• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Coke came onto a game in the second half

Obrien much better than Humpty

Jennings........looked too slow

Defence was shocking apart from Ruddy.........MOTM by a country mile

Slane looks like who could be the man to really be a star this year.

Hammel look ok

sutton...did ok

murphy...did ok

Were totally outclassed but did make massive contributions to our own downfall....hope the second leg is better

We should salute the team after a very good performance against such a talented and skilled opposition. They are an experienced and very good team, and our youngsters (reminiscent of the Ancell Babes) got stuck in. Really enjoyed the game, and in the end the score didn't bother me.

On this form I feel really comfortable that we'll be just fine when the season starts.

Hope there's a much bigger attendance next game, and I was really impressed by how they clapped the lads off the field. Hope we do the same and let them see the best of Scotland. :P

A bit harsh on Craigan I feel, he instinctively stuck a leg out. It was unfortunate for him it flew into the back of the net.

Sorry gazzab, I don't agree. If you look at craggs through the season he never uses his left foot. Now before you say that I don't like craggs, I'm one of his supporters and always will be.

Shug

That was poor.

I think you are papering over cracks with the 'we were playing a good team' excuse.

Sure, Steaua are better than anything we'll play next season but that won't matter when we can't defend with a spare man at the back, pass the ball to team mates, put in a cross that beats the first man or hit the net from 7 yards out.

A lot of work to be done, especially in midfield. Bit of a worry that we had three of our new signings in there and they weren't at the races. The English season starts a week on Saturday so I'm not having the 'they aren't fit yet' line.

At least Ruddy looks a good prospect.

We should salute the team after a very good performance against such a talented and skilled opposition. They are an experienced and very good team, and our youngsters (reminiscent of the Ancell Babes) got stuck in. Really enjoyed the game, and in the end the score didn't bother me.

On this form I feel really comfortable that we'll be just fine when the season starts.

Hope there's a much bigger attendance next game, and I was really impressed by how they clapped the lads off the field. Hope we do the same and let them see the best of Scotland. :huh:

Well said mate. I like this positive Well sound at the moment. Lets hope the boo boys dont get on the teams back next week. Beat by a far better team. We might take them next week, you never know :P

Was very impressed with Giles Coke. Big Ruddy is already my hero. (Get him signed now Gannon before anyone comes sniffing about). We were outclassed by a far superior team tonight. No shame in it what so ever. The young guys will learn a lot from the game.

+1

Ruddy is a far, far better keeper than Fraser

No disgrace in the result. Deffo going next Thursday as how often do we get to see a team like Steaua Bucharest

haha yes it is a bad word. it means the same as piss, which is urine or to urinate. think of the sound and you may understand :P

Now I get it. The exact translation in Romanian is "Piş", which is pronounced exactly like pish.

I liked the match, it was a lot more spectacular that we were used to, the last 2 years. If Lacatus or Hagi were still runing the team, we would have seen a retreat after 1-0, followed by two of your goals. I'm really glad that Bergodi is at the team, as they are playing better. They have more guts.

I'd like to thank you for your warm welcome here on the forum.

yes we are... now i realise what happened with ur other 1200 fans i didn`t see at the stadium !

I dont really need to say any more on that do I! Fair enough the first step to rehabilitation is admitting you have a problem... I salute you.

As for the fans. Romania probably just didnt appeal to our fans. We waited 15years to get into europe and got there last season. Had our trip to Nancy (bit more local more affordable, we are from motherwell afterall).

This year we got in through the back door, I personally had little faith in our depleted, young squad being able to compete tonight... so thought better of the £700plus it wudv cos me (nancy was around £150)

That was poor.

I think you are papering over cracks with the 'we were playing a good team' excuse.

Sure, Steaua are better than anything we'll play next season but that won't matter when we can't defend with a spare man at the back, pass the ball to team mates, put in a cross that beats the first man or hit the net from 7 yards out.

A lot of work to be done, especially in midfield. Bit of a worry that we had three of our new signings in there and they weren't at the races. The English season starts a week on Saturday so I'm not having the 'they aren't fit yet' line.

At least Ruddy looks a good prospect.

:P