Davie Clarkson's Mum

biggayal0

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, I'm a Bristol City fan and our official site is reporting that a fee has been agreed, here's the link. http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1704333,00.html If he signs then what can we look forward to seeing from him? Good luck for the new season, both in the SPL and in Europe.

Workrate second to none, a bit of skill, decent finishing and should score a few. However he is quite inconsistent and will never be an out and out goal scorer. Be gutted to see him leave, Well legend

Hi Guys, I'm a Bristol City fan and our official site is reporting that a fee has been agreed, here's the link. http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1704333,00.html If he signs then what can we look forward to seeing from him? Good luck for the new season, both in the SPL and in Europe.

~You can expect to see a player who will give ONE HUNDRED PERCENT effort (i' don't buy into this 110% pish) He'll run himself into the ground for your club and I for one wish him every success.

He's the kind of guy who will shy away from publicity and get his head down and work hard for you lot. I always questioned why Scotland played Kenny Miller before Clarky as his workrate was just as good (Better in most 'Well fan's opinion) yet he can score a goal or 3.

I always hoped Clarkson would remain a Motherwell player till he retired!!!

Good luck kid, hope you and Faddy could link up with the mighty 'Well again!!!

Forgot this idea that we are in free fall - the season is weeks away and if the press are to believed we will appoint a top notch boss very soon! ( hope this is Aidy Boothroyd btw)

Viva Motherwell :P

I'm actually heartbroken by this news. I just can't picture Clarkson wearing any other team's colours other than ours - would be like looking at green tigers or purple giraffes!

Although I want him to do as well as he can, I'll be extremely sad to see him go. And I mean EXTREMELY sad. I think I'm possibly his biggest fan. :D

But if he does go onto better things, I'd imagine he'd act in a similiar way to what McFadden did after he left us.

Hey, imagine in a couple of seasons time, we could be having Clarkson and McFadden returning to wind down their careers with their first clubs by tearing up the SPL. :P

Hey, imagine in a couple of seasons time, we could be having Clarkson and McFadden returning to wind down their careers with their first clubs by tearing up the SPL. :P
A couple? Clarky is only 23. If he does come back, it won't be for another 10 or 12 years!

A couple? Clarky is only 23. If he does come back, it won't be for another 10 or 12 years!

You never know, we have been and still are very patient with Clarkson, poor first touch - sometimes poor decisions, second rate finishing etc.. as we have an affinity and bond with him and he does with the club too. Other 'random' fans might not be so forgiving.........

..This could see him back at FP with his tail between his legs and while we would have oor lad back I for one hope that doesn't happen and he has a great career and comes back to us to finish on a well earned and emotional high - with Faddy, in our new stadium B-)

I'm actually heartbroken by this news. I just can't picture Clarkson wearing any other team's colours other than ours - would be like looking at green tigers or purple giraffes!

Although I want him to do as well as he can, I'll be extremely sad to see him go. And I mean EXTREMELY sad. I think I'm possibly his biggest fan. <_<

But if he does go onto better things, I'd imagine he'd act in a similiar way to what McFadden did after he left us.

Hey, imagine in a couple of seasons time, we could be having Clarkson and McFadden returning to wind down their careers with their first clubs by tearing up the SPL. B-)

I can only echo these sentiments ,will be gutted to lose him but he will leave with my eternal gratitude and best wishes for his future , canny wait to see him and faddy back I'll be an old man but that would be worth watching .

..This could see him back at FP with his tail between his legs and while we would have oor lad back I for one hope that doesn't happen and he has a great career and comes back to us to finish on a well earned and emotional high - with Faddy, in our new stadium B-)
Unfortunately, I can see Faddy having to retire from injury before his career reaches the 'return to Fir Park' stage. He just can't seem to keep himself fit these days.

I'm glad he's taking my advice from another thread :P Bristol is not the club for a guy like Clarky - they are on the start of a decline.

Although, on the plus side, it's a great part of the country to live in. I was a few miles further north of there for six and a half years, and the pubs are the best in the country.

I'm glad he's taking my advice from another thread :P Bristol is not the club for a guy like Clarky - they are on the start of a decline.

Although, on the plus side, it's a great part of the country to live in. I was a few miles further north of there for six and a ahlf years, and the pubs are the best in the country.

I agree weeyin, think Cardiff would b a fantastic move for him but don't see them paying 800k for him

Without a doubt my favourite 'well player of the last ten years, the guy took some horrible stick from a minority of the support especially in the 06/07 season but he just got his head down and got on with it when lesser players would have given up. He wears his heart on his sleeve and always gives his absolute all for the cause. Not one of these wee arseholes like Mccormack or Mcdonald that blabber away to the press about wanting a move, hes just got his head down, grafted and earned his move. There are two types of player, the aforementioned arseholes and then you have your Porters and Clarksons, the gentlemen of the game. I wish Clarky the very best of luck and hope to see him back in claret and amber but not too soon unless we are taken over by some russian tycoon.

Although, on the plus side, it's a great part of the country to live in.

I spent a week in Bristol through the work a couple of years ago and when I was in the pubs every night I kept getting bangers coming up to me giving it "City or Rovers?" looking for a scrap. Is this common-place or do I just attract these idiots? (An indignant "Motherwell" seemed to ward them off).

I spent a week in Bristol through the work a couple of years ago and when I was in the pubs every night I kept getting bangers coming up to me giving it "City or Rovers?" looking for a scrap. Is this common-place or do I just attract these idiots? (An indignant "Motherwell" seemed to ward them off).
Commonplace in "Brizzl" I believe. However, I lived further north in Cirencester and Stroud where the village pubs are all 300 years old, have roaring log fires in the winter and serve real ale that gets you severely drunk, but without the hangover.

Gutted to see him go but not grudging him it.

He deserves all the good things coming to him. Wasn't his biggest fan for a couple of years but he shoved it right back in my face by contributing a massive amount to the team and club as a whole and I couldn't have been happier.

Hopefully goes with all the best wishes of the fans. Bristol City's just a stepping stone to greater things.

Well done Clarky you deserve it :P

How did an undisclosed fee suddenly turn into 600k?

And what are the add-ons for first team appearances, international appearances, sell-ons etc.? Or is all this high finance just the usual rumour mill at work?