Stephen Hughes Signs For Norwich

gunn

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

League one :lol:

League One on £7K a week though. More than any team outwith the Old Firm could offer up here. I'm sure Norwich will be making a big push this year to go straight back up. Just shows how we can't compete with the so called lower divisions in England in terms of wages.

Good luck Hughesy, hope it works out for you down there.

A big loss to us as there is very little chance of getting a midfielder of the same ability back in. Best midfielder in the SPL? Well he wasn't far off it. Great news that he has went to a bigger club, with a cracking deal and I'm sure Norwich will be in the running for the play-offs next season.

Not with him playing for them, they won't.

Only 2nd to Madeline McCann in the World Hide n Seek Championships.

We'll be better off without him. Brian Kerr II.

This post is not only dross it's offensive as well.

Best midfield player we have had for some time. All the best Stephen. Thanks for letting us watch a player that has more ability than the usual SPL fodder.

I think that if Kaka was leaving us you would get some people saying 'better of without him'

A big loss to us as there is very little chance of getting a midfielder of the same ability back in. Best midfielder in the SPL? Well he wasn't far off it. Great news that he has went to a bigger club, with a cracking deal and I'm sure Norwich will be in the running for the play-offs next season.

i agree with that 100%

good luck stephen.lets see you get into the Scotland team now!!!!!!!!

There is no denying that Stephen Hughes is a quality player however we didn't see enough of that quality last season - he was anonymous for most of it, which disappointed me as in the first season I thought he was immense for us.

On the basis of last season, we won't miss him. We're already used to him being missing....

Stuart.

On the form of his first season I'd be gutted to lose him, but other than his equaliser against St. Mirren, I struggle to think of anything of note he did in his second season. Signing for a League One team says it all about his ambition!

On the form Signing for a League One team says it all about his ambition!

The same could be said when he joined Motherwell. He'll win about as much with Norwich as he did with Motherwell but with more money in his pocket. No problems with his move at all.

On the form of his first season I'd be gutted to lose him, but other than his equaliser against St. Mirren, I struggle to think of anything of note he did in his second season. Signing for a League One team says it all about his ambition!

Its maybe not all about ambition. I believe Stephen's wife is not long after having a baby so maybe it's about earning as much as he can to feed his family and you can't fault him for that. I for one wish him and his family all the best.

Its maybe not all about ambition. I believe Stephen's wife is not long after having a baby so maybe it's about earning as much as he can to feed his family and you can't fault him for that. I for one wish him and his family all the best.

If he can't feed his family on 2 grand a week then he has a problem :notworthy:

Yeah, 6 years ago, she did. :woop:

Fair play to him for moving, as someone said a few posts up, its not a bad move, hes moving for more money (against his wishes of moving) - anyone would do the same in any line of work. It could be classed as lack of ambition but to be fair, Norwich were the only team interested in him and will give him a nice big wage packet.

It's all if's and but's if we will miss him, he certainly has natural quality that a lot of players we have lack but, he never showed it often enough (probably shot himself in the foot by not getting a bigger move) - we've lost bigger players and survived, its 6 and half a dozen, if we will miss him.

Anyway, moving on.. Mon the 'Well.. :notworthy: