Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.....are we likely to be bombarded with anything? :rolleyes:

hey mate.. romanian fans are not hostile against european teams fans.. only against hungaryans and bulgarians ! we hate them ! allways when we play against them it`s war!

i went to steaua vs arsenal , dinamo vs manchester utd , i was in scotland at a celtic-rangers and a cup match aberdeen - dunfermline and i love british suporters ! if you will stay chill and you`ll support ur team without beeing rasist or violent it will be a great show off the pitch!

we are waiting you with pleasure and we hope the best team to qualify!

about bucharest : don`t trust the taxi guys and try to take contact with young people (20 - 27 years old ) .. they will help you with any information and it`s possible to understand you and have a good chat!

enjoy you`re stay in romania !

hey mate.. romanian fans are not hostile against european teams fans.. only against hungaryans and bulgarians ! we hate them ! allways when we play against them it`s war!

i went to steaua vs arsenal , dinamo vs manchester utd , i was in scotland at a celtic-rangers and a cup match aberdeen - dunfermline and i love british suporters ! if you will stay chill and you`ll support ur team without beeing rasist or violent it will be a great show off the pitch!

we are waiting you with pleasure and we hope the best team to qualify!

about bucharest : don`t trust the taxi guys and try to take contact with young people (20 - 27 years old ) .. they will help you with any information and it`s possible to understand you and have a good chat!

enjoy you`re stay in romania !

good to hear.....hopefully both sets of supporters can enjoy a beer together :rolleyes:

A lot of people seem to be blaming Fraser for the goals hes let in.

Im not blaming him for them i just think hes PISH.

Ive only seen him a couple of times and hes shite at crossballs and running out from his goal.

He couldnt even get a game for Caley thistle for fuck sake.

Ruddy might not be 100% match fit but lets face it hes a keeper and doesnt need to be.

Id rather have a third choice keeper from the english premiership than a back up keeper from Inverness any day.

CMON THE WELL.

He wasn't a back up keeper at ICT. He got dropped after shipping 5 against Rangers by Brewster (although if it wasn't for Fraser it would have been close to 10-0). Although if you are correct then it just proves how shit a manager Terry Butcher really is as it was Fraser he put his trust in to save them from the SPL.

I guess the best of ICT is no better than 4th best at Rangers, since a couple of our last keeper we had have been those (Smith and Brown)... How about keepers not needed by Kilmarnock, where our other two last full time keepers also came from (Marshall and Meldrum). Since when did we turn into a team that had world class keepers?

It is up to Gannon who is first choice and I bet neither of them are First Choice Keeper. Both of them will be fighting it out, but if Ruddy does become it in the end we better sign him in January or it will be a major fuck up.

It is up to Gannon who is first choice and I bet neither of them are First Choice Keeper. Both of them will be fighting it out

I don't believe that for a second. I'm sure Gannon has signed Ruddy as he has the experience of working with him before and after evaluating Fraser has come to the conclusion that he needs a new number one. I'm sure Ruddy will be our starting keeper in the SPL.

I don't believe that for a second. I'm sure Gannon has signed Ruddy as he has the experience of working with him before and after evaluating Fraser has come to the conclusion that he needs a new number one. I'm sure Ruddy will be our starting keeper in the SPL.

let's not jump to early conclusions, we haven't even seen the lad play a game yet

for all we know, he could be good with crosses, but be the worst short stopper in football <_<

highly doubted but shit does happen

Let's hope the articles about racist chanting prove to nothing more than scaremongering and that the match is only remembered for the football. Nothing worse than having a good match overshadowed by that carry on.

It seems the bigwigs at Steaua might be underestimating their opponents, which is always a good sign <_<

There you go..

For anyone that needs to download the links for the game.

...... in perfect TV picture quality rather than pixelated live web cast ... download sopcast at

1. www.sopcast.com/download/

2. Then go to this site..... www.12tv.ro/televiziune/online.html

and select ProTv (thats the Romania TV Channel Broadcasting the game live) 20.45 EET 6.45 GMT

You need to have downloaded sopcast for the TV channels on the second link to come through.

It takes 2 mins to download sopcast and then you have access to all the channels on 12tv.

Shug.

Let's hope the articles about racist chanting prove to nothing more than scaremongering and that the match is only remembered for the football. Nothing worse than having a good match overshadowed by that carry on.

Steaua have a Nigerian defender themselves (and one of the stands' dearest players in recent years had Cameroonian roots), so the chanting is question was an isolated offence.

Hello you Motherwell fans. I subscribed on this forum so I could tell you a few things about Steaua. I`ve read the posts in this thread and it looks like all the other Steaua fans in here are very optimistic. I think our team is having a very bad time, we played rubbish all last season`s games and the owner didnt do anything about it. We bought only unknown players, like Grzelak, Bibiskov (i dont think i`ve spelt it right) or Tininho. Also...very important players for us like Ogararu (rb), Tiago (cm), Moreno(am) and Semedo (st) have left. Our only advantage this season is that we have a better coach, mr Bergodi, former Lazio player.

