Jim Gannon

decorator

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He arrives with a good reputation and has worked under tough circumstances at Stockport, so this job and the squad he has to work with, not to mention the budget, will seem like a cushy number!!

Welcome aboard Jim!

Did a very good job at Stockort - but apparently was on a kings ransom of a salary.

He certainly got the players playing for him, and they played a decent style of football.

Found it strange that he let Dicker play on loan for Brighton against Stockport in the last game of the season, but clearly he was doing the best for his player - and that helped keep Brighton up so am not complaining!

Think Boyle has done well to get him to Fir Park, and believe Gannon is more than capable of doing a good job for us - just a shame Jimbo is English though :lol: .

Think the old roller coaster has just changed direction again!!

Did a very good job at Stockort - but apparently was on a kings ransom of a salary.

Found it strange that he let Dicker play on loan for Brighton against Stockport in the last game of the season, but clearly he was doing the best for his player - and that helped keep Brighton up so am not complaining!

Think Boyle has done well to get him to Fir Park, and believe Gannon is more than capable of doing a good job for us - just a shame Jimbo is English though :nod: .

Firstly, he was worth every single penny. Second, he wanted Dicker to join Bury not Brighton, the only reason he joined Brighton was because they offered more money & we desperately needed everything we could get. Thirdly, he was born in London (lived near Millwall's old Den) but he's very much an Irishman. Think he was in the Irish army actually.

Firstly, he was worth every single penny. Second, he wanted Dicker to join Bury not Brighton, the only reason he joined Brighton was because they offered more money & we desperately needed everything we could get. Thirdly, he was born in London (lived near Millwall's old Den) but he's very much an Irishman. Think he was in the Irish army actually.

So was he on a big wage? Given his previous club was Dundalk he surely wasn't that hard to tempt.

Also given things were going well on the park and your man was working seemingly with relatively small budget, where has it all went wrong at Stockport?

Really excited by this. I just have a good feeling about it. He seems like a guy that players want to play for.

It appears just by what as been reported that he may not have been the favourite to get the job at the start of the interview proccess but he has impressed to such an extent that he has jumped to the top of the list. He must therefore be articulate, with a clear idea of how to take a Football Club forward. It's all very well for people to have a preference for other names but JB has been the man who has taken the time to really get to know the thoughts of these guys.

Comments about Stockport's excellent disciplinary record, style of football etc all sounds good (dare I say McGhee like) I just have a feeling that as fans we may be able to buy into the Gannon revolution more than we ever could with McGhee.

It would be fantastic if he could persuade Stephen Hughes to stay. Who knows Brian McLean could still re appear on the squad list. Suddenly things seem brighter again.

he might not take the job, he's currently up at dalziel park watching us getting gubbed by rhyll. it was 3 - 0 when i left. bit apprehensive about thursday now.

spoke to gannon briefly before the game, he said he has targets identified and that he knows the squad needs strengthened. seems like a sound guy.

he might not take the job, he's currently up at dalziel park watching us getting gubbed by rhyll. it was 3 - 0 when i left. bit apprehensive about thursday now.

spoke to gannon briefly before the game, he said he has targets identified and that he knows the squad needs strengthened. seems like a sound guy.

What 3-0 !!! Sack the Manager!! Never liked the guy. Gannon must go. :nod:

What 3-0 !!! Sack the Manager!! Never liked the guy. Gannon must go. :nod:

to be fair he's just sitting in the wee stand, porteous and craigan looked to be in charge.

we were terrible in the first 15 minutes and lost 3 goals, micheal fraser didn't look very clever (or for that matter very tall). played abit better after that but no cutting edge.

team. fraser, page, hammell, reynolds, craigan, fitzpatirck, lalsey, mcgarry, o'brien, sutton, murphy.

So was he on a big wage? Given his previous club was Dundalk he surely wasn't that hard to tempt.

Also given things were going well on the park and your man was working seemingly with relatively small budget, where has it all went wrong at Stockport?

The rumour around our message boards was he was on £200k a year, plus a percentage of transfer fees (which I understand is quite a common thing, but not often mentioned. I suppose people might argue that'd make a manager want to sell players for his own profit, but then, surely it'd make him want to develop players to be even better and therefore worth even more?). Seeing as we were staring the Conference in the face when he came in, and he went on to win nearly 50% of games during his time, then I'd reiterate the point about him being worth every penny.

And I could go on for ages trying to pinpoint the exact moment things started going wrong, but various factors included -

- ending up renting our own ground from a rugby club (a ground we'd owned for 100 years)

- being owned by our Trust, hence having no-one to put money into the club

- owing tax going back several years which no-one had bothered to sort out (or even mention)

- our MD taking out a loan this time last year which gave another company debenture over our bank account

The interesting bit is, that MD was put on gardening leave last winter and a new guy came in, managed to nearly sort things out & actually had a deal set up to pay off all our debts over time. On hearing that, the company mentioned above filed for us to go into administration - rug pulled from right under our feet.

A cynic might suggest the former MD wanted to take the club over again and knew there was no way the club would be willingly sold to him.. And that cynic might suggest that said former MD is part of the consortium that's close to buying back the club. Such a cynic might also suggest that Jim didn't get along with that MD at all and was waiting to see who'd take over at EP before deciding whether he should look elsewhere, and that's why he's now joined 'Well. Not me, of course... I'm not cynical.

Sounds an absolute nightmare, hope you get back on your feet soon whoever ends up in charge.

£200k is approx what we were meant to have been paying McGhee after we doubled his wages so that was BIG for us. Wonder if that sort of money is what we offering this time. Never heard of managers getting a percentage of transfer fees, can only assume it a fairly small percentage, I mean it not like they asked to contribute to fees of players they buy in.

I think I've missed something with regards to Sutton, anyone care to share? :nod:

And thanks a lot for your insight charlietoogood, it has been interesting to hear someone's opinion on Gannon who has actually seen how a side can change under him. :wub:

All good information CharlieTG

your club sure have some challenges to deal with and I'd reckon a fair number of 'Well fans can relate to your situation

Not me, of course... I'm not cynical.

:nod: You'll fit straight in here , hope you hang about and see how your man does if he takes the job

to be fair he's just sitting in the wee stand, porteous and craigan looked to be in charge.

we were terrible in the first 15 minutes and lost 3 goals, micheal fraser didn't look very clever (or for that matter very tall). played abit better after that but no cutting edge.

team. fraser, page, hammell, reynolds, craigan, fitzpatirck, lalsey, mcgarry, o'brien, sutton, murphy.

You are kidding me!!! Not that we got pumped more that this game ACTUALLY took place. I thought it was a joke in previous thread or I would have been along. Where is Rhyll in comparison to Llanelli.......football wise not on a map????

Just out of curiosity how did they shape that team?

Midfield of McGarry, Fitz, Las, O'Brien left to right and front two of Sutton and Murphy?

Never heard of managers getting a percentage of transfer fees, can only assume it a fairly small percentage, I mean it not like they asked to contribute to fees of players they buy in.

Maybe it's a bit like commision! :nod:

If this is something which is quite common, I reckon it would be the profit made on a player, like 5% of the profit maybe. If a player was bought for £10 and sold for £110 the profit would be £100, so they'd be entitle to a fiver. :wub: Just an idea..