Europa League 1st Round Info

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to say I'm disappointed that its £15 for an adult, especially as it appears there's no pay at the gate. if we progress through to the Third Qualifying Round that's £90 for me and Sharon before we put petrol in the car, buy a programme etc.

On top of yet another new strip and a month after shelling out almost £500 for season tickets, that is a lot. For me a tenner would have been fairer for the fans.

Ad much prefer Kazakhstan than Airdrie ;)

So would Strathclyde Polis!

I'm not so happy with Airdrie either, purely because the transport links are Poor, to say the least

and well its Airdrie :P

the pricing is a tricky one, I suppose the club has quite a lot of additional cost due to having to host the ties away from 'home'

Here's an idea which might help fans - why not start selling the tickets now? They are marked as valid for the home match whichever date it is. So they might not say who the opposition but that would be the least of my concerns

That way fans who don't live near the ground or work away have a chance to get through to purchase them.

Changing the subject slightly, but do we know how the draw works in terms of home and away legs? i.e. If we're drawn out first we're at home the first leg? Or will it be the same as Nancy where we need to wait for the 2 clubs to decide which way round the games are played?

Why is it PATG??

Plenty of more folk would head along if they heard that this game was been played on the radio or something the morning before if they could just walk up and pay 15 notes ( :lol: ) there and then, especially if its a nice night - what else is there to do, watch cricket?

£15 is a tad on the steep side.

Reckon we will struggle to get more than 4000 there.

Maybe £15 is a tad steep. But I can bet you it will be the cheapest european ticket in Scotland this season. Motherwell is a business and especially this year we need to maximise income.

4000 x £15 = £60,000

6000 x £10 = £60,000

In all honesty do you think we would get 6000 even if we reduced to £10???

Maybe £15 is a tad steep. But I can bet you it will be the cheapest european ticket in Scotland this season. Motherwell is a business and especially this year we need to maximise income.

4000 x £15 = £60,000

6000 x £10 = £60,000

In all honesty do you think we would get 6000 even if we reduced to £10???

I have to agree!

It has been proved several times in the past that we have a hardcore of fans who will attend most/all "home" games of around 3000-4000, and unless we literally give tickets away, we will get little more, unless it's a really big game (old firm, cup), or one that captures imagination (Nancy).

Our best bet of filling the Shybery would be drawing Linfield, as all the h**s would come.

Bloke at work the other day said that Motherwell's Europa League game would feature 5 match officials as part of an experiment,. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else and wondered if anybody had heard this? Can't be true can it?

Bloke at work the other day said that Motherwell's Europa League game would feature 5 match officials as part of an experiment,. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else and wondered if anybody had heard this? Can't be true can it?

Heard this as well. I'm assuming the other 2 officials will be plonked at either end to watch for incidents in the box, "goals" that dont quite cross the line or whatever?

We'll struggle to get 4,000 to travel. It's effectively an away game for many, annoying but true.............

Very very disappointed at this decision, albeit none of us were privvy to the process which reached this conclusion. Airdrie may not be far away, but might as well be Kilmarnock for those restricted to public transport.

I do hope MFC put on buses to get fans over there. Might be worth while puting on some package deal ........... a pie and a pint in the Cooper suite, then ticket and travel for £20 say.

That's true. Apparently they trialled it last season in some youth comps and it was a big success. I can imagine that a lot of the shirt-pulling etc will stop now, if not a barrowload of pens will occur.