Our midfield is rubbish, with people like Onicas (18 years old), who played very bad vs Ujpest in the 1st leg (his 2nd game for the club), and like Bicfalvi , who is suposed to be a dm, but isnt anywhere near the standard of Radoi or Ovidiu Petre ( ex Steaua players! ). We have Szekely on the right wing, who has had an awful last season, and probably Grzelak on the left, player that would be starting for the first time in a Steaua shirt. In the attack, we have very young players like Stancu and Surdu, but they have played only once togheter.

In conclusion, i`d say Motherwell has a very big chance of challanging the play-off spot. Obviously...if you`re a good enough team. I already bought the ticket for thursday`s game, and i want to ask you guys, what is interesting to watch in your team? Are you playing the old "long ball" british style?

Nice to meet you again! :lol: Sorry if my english was too bad. :D

Hi guys!

1st let me wish you a nice trip to those of you travelling over here, today and tomorrow.

I have a contact @ work from Erskine and he told me way before the home game with Flamutari, that you will overturn the result. ( altough he wasnt expecting such a margin :lol: ).

We know you're a bit rubbish away, but you stand your ground @ home.So let hope we'll do well in Ghencea and count on our good form when away ( since a lot of times we played better away than we did home - remeber the game with Betis Sevilla especially ).

^^^^ good idea to score quick and shut you up then :D

That's really not the case, since the crowd becomes more fierce when we play in 10 or when we are down by one or two...

In case we will be down by one near the end of the game...yes...we will turn to our team.

Yup, Steaua are certainly a bigger name with a more presitigious history, but if they were so much better than Motherwell, they wouldn't be pre-qualifying for the Europa League. They'll start as favourites, but a 'Well win wouldn't be the biggest ever shock. As I said, play the Steaua of today, not their reputation. It certainly won't be easy, but they aren't the force they were in the communist era.

Certainly we dont have the late 80's team anymore, but Steaua usually plays a whole lot better in the European competitions than in the Romanian League.It's a mentality developed over the years, something that can be translated to : " no matter who you play with, you must to win the game ".And the fans are very demanding also.

Really, this is definitely not the case! that was an isolated issue and had nothing to do with the majority of the fans.We as a people are not racist, simpy because we dont value people by skin.And the whole community is trying really hard to integrate the imigrants and the gypsies ( or rroma ) - which are considered as a main minority issue over here.

Like that Xzibit song says - "enjoy your stay, welcome to L.A." I will say "enjoy your stay, welcome to Bucharest "...you have some places to visit, stick to the centre of the town, dont use cabs,use the bus the tram or subway, dont use other exchange places than the ones in banks, try using your credit cards as much as possible when paying for stuff ( dont use them to get money from the atm's - its risky ), dont make payments in euros because you will be tricked with the exchange rate, there some good places to eat ( you will be surprised for example that mcdonalds tastes pretty good compared to the western europe - can say from own experience ), dont engage gypsies on the streets they might be carrying a knife, if you want info look for white caucasians in their 20's 'cause almost all of them know english and last but not least : bring scarfs cause the fans here love swaping them :D

The manager of Shelbourne is really stupid!

As well as Becali and the authors of those articles. :D

Remember this! (things wrote by a Steaua supporter!)

Steaua's fans are not RACISTS!!! That supid manager is talking shite!

1. Last year Steaua loaned a black player from Charleroi, Belgium. His name was Habib Habibou, a french player. Even if he spent a little time in Steaua, every time he played, all of the fans were chanting "HABIBOU!" You need prove? Here you have it

( a video made in the north stand)

2. Andres Mendoza from Peru, Pepe Moreno from Colombia, Habib Habibou from France, Rufay Zapata from Colombia, Ifeany Emeghara from Nigeria, Semedo from Portugal : all black players! They were/are our players and none of them ever made one single complaint about those racist bullshit!

3. For those who are going to see the game in our stadium: Don't need to worry about anything! We all know that the british supporters are well educated and most of all, fair-play! I still remember the game we played 7 or 8 years ago against Southampton in Ghencea, when lots of english supporters were exchanging tshirts and caps with our fans in front of our stadium. I assure you, we know what fair-play is!

4. I got my tickets today and i must warn you all: the stadium will be full! :D At 12:30, 500 people were at the stadium purchasing their tickets. After just half on hour, when i left, there were at least 1.000.

Let the best team win! :lol:

I've translated papers for the British Council, as well as having hosted students from Scotland and England.. I'm on a break, so if you're interested I'll go ahead and translate a few opinions from the Romanian sports press.

Dorin Goian, Steaua central defender: "I want us to get a clean sheet on Thursday. If I manage to score, all the better. We need to score and not receive any goals. There's still a lot of work left to be done, as we're not playing up to our full potential yet, but step by step we'll get everything going. We're all in a good mood, our morale is high after these back to back wins." [...] "We need to be very serious about this game, let's not forget Motherwell come from a league that constantly has teams playing in the Champions League. They must be a strong team if they beat Flamurtari 8-1. I don't think the Albanians gave up, as it was said in the press, I'm convinced the game was played on the pitch."

