Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

the applauding is something that coach Bergodi has brought in this season. regardless of the result, Steaua players will applaud the opposition after their home games

Ruddy was good. the commentator kept pronouncing it Rudi.

Onicas and Grzelak were top. and Ionescu.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the kind words Hot, very impressed with a lot of your team and the way that they play football. I would love to watch a team playing football like that every week. Blonde dudes name is Paul Slane only 17 and a good player.

Hopefully we have can have a great game next week.

Only 17? oh man he will be a big time player, mark my words. He's got the instincts and he's very agile . I will keep an eye on him for sure

I hope we will have a great game next week, too bad I can't make it to Scotland . I really wanted to .

Getting shot seems a bit harsh .........but you must have seen that Jennings and Humphrey were not at the races at all....looked well short of fitness......Humphrey's second touch was a throw in he should never have started.

As you say lets hope they improve or the SPL will be a struggle for them and us...as they dont seem to be any better than what we had on the bench....IE lasley or McGarry....I think JG got it wrong tonight as the 3 in midfield did not look like they knew what there job was and who was to track the runners etc......Although Steau were excellent we really made it easy for them at times

There is always hope so lets jsut look to get a good result in next weeks game and look forward to the season ahead....

Well Forever

I dont agree with the McGarry part, because he is royally pish!!

As for my earlier post, i didnt mean we should have been beating them, I actually think 3-0 away is a fairly respectable score against Steaua, and to be honest, Steaua were better than I expected.

My main point was that from what I've seen of the new guys (keeper excluded) none of them have seemed like stand outs to me. And Humphreys in particular has shown nothing. Hopefully that changes though.

I never for a minute honestly reckoned we'd make the next round and that viewpoint hasn't changed obviously, however as has been said earlier what we need to see next week is a significant improvement week on week , How the team lines up ad what JG changes in terms of personnel and tactically.

Yep you had too many TL's whatever they are. We lost the 2nd because The Hump tried to cross it first time INSTEAD of taking him on. :(

Its what the kids call Tennents Lager, old yin. ;)

Watch it again though, he had the clear opportunity to whip that ball in, but takes it down, dilly dallys about and ends up running into the steaua player. Takes it off him, ball go's up the park, goal.

Just got back from the stadium...

I read all the post written here and i must say... I love the scots!!! :(

The best team won...and that's it.

That is why we all love football and sport. WE trust and cheerish fair-play because it's a whole lot better when, in the end, after the game, we shake our hands, players and supporters, and go on with our love for football.

One more thing, your left wing, Slane?, is a very promising young player!!!! How much for him? ;)

Just got back from the stadium...

I read all the post written here and i must say... I love the scots!!! :(

The best team won...and that's it.

That is why we all love football and sport. WE trust and cheerish fair-play because it's a whole lot better when, in the end, after the game, we shake our hands, players and supporters, and go on with our love for football.

One more thing, your left wing, Slane?, is a very promising young player!!!! How much for him? ;)

80 million plus goian

Undoubtedly the Romanians were a cut well above us and fully deserved to win. Like all top sides they have very good technical skills and terrific movement off the ball. They'd go through the SPL like a dose of cascara! No disgrace to lose to teams of this quality.

That said, there was a lot of talk last season after Nancy did the same to us at FP about lessons to be learned, blah, blah, blah. And no doubt the same stuff will be trotted out again. IMO this is just spurious lip service. If our players in particular and and Scottish players in general want to improve then they need to start putting the work in and improve their technical skills and managers need to start drumming it into them about the importance of the players who don't have the ball in terms of their running and movement. Not singling anyone out but what improvement has Hammell, Reynolds or O'Brien made since then? Sorry, but none.

Gannon has quickly sussed a number of our players out already and it will take time for the new guys to settle in. He's sorted the GK position out. Next he needs to sort out the rest of the defence. For the past couple of seasons this has been the weakest part of the team and was scandalously neglected by the previous management team. We concede goals far too easily - sure we let in 3 tonight but at least against a high quality side but look at the 3 we let in against Llannelli and Flamurtari. Craigan needs to be shipped out, Reynolds is not a centre-back, Hammell is good going forward but a train wreck as a defender and the young lad Saunders is far too lightweight (seen more fat on a butchers pencil). Stick with yong Hutchison, move Reynolds to left back and look for a centre-back and a right back.

