Llanelli Ticket Information

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For game at Airdrie we'll be doing well to get 5000 plus, there is no reason for it to be all ticket.

I reckon we'll take 2-2500 down to Wales

UEFA requirements big chap.

But I get your point :huh:

You reckon as much as 2500?? Would be tremendous if thats the case (and we all get in!!)

See excerpt from article on Telegraph website. The bits in bold are giving me cause for concern!!!! That said I cannot see how they could try to use this as a form of blackmail. I mean do they reasonably expect 2-3000 home fans to turn up when their record attendance is 1400 or something in that area regardless of the 1st leg result.

Indeed, so convinced are they that Motherwell will eliminate them from the inaugural Europa League tournament in the first qualifying round that they pleaded with their SPL opponents to switch the first leg from Scotland to Wales.

Motherwell may currently be managerless and shorn of key players like Stephen Hughes, Graeme Smith and Maros Klimpl from last season's side but, nevertheless, officials at the Welsh Premier League club don't expect to prevail.

The first leg will take place at Aidrie's Excelsior Stadium in nine days' time because Motherwell's problematic Fir Park pitch is being relaid but Llanelli had hoped to obtain home advantage in order to maximise ticket sales. Unfortunately, Motherwell refused to accommodate that request (in any case, it's highly unlikely that Uefa would entertain the proposal for fear it would tarnish the integrity of the competition) and Llanelli are concerned that their opportunity of a big pay day may have gone.

"We told them we would like to play the first leg down here because if they stick three or four past us in Scotland then we won't be able to draw a decent attendance," said David Jones, who is responsible for the club's accounts and administration.

"Our idea was to use the Parc y Scarlet, the new stadium built for the Llanelli Scarlets rugby union team, which holds 15,000, but unfortunately, Motherwell won't agree to that.

"Consequently, if we take a beating up there, then the second leg will be at our own Stebonheath Park, which has a capacity of 1,003 and we wouldn't be able to give more than 200 tickets to the travelling supporters."

Did flow not say that the club will speak to them on Thursday on a thread? I may be wrong.

Yes he did.

Why is wanting to follow Motherwell in europe such a chore ? Katowice, HB, Mypa, and Nancy posed so much difficulty for us. Only Dortmund was straightforward.

I suspect there is a touch of naivety when you read the post again. For example surely they would have to agree the venue for the 2nd leg before the 1st leg takes place. So how do they know they well take a beating. Somebody should explain that this is Motherwell FC.

What if for example it was a draw or a narrow deafeat and they had reached the decision to play at a 1000 capacity ground. Too late to change the decision.

The chap also probably did not know that Motherwell could take up to 2000 fans for the return leg which may well make up for any home supporters that decide not to turn up if in the unlikely event we put 3,4 or 5 past them.

Hell - Who knows maybe even Pie will go if it is being held at a rugby ground :angry:

I think it was meant that it was switching the dates they won't agree to.

Yeah reading it again I think that is what he's talking about. How confident must you feel when your own board are worried the tie will be finished after the first let. Poor Reds! :angry:

they must think they can only break even at the bigger stadium if they can pull a few thousand locals in as well as a decent travelling support, it would be daft for a wee club like that to risk losing money.

anyway i'm sure everyone who goes down will see the game, there must have been 3000+ in nancy and no one seemed to be looking for tickets. these things always work out.

If LLanelli are looking for an indication of how many supporters we intend to take down, why don't motherwell have a tick box on the form we have to fill in with our names and address to

1~) tick if we intend to go to llanelli

2~) Don't tick if we have no intention making the trip

I've booked the hotel and got the time off work so i'll be in llanelli regardless, this will be my first jaunt into "EUROPE" with motherwell and i wouldn't miss it for the world.

Please get your flash rugby stadium i can guarantee we won't pump you the first leg, have they not seen the list flow posted earlier on of players registered for europe.