This "pre-season"....one Of The Best?

ankles

After following the Well for over 40 years,i have to say this is the best pre season there's been.I'd take being in the Europa cup every year even with the three qualifying rounds rather than piss poor friendlies.Maybe its an age thing where i now dont take things so much to heart but the amount of moaning done about the club by some people borders on the ridiculous at timesJust look at the last two weeks :lol: .By the time the SPL starts we will be ready for it and will be a lot better prepared than some of our rivals,our Manager has probably gained about a months work in assessing the players by having competitive games now.We have a great game on Thursday to look forward to and if we get through ,how good is that gonna be? So quit moaning and get your asses over to Dungland on thurs and enjoy the good times.

MON THE WELL :D

After following the Well for over 40 years,i have to say this is the best pre season there's been.I'd take being in the Europa cup every year even with the three qualifying rounds rather than piss poor friendlies.Maybe its an age thing where i now dont take things so much to heart but the amount of moaning done about the club by some people borders on the ridiculous at timesJust look at the last two weeks :lol: .By the time the SPL starts we will be ready for it and will be a lot better prepared than some of our rivals,our Manager has probably gained about a months work in assessing the players by having competitive games now.We have a great game on Thursday to look forward to and if we get through ,how good is that gonna be? So quit moaning and get your asses over to Dungland on thurs and enjoy the good times.

MON THE WELL :woop:

I have to be honest when the question came up in the past about entering the Intertoto or playing pre-season friendlies, I was always of a mind that it was better to leave the Intertoto aside for the impact it might have on our pre-season preparation and the effects later in the season.

I have to admit though what a great experience this has all been for supporters, management, players and club officials alike.

Ankles has already mentioned the benefits to Jim Gannon and Peter Ward and it goes with out saying how much as fans we love European games.

For guys like Paul Slane and Ross Forbes getting the chance to develop and test themselves against differing styles of player and tactics against teams from foreign lands in competitive must be fantastic.

The club's admin. will have been tested organising the transportation of a squad of 25 players plus management team and kit at short notice and if we can make this European lark a regular thing then again the experience they'll have picked up over the last few weeks - and in the next few weeks - must be invaluable.

I reckon we'll hit the season running too, with most other teams void of 'real' fixtures :doh:

with many of the so called pundits having us relegated, anything above that will be a result. Personally, I think with all that has happened in the close season 7th or 8th will be a result.

After following the Well for over 40 years,i have to say this is the best pre season there's been.

You're right!

I'm going through the usual highs and lows about Thursday's game, yet when you see all the glum fans of other sides barely getting off their arses for shitey friendlies, we're having a great time already.

I think one other positive thing the Europa cup entry did was to ensure that JB and the board didn't take too long looking for a manager. I think they went about it well and we seemed to have a good selection of candidates but the temptation might have been to let it drag on if we hadn't had the competitive games looming. Even if the result was the same I reckon it would have meant some of JG's target players would have already have been snapped up elsewhere.

(and someone was trying to force Prozac down my throat on another thread - don't need it now!)

On yersel Ankles!!!!!

This has got to get the squad in the right frame of mind for the start of the season - and with the squad getting stronger we are onto another rollercoaster of a season!!!

Great thread and great to see all the Well fans full of optimism!!

Bring it On!!!!!!! :notworthy::woop::D:D

Couldn`t agree more with all that has been said! :D

I would take real competitive games over boring friendlies any time. Like a few of you I think it can only help us in terms of getting sharper for the upcoming league campaign.

As has been said, the squad is looking better every week with the promise of more to come.

Don`t think I have ever been looking forward to a new season as much as I am this one.

<_<

With all the changes to the playing personnel and management/coaching staff, this has been an ideal pre-season. Six (at least) competitive games to let the new faces find their feet has been terrific preparation for the league. I imagine the Europa run has also made us more attractive to potential signings.

Next season, however, I'd rather we didn't get involved until the first round proper :mellow: