Llanelli Ticket Information

Guest 'Flow

Flow, how confident are you that the tickets will be for sale on the night? I have a wedding on saturday and it may increase my popularity if I can get a ticket on the night. What's worse the 2nd July is my wedding anniversary :mellow:

You're lucky! The 2nd of July (2009) is my wedding! :huh:

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you travel to the euro games with or without the team they take down details incase there is trouble :mellow:

But since we have had half a dozen or something away games in Europe. Why should those people get higher priority to those who a) Were not born on our first trip, but have been to every home, away competitive and friendly game for the last few years b) been to every game but could not get to europe due to family commitments c) couldn't make it any European game due to health reasons (ok struggling now) but went to all competitive and friendly home and away matches.

Season Tickets already get the benefit of first shot at any "High Priority" tickets. Why split the Season Ticket Holders into sub groups. Hell the auld yins on here could come on and claim I have supported the 'Well for x, y z longer than a, b, and c so should deserve as many tickets as they could use than a, b and c. Doesn't work like that as you split the support even more than from the accepted Season Ticket/Non-Season Ticket Holders.

Do they? I have never had to register for going to Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United in the past. The only register Motherwell FC will have if it is all ticket and you had to hand over details, and I know the last time I bought a Hibs ticket I didn't hand any info over.

So someone goes to those foreign countries but then decides the Premier League/SPL away matches are not good enough for them/can't afford it means they should get first pickings? Naw think not. The best bet is the good old ballot if there is not enough tickets for the Season Ticket Holders. Then if there is any left after that goes onto first come, first serve General Sale.

why would you travel to all those places then not go to the spl games :mellow:

I take your point but just from last season off the top of my head we had to buy away tickets from Fir Park for three games away to the Old Firm plus St Mirren x 2, Accies, Hibs, Inverurie and Nancy. As I say that's just off the top of my head so there could be more. Those nine games would provide a fair average for the people who are likely to travel, and would be a fairer system, in my opinion, than having a ballot for season ticket holders. You could easily end up that the majority of the 300 names pulled out haven't been to an away game in the SPL for years if it was just an ST ballot.

Edit - I also understand that when demand outstrips supply people who deserve to go will miss out however it's done, but it should be as fair as possible. To my mind a guy who spends £250 a year on the club and never leaves Motherwell doesn't deserve a ticket as much as another guy who goes everywhere, buys all the merchandise, etc etc.

There are no perfect ways. The thing is, I don't know how much it happens at Motherwell but like you lean towards some people could by a Season Ticket just to go to the big games (it happens at the Old Firm, the Edinburgh two and it certainly happens with a large portion of SSC members).

I agree with your thinking but it's not possible. Take Scotland for example should a guy who pays £40 to join the SSC and doesn't go to any game except the big game (ala Holland) deserve that ticket more than someone who has gone to all the Scotland Quals and Friendlies in the last two seasons? I would say no, and although the SFA/SSC can deal with this easier than Motherwell can they don't. So I don't expect Motherwell to come up with away.

Just out of the shop got tickets for home game. For away tickets you will need a stub from season book and give name and address of who is traveling. I said i was going to put the names and addresses on paper of who was traveling and hand then in when buying tickets, she said that would be great and save a lot of time. Lets try and help the girls in the shop.

So it is a similar situation to Nancy last year, what then happens with your ST holding fans that are in remote/exiled locations.

Not as though people, like myself can nip up the road and drop off the stub and fill in a form/paper.

I also understand that when demand outstrips supply people who deserve to go will miss out however it's done, but it should be as fair as possible. To my mind a guy who spends £250 a year on the club and never leaves Motherwell doesn't deserve a ticket as much as another guy who goes everywhere, buys all the merchandise, etc etc.

Or maybe people who, with limited funds, shell out for a season ticket, programmes, 50/50 tickets, and spend money in the shop on the basis that they'd rather their money goes to their own club than a rival, deserve a ticket more.......

Funny how so many people think the profile of the fan who deserves the tickets most is so similar to themselves.

So it is a similar situation to Nancy last year, what then happens with your ST holding fans that are in remote/exiled locations.

Not as though people, like myself can nip up the road and drop off the stub and fill in a form/paper.

I'm not sure where this is coming from DC'd - theres been nothing announced officially as far as I can see for the away leg - thought it was gonna be sorted out this Thursday.

Most folk had expected it to be switched so there would be plenty tickets.

Like I say might have missed something

I'm not sure where this is coming from DC'd - theres been nothing announced officially as far as I can see for the away leg - thought it was gonna be sorted out this Thursday.

Just saw this posted earlier:

Just out of the shop got tickets for home game. For away tickets you will need a stub from season book and give name and address of who is traveling. I said i was going to put the names and addresses on paper of who was traveling and hand then in when buying tickets, she said that would be great and save a lot of time. Lets try and help the girls in the shop.

I know you can't take anything on here as gospel until something official comes out from the club.

But, just hoping as to when something becomes official, that things are taken into consideration for ST holders that are unable to reach Fir Park. As there will be people working away throughout the week, fellow people that live far away etc.

Agreed Mr Diggle.

The 'fishel as far as I can see hasn't confirmed any arrangements for the away leg yet. We're in danger of arguments breaking out here about most deserving cases taking the edge of folk's excitement and causing ill feeling when there probably won't even be any need.

No better for us just to wait and see what we get before we jump the gun?

You're lucky! The 2nd of July (2009) is my wedding! :mellow:

Good choice of dates Pete. I hope you will be as happy as I have been for 22 years. :P BTW it was a Thursday in 1987 as well. I hope that the weather is as good as it was 22 years ago. :huh:

What about the people who went to Nancy and Inverurie and are going to Albania? B-)

In all seriousness, there should be some way of making sure the tickets fall into the hands of the people who spend a huge chunk of their time and money travelling all over the place to support the team, rather than just dishing them out to folk who fancy a one-off jaunt to Wales for novelty value.

I understand why you would feel that way and if you supported the team as much as you do and then lost out of course you would be cheesed off but, if you allocate a points system you split the support into different tiers and for a lot of different reasons there are people who can't get to away games but might want to see the team in Europe. The thing is as well, at the beginning of every season, you don't know how the team are going to do, but the club would be setting some sort of system in place, if you collect x amounts of points from going to certain away games and buying merchandise just in case we get into Europe.

It's easier for fans say in retrospect that there should be a points system because we have qualified again and possibly there might be a shortage of tickets.

When tickets are in short supply there is no system that is going to be in place that will be 100 per cent fair to everyone, hopefully the game will be played at the bigger stadium and people won't miss out.

The furthest I'm travelling to see Motherwell in Europe is Airdrie ;) but I hope that everyone who is going to Wales and wants a ticket gets it.

Nancy all over again, jumping the gun. I'm waiting to see what the arrangements are, no way am I going down if I can't get in the game, what's the point in that? Can stay here and get puggled if it's just a jolly jaunt. If Llanelli don't move the game why not just search for the angry posts from last year about already having shelled out for this and that, save time typing a new one. B-)

Hi Folks,

i only found this site yesterday whilst waiting for the draw.

I used to ba a ST holder but have not held one for 5 years.I still get to as many hame and away games as work allows, Does this mean I shouldnt get aticket for Wales?

Its simple, if you have a season ticket then you will be in a priority position for a ticket to away games, if not you need to be content with however many tickets are left over. Like it or lump it, the club cant keep records of people who "had a season ticket for 400 years but didnt buy one for the last 4 due to work commitments". It just doesent work like that.

listen, think you all need to get a grip lads.

if the game is at their football ground it holds what? 3700, their average support is 350 per game even if their is a bumper turnout of 1000 we will all get in that leaves us 2700 cant see them having a 1000 at the game or us taking any more than 2000 odd.

if the game is at the rugby ground it hols 15,000 i think we will never in a month of sundays fill that.

no problem at all for tickets.