Ciprian Tătăruşanu, Steaua keeper: "I haven't seen the Flamurtari game, I don't know what went on, but ours will be different and I hope we manage to score as many goals as possible. We haven't talked about the Scots just yet, but we'll watch some tapes in the next few days, get some reports and then we'll know more. We need to knock them out. We're riding high, we're a tightly-knit outfit and I personally hope to play to the best of my abilities. We all want our fans to come to the stadium in high numbers and show us their support."

Pawel Golański, fullback: "What matters most is that we reach the next round. We have to make it to the Europa League group stage."

János Székely, Steaua midfielder: "This won't be easy, but with enough determination we should qualify for the next round. We need to be careful, they can be dangerous."

Cristiano Bergodi, Steaua manager: "It won't be easy, especially since we can't use players like Toja or Petre Marin. That doesn't mean I'm worried, I simply have a lot of respect for our opponents. I trust the players who will be replacing the absentees. Let's just hope we're not in for any nasty surprises."

Dan Petrescu, Urziceni manager: "We played a game against Motherwell last year and won. But that was just a friendly match. I can't say Steaua will have it going easy, but they're certainly favourites. We all hope they'll go through and bring Romania some points in the UEFA rankings. Let's not forget Steaua has a an experienced squad that has recently reached the UEFA Cup semifinals."

Csaba László, Hearts manager: "I know both teams very well, because we play against Motherwell in the SPL and I still keep track of the Romanian top flight. I have one piece of advice for Steaua: if they want to get past Motherwell they'll have to play better than they did against Ujpest!"

Emerich Jenei, lifted the 1986 European Champions Cup as Steaua coach: "They shouldn't give Steaua much trouble."

George Becali, Steaua owner: "I'm not worried about Motherwell. They wouldn't have lost 1-0 to Flamurtari if they were a strong team."

Marius Niculae, former Inverness player: "Motherwell have a young, well-organized squad. They spare no effort and want to go far in the Europa League. They experience football intensely. Steaua are favourites, but it won't be easy. The Scots run hard and give it their best whether it's the first minute or over-time. Hard-working teams are usually tough to handle. Things might have changed since I last played in Scotland, but teams there usually rely on group force. No shining stars, just team players that help each other out and strive for the team to win as a whole."

Dumitru Copil, former Hearts youth player: "Steaua will go through, no worries. Motherwell have a strong squad but lack technique. They rely on high balls to a target man in the box. Their fans show their support throughout the game, regardless of the score."

I hope that was somewhat useful. As for the probable line-up for Thursday:

GK: Tătăruşanu

RB: Golański

CD: Goian

CD: Baciu

LB: Ninu

RW: Székely

DM: Onicaş

CM: Ionescu

LW: Grzelak

ST: Stancu

ST: Surdu

Apart from the Shelbourne mishap, Steaua have played against several other teams from the Isles throughout the 2000s (Liverpool, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Arsenal) without incident. I'm not from Bucharest so I can't speak for the fans there, but hopefully the message towards you will be "Welcome tae Romania". :thumbup:

i want to ask you guys, what is interesting to watch in your team? Are you playing the old "long ball" british style?

First of all welcome to the site, all fans are made welcome bar the cocky Flamurtari lot. :thumbup:

But to our team, to be perfectly honest, we don't know our own team 100% quite yet, we have a new manager and lost a lot of players from last season. Our old manager never left us in the best of shape so our new one has had a tough job to get the right players in. As of the last 4 games we have seen a major improvement from the Llanelli defeat to the Flamurtari 8-1 win. We do not, and repeat DO NOT play the "British style" Gannon has drilled into the players to play the ball from the back and play "football". From what we have seen of new players and youth players the players that will cause most problems for you will be the likes of Paul Slane (number 45), smallish guy got pace to burn and a gtreat eye for goal (scored from 20yards against Flamurtari). Jamie Murphy (number 15) who grabbed a hat-trick in the 8-1 win who will run all day and again has a good eye for goal. Our "new" midfield battler will be number 8 Steve Jennings who ain't scared to put the boot in nor will Keith Lasley (14) - no idea which one will start. Chris Humphrey who got his debut against Flamurtati has pace to burn aswell, that really is the difference from last year a lot of our new players have pace and can beat a man. Other attacking players such as Jim O'Brien (no.17) and John Sutton (no. 11) will hopefully cause you one or two problems, Jim being a tricky winger and John being a "target man" (if we can even call him that).

May aswell add a predicted team so you can see where these players play.

Fraser

Saunder/Page Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Jennings Forbes

Slane Murphy Humphrey

Sutton

All I can say is we are a quick paced team, that likes to play football on the deck - all I can hope for is we can cause you a few problems come Thursday.

Ps. Fuck paragraphing.