joined they would have bitten the hand off them.Dont wish him all the best cause he's with one of our rivals but in fairness he did do a good job.If the next guy can do better i'll be delighted

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark McGhee can bite my shite. I hope he fails spectacularly at Aberdeen and gets his jotters within 2 years. Fuckin wank.

Is that view shared by other 'Well fans you have spoken with, Eddie? I may be shot down in flames for this, but doesn't he deserve a bit better? He did thank Motherwell and spoke warmly of the club. He oversaw two good years for the most part, the third place finish being amazing in what was such a traumatic season, and his handling of the Phil O'Donnell tragedy was very tactful and genuine. Aberdeen will always have an emotional pull for him and, being totally objective, he has moved to a bigger club.

Just saying like, not telling 'Well fans how they should feel about the guy. :lol:

I wish McGhee good luck and thank him for his time here. He did a tremendous job in taking us to 3rd place last season and safely avoiding relegation this year. He also conducted himself very well during the Phil O'Donnell tragedy and was a credit to himself and the club.

However, I don't like, or respect the man as he clearly has no respect for anyone else but himself as his "Aberdeen are second choice" speech in his welcoming press conference tells you. It really does take a brass neck and arrogance of the very first degree to come out with a remark like that just minutes after you've signed for a new club. Not surprising in the slightest as that is the type of thing McGhee has come out with for the last two years that he was here, but I just think that shows a complete lack of respect for the fans of the club that employ him to say that.

No doubting whatsoever that he is a very good manager, and I'm sure he'll do well at Aberdeen, but it's all "Me, Me Me" with Mr McGhee.

I just wonder how long it will take before he shites on the Sheep as well. And he'll do it. You'll recall how Reading, Wolves, Brighton, fans of every club he was at warned us he'd run as quickly as possible when the time was right FOR HIM. Aye, he's done a great job for us, and I'm grateful for that, but he's been itching to go for over a year and now two years in-a-row left us in shit close season. I was a MM fan, but the way he's tarted himself for the Shellic job and the Sheepymehs job just sticks in the throat and has ruined any good feeling I had towards him.

Oh good grief has this man no shame at all?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5376937,00.html

"New Aberdeen boss Mark McGhee has admitted managing Celtic would have been his first choice, had his Parkhead application proved successful.

He said: "Aberdeen fans know that in Scottish football on a scale of one to three you have Rangers and Celtic and then Aberdeen comes in third.

"I think that any player or manager has the right to want to play or manage at the best club possible.

"I have looked at that opportunity, I didn't get that job but I then moved on to come to Aberdeen quickly with a total positive feeling and a total commitment.

The former Motherwell boss revealed that he decided to join the Dons before being told by Celtic that he would not be the man to replace Gordon Strachan."

So what he's saying is that this job is his consolation prize , that will surley endear him to the fans.

Now I'm sure the official announcement said that we were approached by Aberdeen some time on saturday http

://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...amp;Itemid=133

McGhee explained: "I sent Willie Miller a text last Friday to say that I was at a stage where I was prepared to speak seriously about coming to Aberdeen at the exclusion of anything that was happening at Celtic.

"I didn't actually know that I hadn't got the Celtic job until the Saturday morning.

"I had not received any unofficial word from Celtic, it was just at that point I was worried about losing the opportunity of coming to Aberdeen so I sent Willie a text. I hope that reassures a few of the fans."

He's been whoring himself around again , clearly he put himself forward for

the Celtic Job first , is this why there has been no activity on signings

and contracts , wee chesney tipped him the wink that he was chucking his job at

the end of the season.Any respect I had for the man has gone and

don't even start me on leitchy.

McGhee is a whore. Simple as. When he started fucking us, he was fucking someone else in his mind. He's now fucking the sheep and thinking about the tims.

Like all cheap hookers, and like happened to him in England, he'll run out of people willing to pay to fuck him.

GIRUY McGhee.

Although McGhee does seem to be a whore (although, he is not as bad as people have mentioned on here) Leitch is fucking a lot worse in my eyes. Was my favourite player when he was playing for us, but while McGhee has been voicing his opinion and letting us know he is only here until something better comes along the former legend that was Leitch was thinking the same thing but letting McGhee do his talking. It was the same with Hearts! Fucker!

Although McGhee does seem to be a whore (although, he is not as bad as people have mentioned on here) Leitch is fucking a lot worse in my eyes. Was my favourite player when he was playing for us, but while McGhee has been voicing his opinion and letting us know he is only here until something better comes along the former legend that was Leitch was thinking the same thing but letting McGhee do his talking. It was the same with Hearts! Fucker!

I heard he was ragin when McGhee done a U-Turn over Hearts. He is a prick but only an Assistant prick mind you! :lol:

I'd heard Chesney said in JANUARY he was leaving Shellic and MM knew this.

I've always suspected this Rickoza. MMcG would have known months ago about the likely vacancies at Parkhead and Pittodrie. Managers do talk and they are tapped by clubs. Its a fact of life.

Delighted he is gone!!!!! Good ridance

He can now go and talk his usual bluster "three men up front" (St. Mirren - cup tie) somewhere else. He only has a Plan A and now that everyone knows what that is he's donald ducked.

He is kidding himself if he thinks they are a better team than the SUPER WELL - he will get no money their either.

As for losing Scott Leitch - It's not much of a loss.

Roll on the new Manager!!

There are two things that happen to Motherwell managers. 1 They move on or 2. They get sacked.

I hope our next manager is in category 1 and they move on. Cos if they move on then that means they have done something right for the 'well. So cheerio MMG ( you can look out your old wellies!) but you must have done something right as we didn't sack you. Who knows , JB might find us another two season wonder , who cares, as long as we don't end up sacking him!!! Mon the hoop.

There are two things that happen to Motherwell managers. 1 They move on or 2. They get sacked.

I hope our next manager is in category 1 and they move on. Cos if they move on then that means they have done something right for the 'well. So cheerio MMG ( you can look out your old wellies!) but you must have done something right as we didn't sack you. Who knows , JB might find us another two season wonder , who cares, as long as we don't end up sacking him!!! Mon the hoop.

One name defy's your logic. McLeish!!!!!!

One name defy's your logic. McLeish!!!!!!

However badly McLeish fecked it up when he tried to put his own stamp on our team, the record book will still show that under him, Motherwell were serious title challengers. How long till we ever see that happen again, I wonder.

Rangers36 11 5 2 31 14 9 4 5 29 21 69 +25

Motherwell36 8 6 4 29 23 6 6 6 21 27 54 0

Hibernian36 9 7 2 37 19 3 10 5 12 18 53 +12

Celtic36 6 8 4 23 19 5 10 3 16 14 51 + 6

Falkirk36 8 3 7 26 24 4 9 5 22 23 48 + 1

Hearts36 9 4 5 26 14 3 3 12 18 37 43 -7

Kilmarnock36 8 4 6 22 16 3 6 9 18 32 43 -8

Partick36 4 9 5 23 23 6 4 8 17 27 43 -10

Aberdeen36 7 7 4 24 16 3 4 11 19 30 41 -3

Dundee Utd36 6 6 6 24 20 3 31216 36 36-16

This was the table from Eck's first season in charge. Fifteen points behind the title winners in what was a very poor season overall and anyone could've finished second. However, given the squad McLean left him with, I'd say it was a second place finish thanks to others, not what he did!

That's Eck in a nutshell. Give him a decent squad of players and he will get the best from them. Give him a transfer budget and he is clueless. That's why he did well in the Scotland job too - no purchase of players required.

However badly McLeish fecked it up when he tried to put his own stamp on our team, the record book will still show that under him, Motherwell were serious title challengers. How long till we ever see that happen again, I wonder.

But he did turn that title challenging team of Mcleans into a relegation battling team!!!!

That's Eck in a nutshell. Give him a decent squad of players and he will get the best from them. Give him a transfer budget and he is clueless. That's why he did well in the Scotland job too - no purchase of players required.

A coach but not a manager. He'd be better working under the system in place in many European countries where the first team coach has no role in transfer policy.

But he did turn that title challenging team of Mcleans into a relegation battling team!!!!

Aye, mate, that took real talent I'd say!

He took a great Motherwell team (best most of us have seen/will see), and started to make them rubbish, then got a bigger job at Hibs, and after a good year or 2 with Alex millers side, things started to go wrong, then he got the Rangers job, did well with Advocaats team....

I remeber saying to anyone who would listen when he left Rangers, that

"He can't get a bigger job now :lol: "

So you can imagine my surprise when he got the Scotland job! :lol:

Maybe the Scotland job was the job for him, as someone said, he was fine until he started signing players.

He must have spent more than every other manager put together, Van der Gaag (450k) was a success, but there was McSkimming (350k), Eddie May (200k + kirk + Mowgli), John henry (100k? I think?)

I just wonder how long it will take before he shites on the Sheep as well. And he'll do it. You'll recall how Reading, Wolves, Brighton, fans of every club he was at warned us he'd run as quickly as possible when the time was right FOR HIM.

Well speaking as a Brighton fan, that's clearly not the case. He had the opportunity to go to the club (that finished 3rd this season) for more money last season but turned them down. The time would have been right for him then, but he put Motherwell first - and the thanks he gets is your post and dozens like it. I can accept fans being bitter about a difficult transition period ahead without the certainty of a high performing manager at the helm, but to blacken the name of an excellent club servant is plain wrong.