Tipped For The Drop

happyslappy

The SPL report says they made £11m profit, including £9.2m from the ground sale. This would suggest that the £9.2m was clear profit from the deal.

Bear in mind that the new ground is situated in Ferguslie Park where land prices average 40p an acre. Add to that the price of a large meccano set and a lawn and the new ground looks quite a bargain.

It was 40p, due to the current credit crunch dropped to 15p. :)

Lawn.............check it out in the Oxford dictionary, mainly made of strange stuff called grass. :P Completely different from sand. :rolleyes:

to be fair if another team had lost most of their best players and had also lost their manager and replaced him a guy 95% of people hadn't heard of then got beat by two welsh league teams i'd be tipping them for relegation as well.

on paper right now we're the weakest team in the league and it's up to gannon and boyle to change that and for the players here at the start of the season to prove what they can do.

The SPL report says they made £11m profit, including £9.2m from the ground sale. This would suggest that the £9.2m was clear profit from the deal.

Bear in mind that the new ground is situated in Ferguslie Park where land prices average 40p an acre. Add to that the price of a large meccano set and a lawn and the new ground looks quite a bargain.

i'm sure i read on pie and bovril that tesco didn't actually give st mirren the full amount, they got around £1.5 million in cash and tesco actually built the ground for them using their construction partners. the ground also probably cost less to build than has been touted around in the media.

We might not get relegated but I think it's extremely likely that we will be involved in the shake-up at that end of the table this season.

Given everything that's gone on I think if Jim Gannon manages to stablise things and keep us in the SPL then that would be more than sufficient for his first year in charge. After that he can begin to put his own stamp on things and take it on from there.

Outwith the Old Firm the other ten teams are much of a much of a muchness and could finish in any order, IMO. The upheaval at Firk Park may mean Motherwell are amongst the bookies favourites for the drop, but I don't think that's necessarily the case. If Gannon makes some good signings and gets the team playing good football, all the changes may prove to be for the sake of progess. You can get away with such radical change in the SPL and still live to tell the tale, provided you have good leadership. It's wide open, IMO.

"We had been proven wrong last season with our prediction that Kilmarnock would be destined for the drop"

Says it all really

Kilmarnock were probably the worst team in the SPL last season, very poor quality. Always give us a good game tho.

They were shocking till big Kevin Kyle turned up.