Stephen Hughes Signs For Norwich

gunn

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why scrape by on 2k a week when someone is offering you 7k you take it.

I agree 100% on the financial aspect that comment was a joke. The only problem I have is why they come out and say I don't wan't to move away and I haven't ruled out not being at Motherwell. There was no way anyone outside the OF was going to offer him 7k a week. It just reeks of dishonest hypocrisy IMO.

Anyway he was shite last season! Good riddance enjoy Delia's prawn sandwiches!

I agree 100% on the financial aspect that comment was a joke. The only problem I have is why they come out and say I don't wan't to move away and I haven't ruled out not being at Motherwell. There was no way anyone outside the OF was going to offer him 7k a week. It just reeks of dishonest hypocrisy IMO.

Anyway he was shite last season! Good riddance enjoy Delia's prawn sandwiches!

Tut tut causing trouble again????? Making a name for yourself!!!! :notworthy:

He was shite last season, and a waste of a wage and a jersey for this as well! Good luck to him, moving on to pastures new as are we!!

OK, four. Point still stands. Sadly, too many folk of the same mindset are in power in this country, and that's why we're all doomed.

Don't think it is mate - I just think there are times and places for those type of comments. i'm not saying you shouldn't make them - but compost corner's the best place where it goes on nae hassle. I'm not offended either.

in an open forum about the football team - men, women, kids present etc - some folk are gonny think yer not big nor clever.

And by the way - I don't think anybody on here is in charge of the country.

anyhoo on to more pressing matters I joined the trust months ago and parted wi some cash - and haveny heard diddly squat by email, snail mail or carrier pigeon - any idea if we're alive?

Don't think it is mate - I just think there are times and places for those type of comments. i'm not saying you shouldn't make them - but compost corner's the best place where it goes on nae hassle. I'm not offended either.

in an open forum about the football team - men, women, kids present etc - some folk are gonny think yer not big nor clever.

And by the way - I don't think anybody on here is in charge of the country.

anyhoo on to more pressing matters I joined the trust months ago and parted wi some cash - and haveny heard diddly squat by email, snail mail or carrier pigeon - any idea if we're alive?

I take your point about Compost Corner, but genuinely don't see why anyone would be offended by my comment. Ho hum - you do get some football fans who are sensitive souls / holier than thou.

Anyway, I'm not involved with the Trust anymore, but what you're saying doesn't surprise me.

OK, four. Point still stands. Sadly, too many folk of the same mindset are in power in this country, and that's why we're all doomed.

Frazzle yer a curious combination of someone with the taste in humour of Frankie Boyle and a Dail Mail mentality about much else, I'm surprised yer head hasn't exploded with that contradiction! <_<

Frazzle yer a curious combination of someone with the taste in humour of Frankie Boyle and a Dail Mail mentality about much else, I'm surprised yer head hasn't exploded with that contradiction! <_<

I don't think much of Frankie Boyle - too much Scotland-bashing by a Scotsman for my liking, and I'm not brainwashed by the sensationalism of the Daily Mail - strange how a comment about a wee lassie who's gone missing could lead you to such a curious conclusion.

If you don't think the world, or Britain in particular, is too politically correct, then I'm sorry to say that you, sir, are part of the problem.

fucking school weans? <_<

Are we still talking madeline mccann??

Awk Stephen hughes was a good player - for motherwell,a very good player. ok mayby he didn't burst a gut week in week out but thats all opinion. Mayby he was trying his arse off but the players around him wern't of substantial quality to help him shine either.

When all is said and done hes away to a club giving very GOOD wages to an albeit AVERAGE footballer. When offers like that come along loyalty or anything else gets fucked out the window. 7k per week is 364k per year - probably a nice wee signing on fee involved aswell in his back pocket. If he can play 4 years on 7k a week he can retire safe in the knowledge that being an average footballer has made him a millionaire and his family will want for nothing - that is worth all the loyalts or bullshit from fans the world over.family comes first,fuck your employer or their fans to be honest. Look after number 1

good luck to him,always thought he was a decent enough wee player who could shine at the level he's playing at - henceforth gaining an even bigger move.

Tut tut causing trouble again????? Making a name for yourself!!!! ;)

He was shite last season, and a waste of a wage and a jersey for this as well! Good luck to him, moving on to pastures new as are we!!

I don't normally drink Jim Beam and Strongbow but a might just start the night and when it's all finished phone the dick and tell him what I really think of him :P:D<_<

Great move for Shug.

Football wise and Money wise.

Getting a wage he feels he earns can be grudge him that.

Football wise good move as Norwich just got relegated so they'll be looking to get right back up and i think if he moved to the championship no one would be slamming him for it. People forget Norwich are a far bigger club than us, pull 20k a week in to , can give around 10k a week in wages and only a few year ago we're a premiership side.

Good luck shug, watch out for McCormack breaking you in two though down at Southend <_<

Get a grip of yourselves. The three people who have criticised my post are a sad indication of the world we live in these days. I wish I had as little to worry about as you three.

Ok friend, point taken maybe I should be a little more thick skinned. It's just that I know parents close to me who have lost young children and it wrecks lives. I'm sure you meant nothing by it. Peace. <_<

Back to the fitba best wishes Stephen Hughes!

hughes was a class act and we'll miss him a lot. his form for the first few months of last season was fairly poor but he was supposedly playing through an injury and not training. no one can deny however that he put in some of the greatest midfield performances by a motherwell in many, many years and you'd probably need to go back to a young phil o'donnell to see performances that matched some of hughes.

rangers home sept 07

hibs away in the league cup 07

aberdeen home nov 07

hearts away dec 07

dundee united home 07

hibs home 08

celtic away 08

hibs away 08

rangers home 08

st mirren away 09

ten of the best performances i've ever seen from a motherwell midfielder and it's disapointing that people can be so dismissive of someone who delivered so many highs in a motherwell shirt, the likes of which we'll be very fortunate to see again any time soon.