If we don't sort the defence out then we will continue to leak stupid and easy goals regardless the quality of the opposition.

Completely agree with El Grew re the technical side and pass and move etc.

Its 2009 and caoches in Scotland are still giving it the "if in doubt get it out" and "get it up the park" pish.

Anyway as said, beaten by a far better team tonight, no complaints.

I think gannon and the team will be fine for the SPL.

Learning technically is one part of the education of a player, and you're spot on, that requires intensive work on the training ground from being a youngster and receiving the correct coaching. But there are also tactical lessons to be learned: the way you are punished by good teams if you don't do the basics well. Good players need a good football brain. It's only by gaining experience against said good teams that players become aware of their tactical deficiencies; of the bad choices they are making on the pitch. A good manager ( and I think Gannon is good ) will work with his squad technically and tactically, though by the time a player is professional he should have the technical skills needed.

I'm sure Gannon will ensure his players do learn from tonight.

@ABC123: None whatsoever.

One thing has to be said, beyond what went on on the pitch: great display of fair-play from the Motherwell fan base, both here and in the stands. I'm looking forward to reading your friends' travel impressions from Bucharest, hope they had a good time. That Mitch lad certainly did. :)

Ghionea (central def.), Toja (midfield) and Marin (left back) will be back in the fray next week, perhaps keeper Zapata will get a shot as he hasn't played at all this season, with youngster Tătăruşanu having nicked his first-team spot.

Good night to you all and have a good weekend. Thanks for the chat!

@ABC123: None whatsoever.

One thing has to be said, beyond what went on on the pitch: great display of fair-play from the Motherwell fan base, both here and in the stands. I'm looking forward to reading your friends' travel impressions from Bucharest, hope they had a good time. That Mitch lad certainly did. :)

Ghionea (central def.), Toja (midfield) and Marin (left back) will be back in the fray next week, perhaps keeper Zapata will get a shot as he hasn't played at all this season, with youngster Tătăruşanu having nicked his first-team spot.

Good night to you all and have a good weekend. Thanks for the chat!

Thats good to hear, Im sure everyone will have enjoyed the experience if not the result :P

Also agree with a lot of what El Grew said.

If we can afford to keep what we've got and add a RB and CB then fine. If not then I'm not against selling to raise funds. This team needs some experienced heads though.

What we've got is small or lightweight and I'm still not sure what some of our defenders best positions are. One thing I do know is our dietitan wants to give some of Hammel's pasta and chicken to the other defenders.

I've no doubt Gannon will address this as a settled and confident defence is worth a lot of points in the SPL.

What a pre-season!

Undoubtedly the Romanians were a cut well above us and fully deserved to win. Like all top sides they have very good technical skills and terrific movement off the ball. They'd go through the SPL like a dose of cascara! No disgrace to lose to teams of this quality.

That said, there was a lot of talk last season after Nancy did the same to us at FP about lessons to be learned, blah, blah, blah. And no doubt the same stuff will be trotted out again. IMO this is just spurious lip service. If our players in particular and and Scottish players in general want to improve then they need to start putting the work in and improve their technical skills and managers need to start drumming it into them about the importance of the players who don't have the ball in terms of their running and movement. Not singling anyone out but what improvement has Hammell, Reynolds or O'Brien made since then? Sorry, but none.

Gannon has quickly sussed a number of our players out already and it will take time for the new guys to settle in. He's sorted the GK position out. Next he needs to sort out the rest of the defence. For the past couple of seasons this has been the weakest part of the team and was scandalously neglected by the previous management team. We concede goals far too easily - sure we let in 3 tonight but at least against a high quality side but look at the 3 we let in against Llannelli and Flamurtari. Craigan needs to be shipped out, Reynolds is not a centre-back, Hammell is good going forward but a train wreck as a defender and the young lad Saunders is far too lightweight (seen more fat on a butchers pencil). Stick with yong Hutchison, move Reynolds to left back and look for a centre-back and a right back.

If we don't sort the defence out then we will continue to leak stupid and easy goals regardless the quality of the opposition.

Far too sensible an idea im afraid :) , not just because of the OG but Craigs thank you very very much but time to move on and thank fuk a decent looking keeper at last.