Heard A Rumour @ Llanelli

well_legless_69

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Crags has said in the past that he doesn't like being captain.

I don't know if we'll have 5 players by Monday, but Gannon seemed pretty confident in his post-match interview that he'd manage to bring in a few new faces quite quickly.

Taking the Captaincy from Craggs would be a big mistake IMO if as is lookng likely youth wll be a big factor next season we need his experience as captain
Maybe, but before Coach got the captaincy, Crags said that he didn't want it as he felt it had an adverse effect on his game. I'd rather he played his best, than worry about him being captain. He can still guide the youngsters without an armband.

Who else could the captaincy go to?

The only real stand-out candidates I can think of are Crags, Lasley or Hammell. After that it's all down to the young guys, unless Gannon goes for another Quinn type appointment to try and give a boost to one of the younger guys like Reynolds.

Perhaps he also thinks giving it to Sutton or Jennings might work, but with Jennings just in the door I'd be surprised to see that happen.

Craggs was solid on Thursday, that number 9 must have been about 6 inches taller than him yet Craggs won every header against him. I dont want to comment on rumour really but if Gannon drives Craigan out of the club he'll no be Mr Popular...

No, but I've never seen Craggs wave like that and just want to get off the park asap,

looked to be trying to march straight off avoiding others and celebrations,

JG did spot it and had to change direction to intercept him and shake his hand,

A lot of pressure on our captain just now, I'm not quite sure why? and think its uncalled for, but that was my gut feeling when I seen him

I agree with that Brazilian, i cant undestand the reason for the pressure on him. If Gannon gets rid of him its managerial suicide, i could see him being quickly turned on and understandably so. Its one thing to want to start fresh but you cant treat senior squad members who have given alot for the club in that manner.

I think calling it managerial suicide is overstating things a bit too much. I love Craigan but every fan on here knows if he gets rid of Craigan(and its a big if) then his decision will be judged on the quality of his replacement. If we have a quality partnership at centre back without Craigan then no-one will care. If we have a dodgy defence then he will be under alot of pressurre. I think the next week will see the direction the team is taking.

I for one am quite excited.

I think we may be reading too much into this.

It's no secret that Craigan is unhappy with the armband and would rather not have the responsibility, and I'm pretty sure in any chat with the new gaffer this would undoubtedly have been mentioned.

If Gannon has taken this on board and decided to accede to Craigan's wishes and appoint another captain then Thursday nights match would have been Craigans last with the armband and may well account for his waving to the support.

If he does bring in 5 players for monday will be interesting to see who he selects as his wildcard. Would identify where he thinks the team is at its weakest.

As for Crags. I think he has been brilliant over the last few years. Has motherwell really at heart and I admire what he does on the field and over the past month or so when we didn't have a manager. Thought his interview before going down to wales was telling when he said that all the players and managment had to think hard ( can't remember the exact quote) Would like to think that he hasn't taken the criticism to heart, which was in the papers and from the managment team. His presence in the team was telling since christmas last season.

Mon the crags mon the well.

Very little chance in keeping up to date with things at the moment, so can someone please explain the 'wildcard' scenario? Ta.

Changes to the original squad could be made up until midnight last night. From then we are allowed to add one 'wildcard' player to the squad to play in Albania up to 24 hours before the tie starts.