Davie Clarkson's Mum

biggayal0

600k is a joke and we'll live to regret this transfer. Maybe sooner rather than later.

I was of the same opinion as you a few days ago. I'm led to believe that it's a wee bit more than £600,000 and that some of the transfer fees brought in will be given to the new manager to strengthen. Personally, Clarkson is the one guy I would have kept. But, strange as it might have seemed two years ago, he is our most saleable asset. And while, he will in my opinion be difficult to replace with similar quality/commitment to the cause, it may force us into a new way of playing. Since January, Clarkson has to an extent carried the team on his back. Maybe a good thing if he moves on if it stops an over reliance on one player. Given the team we had since January, were I an opposition manager I would know that if I stopped Clarkson, chances are you'd be seeing 'Motherwell 0' at full time.

I love the guy, but maybe this is the best thing for everyone concerned...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a week in Bristol through the work a couple of years ago and when I was in the pubs every night I kept getting bangers coming up to me giving it "City or Rovers?" looking for a scrap. Is this common-place or do I just attract these idiots? (An indignant "Motherwell" seemed to ward them off).

I lived in Bristol for 6 years and found that the city centre was mad at the weekends but never once got hassled for being Scottish. Like Rangers and Celtic, City and Rovers fans hate each other - take away the OF bigotry, leave the hatred and thats what City and Rovers are like but as they are not in the same league you don't get the mad derby game days we see up here.

Taking time

over the weekend to think over the

move, holding out for another club that has contacted

the club this week to make an offer over the weekend! My understanding is that he isn't 100% on Bristol.

He flew down here on Thursday and everything was sorted except the medical which will get done on Monday or Tuesday (he has a wedding to attend this weekend apparently so can't get it done before then). He's taking the weekend to think it through.

It's a 4 year contract and the fee is 600k up front with another 200k based upon goals, appearances and promotion.

Max 800k which is a good deal for your club given he's out of contract at the end of this coming season.

I have no problem whatsoever with Clarky moving south for more money and to (arguably) a bigger club, not to metion a prestigeous league.

He has always given his all for the club and served us well. I will enjoy watching his progress for the Robins and hopefully Scotland too, and he leaves with my very best wishes and grateful thanks for everything.

Good luck Clarky.

Clarky has done well for us, and deserves his move and a shot at hitting the big time.

He'll always be one of us though - anyone who was at the cup tie after Phil will have no doubt on that.

Good luck - and don't forget to be back on a free in 10 years!

Our youth policy is certainly turning over a tidy profit at the moment - and all concerned (even if they are not still at the club) should take a pat on the back!

He flew down here on Thursday and everything was sorted except the medical which will get done on Monday or Tuesday (he has a wedding to attend this weekend apparently so can't get it done before then). He's taking the weekend to think it through.

It's a 4 year contract and the fee is 600k up front with another 200k based upon goals, appearances and promotion.

Max 800k which is a good deal for your club given he's out of contract at the end of this coming season.

it's his sisters wedding this weekend hence him coming home! Has a meeting at the arc on Monday so wouldn't count your chickens he will be signing next week

Just wondering what your problem with Bristol City is weeyin?

I mean, to call us a team in decline when you have 13 pro players, no manager and have to sell your best to stay afloat is a bit rich isnt it?

Not to mention we have one of the most talented british managers at the helm, the most stable and comitted chairman and a squad that played poorly last season and was still the 30th best side in England...

Now i don't want to sound like I'm bigging my club up too much, or anything big headed. Because I'm not big headed about us at all. I can just see we are a club going in the right direction.

Which brings me to your next point. you're absurdly claiming crapdiff are going places? how can you possibly justify that? Millions of debts, a buffoon as chairman and a playing squad to expensive to keep wages wise. if cardiff fail to gain Premiership football next season, they will be the next leeds, southampton, luton... etc etc etc. and I'm looking forward to that! :D

I'd personally say your judgements on Bristol city are ill informed. If you knew anything about the club, you'd be as excited and optimistic as our fans are. considering just how much garbage we as a set of fans have been subjected to since the glorious 70's, its particularly tough to make us positive. the fact we are now a much more vibrant support should give you a clear indication of just how well the club is ran.

Personally I think clarkson could do a lot worse than City. And i certainly hope he comes here. he will be a great foil for Maynard and be a great addition to our squad.

Good luck in your upcoming season. my grandad had a massive soft spot for 'well, so other than gretna, you're probably my favourite scottish side! :)

Lots of love, a southern softy!

