Latest Rumour

Alfaman

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the staunton thing seems real enough. whether or not he's going to get the job he's definitely involved.

scenario - gary mac gets interviewed, hears what boyle has to say doesn't fancy the job but recomends his ex assistant stan staunton.

i said earlier in the week it's time to be patient and i'm going to try to stick by that. it's better that we spend a bit of time getting the right man than rushing and fucking it up.

From the Pishy Press

The Wishaw Press understands that Motherwell have already received a high number of applications for the Fir Park hotseat from managers currently in and out of employment.

A Motherwell FC spokesman told the Wishaw Press that applications have been received from managers plying their trade in Scotland, England, Europe and beyond.

According to my sauce - all of those lised below have been interviewed

Blobby Williamson

Willie Miller

Ally Maxwell

Guus Hiddink

Yuri Gagarin

Buzz Aldrin

Bruce Springsteen

Eliphas Shivute

President Putin / Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Hillary Clinton

Alexei Lalas

Col. Tom Parker

From the Pishy Press

According to my sauce - all of those lised below have been interviewed

Blobby Williamson

Willie Miller

Ally Maxwell

Guus Hiddink

Yuri Gagarin

Buzz Aldrin

Bruce Springsteen

Eliphas Shivute

President Putin / Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Hillary Clinton

Alexei Lalas

Col. Tom Parker

Only if he grows back the mad hair and beard and stops looking like such a wanker as he did when general manager at LA Galaxy. Who'd have thought he could make himself look a bigger tit than what he looked like in playing hey day!

I tend to agree, Melvin. As much as I'd love it to be Luc, I am struggling to visualise it at the moment. I'd say he's the most likely of the candidates mentioned so far, but I am now starting to think it's someone else.

My thinking is that of the names mentioned Boyle was either going to go for Luc Nijholt or Gary McAllister. Given the Setanta debacle is rolling on, I think McAllister will have passed on it, and I reckon when it came down to it, Nijholt just seemed an appointment too risky to Boyle...

I'm not sure what to make of the Steve Staunton rumour. Has he even managed a club before? Was his time with Ireland not a disaster? Of course, there's one thing being a disaster at international level and being one at club level. It would perhaps be a bit of a gamble (aren't all appointments to a degree?)

If we're going to take a "gamble" Luc Nijholt is my personal choice, although I appreciate he would not be without his possible flaws. Garry MacAllister wouldn't displease me either. As long as it isn't Lennon/Hartson/Williamson/Duffy etc the new manager will get my full, if slightly sceptical, backing.

No one has ever had a dead manager before. Thinking out the box, I like it!

In all seriousness of the candidates named so far I'd go for Gordon Chisholm or President Putin.

I'm sure there's at least 1 other ex-person on the list :rolleyes:

And the jury's oot on whether Alex Miller is a vampire!