The retard stole my headline

"Gannon fodder for young guns".

They said gannon fodder for well kids.

Got bored with the game and played the headline game. :lol:

The worst we had was Swell Well and the sun has "Swell party" :lol:

My tallents are truly wasted :lol:

:lol:

http://unsportingbehaviour.blogspot.com/20...aims-crazy.html

Flamurtari manager Eqerem Memushi bemoaned his side's bad luck in their 8-1 defeat to Motherwell in the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round, claiming that the Scottish sides strikes had been "seven breakaways and an offside goal".

"We were the better team," said the Albanian gaffer. "When we got the goal to make it 7-1, I was convinced we were on the verge of a comeback, but it wasn't to be."

The result came after Flamurtari had defeated Motherwell 1-0 in the first leg in Albania. Confidence was high in the Flamurtari camp before the match, and this reversal would've been a bitter blow.

Memushi's post match press conference descended into a wild rant, as he claimed that the referee had been largely to blame for the result.

"We gave him two goats. Two! They [Motherwell] gave him no goats," he ranted, spraying the front rows with furious spittle. "In Albania, the team who gives the referee the more magnificent goats will surely win the match. It is a disgrace. I will be reporting the referee to UEFA."

Memushi and his Flamurtari squad face a long, lonely trip back to Albania on the team's rickety donkey-drawn wagon while Jim Gannon's Motherwell progress to the next qualifying round, where they will go out in typically Scottish "glorious failure" style to Romanian hotshots Steau Bucharest.

As much as it hurts to say this: Congratulations! And Good Luck on the next round. You get a new fan for you team.

I believe this next game will be harder than any of the previous four you've played, since they won't be a "pub team" as most of you put it. I believe Flamurtari has reduced itself to lower than that. Something more of a neighborhood club than a professional team.

Oh well, what a horrendous thrashing.

LOL, shame on you guys for not having any respect for the opposition. That is no way to treat a guest!

I didn't see the game, i don't want to see the highlights, either. It's embarrasing. I did get my one goal, for my side, on the predictions table correct. Too bad though cuz the score i set was 1-1.

"Jamie Murphy - who turns 20 next week - opened his European account with a fantastic hat-trick."

Are there any newspapers or television stations in Scotland that actually get things right?

Jemima is trying her hardest but she knows a lot more about hockey and yachting.

Is it worth stating the absolute obvious by pointing out that this article isn't actually real, just for the benefit of a few of our slower posters? :lol:

Fuck off. I was at the press conference and he said every word! Crazy fool B-)

Sorry, OT I know, but this article from the same site is great, if just for the line "What next? Weal Madwid buying Wwanda?""

"Ah've always wanted to be a fitba' player and Ah've been training hard for this, just like my heroes Kris Boyd and Barry Ferguson," he said, before taking a swig from his cheap cider and vomiting down a drain.

:lol:

Surely not, think we'd get pumped with that line up. To much change in to short a time. Reckon we'd be wide open at the back, probably look like strangers in the midfield that never saw each other and two strikers up the park wondering if they'll get the ball at all.

Then again it might inspired magic and we hound them but think that would be me trying to be optmisitic. Surely no way we'll see such radical change, yer havin a laugh.

Don't really expect to see Saunders start though, hooked after 30 mins or so last week and apparently Gannon was going mental at him for most of that 30, seriously unimpressed.

I'd like to focus on this part of my pre-match thoughts on the team line up! :thumbup:

Eqerem Memushi is brilliant. He makes Jim Jeffries' post-match assessments seem balanced. It would be easy to mock the man but his comments have simply added to the overall joy of such a bizarrely brilliant night.

It is hard to gauge just how good a performance it was last night having had little or no prior knowledge of Flamurtari or of Albanian football in general. Flamurtari were certainly poor on the night, despite of course being the better team (!), and allowed us a lot of space to play but my initial impressions of the game (the first ten minutes or so) were that they'd be a well-organised, stuffy type of side who would try to kill the game and snatch an away goal on the break. The lift in our players' confidence following the second goal was almost tangible and by that time Flamurtari seemed to have accepted their fate.

That said, we worked very hard for our win and it was great to see the team continue to close down opposition players and chase down fifty-fifty balls well into the second half despite the result being in no doubt. I have seen us struggle against and even lose to some very poor teams in the past and we certainly would not have beaten them by simply turning up. There was a sense of ruthlessness about our performance that I have not seen for some time. It was especially satisfying that all the goals were scored by young players. For all Flamurtari were poor, they were up against a number of players whose combined first team experience prior to this summer amounted to little more than a handful of substitute appearances. Despite this, some of our youngsters looked like veterans of the European scene. Ross Forbes, for instance, controlled the midfield, used the ball well, tracked back and tackled effectively and was a threat in attack throughout the match. So good was his performance that few people watching the game with no prior knowledge of our squad could possibly have imagined he was playing only his fourth game for the club. In my view, in spite of the good performances from others such as Murphy and Slane, it is Forbes who has been the biggest find of the Jim Gannon era so far and probably our most consistent performer. It is common in Scotland to see youngsters trying too hard and resembling headless chickens in their desperation to prove themselves so it has been reassuring to see a young player perform with such maturity and composure.

What can I say that's not already been said? Slane was terrific, trying not to get carried away by him, but he is making it helluva difficult. Forbes for me has been the best find, how McGhee didn't blood either of them is a mystery, however the loan spell at Dumbarton seems to have done him the world of good. Murphy was class, let's just hope he can maintain it. I thought Sutton was poor despite the many plaudits he is getting, I'll take another frontman anytime.