PS. that garbage about being asked "city or rovers". we're nothing like that. Infact i'd put serious money on it being a sag that said that. so don't let it tarnish your opinion of "Brizzle"

:)

I'd be delighted if Clarky stays, but again, think he's every right to go for a big move if he feels the time is right. He's been a superb and loyal servant to the club, love him to stay.

I mean, to call us a team in decline when you have 13 pro players, no manager and have to sell your best to stay afloat is a bit rich isnt it?

Not to mention we have one of the most talented british managers at the helm, the most stable and comitted chairman and a squad that played poorly last season and was still the 30th best side in England...

Now i don't want to sound like I'm bigging my club up too much, or anything big headed. Because I'm not big headed about us at all. I can just see we are a club going in the right direction.

Which brings me to your next point. you're absurdly claiming crapdiff are going places? how can you possibly justify that? Millions of debts, a buffoon as chairman and a playing squad to expensive to keep wages wise. if cardiff fail to gain Premiership football next season, they will be the next leeds, southampton, luton... etc etc etc. and I'm looking forward to that! :D

I'd personally say your judgements on Bristol city are ill informed. If you knew anything about the club, you'd be as excited and optimistic as our fans are. considering just how much garbage we as a set of fans have been subjected to since the glorious 70's, its particularly tough to make us positive. the fact we are now a much more vibrant support should give you a clear indication of just how well the club is ran.

Personally I think clarkson could do a lot worse than City. And i certainly hope he comes here. he will be a great foil for Maynard and be a great addition to our squad.

Good luck in your upcoming season. my grandad had a massive soft spot for 'well, so other than gretna, you're probably my favourite scottish side! :)

Lots of love, a southern softy!

PS. that garbage about being asked "city or rovers". we're nothing like that. Infact i'd put serious money on it being a sag that said that. so don't let it tarnish your opinion of "Brizzle"

Don't you know mate? Weeyin knows everything about everything!

Don't listen to him, we don't all think that about your team.

it's his sisters wedding this weekend hence him coming home! Has a meeting at the arc on Monday so wouldn't count your chickens he will be signing next week

The arc ?

Understandable that he wants to explore all his options, but he really does only have Monday or Tuesday to sort this deal.

He either wants it or not and that's what he'll be told on Monday by Gary Johnson, because that is how he works.

He told Mifsud to get stuffed last season because he felt he wasn't 100% committed to the deal, and also told Meteb (Egyptian) the same. We lost both of them (just as well as it turned out) as well as a few others like Jermaine Easter (didn't like his attitude and was proven correct in that).

Believe me, he'll either sign very early next week or not at all.

The arc ?

Understandable that he wants to explore all his options, but he really does only have Monday or Tuesday to sort this deal.

He either wants it or not and that's what he'll be told on Monday by Gary Johnson, because that is how he works.

He told Mifsud to get stuffed last season because he felt he wasn't 100% committed to the deal, and also told Meteb (Egyptian) the same. We lost both of them (just as well as it turned out) as well as a few others like Jermaine Easter (didn't like his attitude and was proven correct in that).

Believe me, he'll either sign very early next week or not at all.

We obvioulsy have a Europa League match on Thursday which may make the decison more difficult, perhaps he feels that he'd like another crack at european football or feels it would be a good way to sign off (the 'arc slang term for Fir Park our home ground)

The arc ?

We had a massive photo of our stadium in the papers a year or so ago, and there was a letter P missing from the sign, making it read F I R A R K. That's why we call it The Ark, and why our last gaffer was often referred to as Noah :)

Harsh.

Bristol City are a diddy team. We are in Europe. Again.

City in Europe?

The arc ?

We had 'Fir Park' emblazoned in large letters on the side of what was then known as our Main Stand.

The P fell off leaving us playing at 'Fir ark' some time actually before they fixed.

The nickname's just kinda stuck.

EDIT: What Gazzy said....a wee bit quicker.

We obvioulsy have a Europa League match on Thursday which may make the decison more difficult, perhaps he feels that he'd like another crack at european football or feels it would be a good way to sign off (the 'arc slang term for Fir Park our home ground)

That was exactly the situation we had with Meteb last season.

Meteb played in a game two days after agreeing terms, so Johnson told him to get stuffed and walked away from the deal.

I'm sure it's Tuesday latest or it's off.

Hopefully (from our perspective) he'll sign for us, but we'll definitely know by Tuesday at the latest.