Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game over.

I know it is meant as a sporting gesture but there can't be anything more patronising than clapping a team off the park after you've thumped them.

This is always happening on Ghencea..what would you preffered?..boo them?..and would of that been more fair considering the well was 75% young'uns?

For what is worth guys..and im not here to "twist the knife into yer hearts" there really is not a contest and if you have any hope of a 4-0 in 2nd leg..i'll just bet on a 4-1?:lol:

What it matters is that you guys are rebuilding a team..that now will have a mark for "what it takes".

And it is up to them to reach it..in the next years.

Your biggest problem will be keeping on to them so that the Well could benefit.

Difficult game tonght against a very good team. They where technically suiperior and the money they have spent on players definately showed.

Thought the big baldy left winger made a big impact when he came on. Looked a quality player.

The boys gave a decent account of themselves and I am very happy that we have got Ruddy in goals he looks like a player. Giles Coke looked decent aswell, still to be won over with Jennings and Humphrey though.... time will tell.

Get a result of some description next week at airdrie and confidence and pride will be high.....

We still can do it .... no denying that, an early goal and its game on.... heres hoping we dont do a Nancy tho and concede early.

This is always happening on Ghencea..what would you preffered?..boo them?..and would of that been more fair considering the well was 75% young'uns?

For what is worth guys..and im not here to "twist the knife into yer hearts" there really is not a contest and if you have any hope of a 4-0 in 2nd leg..i'll just bet on a 4-1? :lol:

What it matters is that you guys are rebuilding a team..that now will have a mark for "what it takes".

And it is up to them to reach it..in the next years.

Your biggest problem will be keeping on to them so that the Well could benefit.

Appreciate the gesture, and thanks. Look forward being as sporting next week,

Bit of a going over for us tonight.

Again with the unknown quantity of our opponents and the fact we've not yet been able to measure ourselves against SPL quality opposition its hard to gauge at what level we are at, but Steaua looked easily a much better team than us and you can't argue with the scoreline.

I don't know whether their fans have been deliberately playing themselves down - I've read all about several suspensions and injuries, but if there's more to come from that team next week, then you do worry if it will be more of the same at Airdrie.

Despite us being under the cosh it was frustrating that the crucial opening goal was a bit self-inflicted and the timing of the second was an absolute killer.

Even then had we put away that chance it would left a little room for hope for next week if we could have kept it to 3-1 but it wasn't to be.

I still take a lot of encouragement in the grander scheme of things. Our young team is very much at the beginning of its cycle rather than at the end and the experience will stand them in good stead.

Despite the result tonight. Have loved the European adventure thus far and looking forward to seeing how we perform next week.

(and lets not let the banter degenerate into anything nasty folks eh)

This Pre season in my opinion has been the most exciting i have ever seen. Getting some sort of result next week would be brill :rolleyes: , plenty more additions to the squad to follow. I think this experence will put us in good stead.

This Pre season in my opinion has been the most exciting i have ever seen. Getting some sort of result next week would be brill :rolleyes: , plenty more additions to the squad to follow. I think this experence will put us in good stead.

My thoughts exactly, onwards and upwards.

Gutted I had to go out and couldnt watch it after all but I dont think it's a totally lost cause yet, but maybe I'm a bit crazy :rolleyes: Can anybody give an overall opinion of big Ruddy the new guys?

Will miss next weeks game aswell (raging :huh: ) 'cause I'm away on holiday but as long as we give a good account of ourselves, I think we can happy, certainly the best pre-saeason we could have hoped for.

C'mon the 'Well :nod:

My flatmate thinks romanians are cannibals... its not what i think... its just what he told me.

................................................................................

EL- PIDGE..........Stop taking credit for my witty sarcasm against

exagerations about Romania 2 days ago, and we all know that

YOU and YOUR 'flatmate' ARE the cannibals, you eat each other everyday!

About the match, just thank God that Steaua had 6 starters out

and they called the youngsters from the second team! You thought you

had youngsters? Steaua had 7 on the pitch that are not usually starters!

Just pray they dont recover any starters before next week!

The way you play, you might qualify, 5 Steaua players had to go

to hospital!! lol Have you considered changing from football to..

rugby? lol Thats what your team played today! lol

Dont hate me, I couldnt resist! You see, Steaua, starters out,

youngsters in, it doesnt matter, they have ....class, tradition,

pedegree! That is why MAN City will never be MAN Uted, no

matter how much money they spend! No pedegree!

And by the way, Steaua has the budget of what Chelsea or

Liverpool spends on ..gas for their bus in one day!!!

The highest paid Steaua player makes 100 000 euros a ..year!

Chelsea players make that in..3 days!! So, you figure it out!

If Steaua could afford just ONE player of Drogba's or Gerrad's

caliber, they would be European champions again! This way, playing

from scratch, with a greeedy, stupid owner, they dont have a chance

in hell! But they will always play beautiful football! And im sure

Motherwell has the same problem, you seem like small team

with no big budget and its hard to compete with the likes of Celtic

or Rangers!

Anyway, Romania is in top 3 destinations for UK and other

tourists, beautiful scenery, best food, wine and beer(try the

local 'whiskey' made from plums, called 'Tzuica' , you will never

touch scotch again! People are very courteous, they speak your

language, and few others, and they love the brits!

Dont be fooled by the few racist huligans from Romania or your

country! Most people are decent and nice! You dont need a football

match to enjoy my country! Just look for all- inclusive deals on

internet! God, I wish I got some money from the Romania tourism

board!lol But I live in US! Just proud of my country!

If you cant make it soon, enjoy it at least on the net:

www.romaniatourism.com or just put' Romania' in your browser!

I love scotts, you are tough, real people! And I wish your

Mother Well! lol

Our commentators said this wasn't Craigan's first own-goal.. Unfortunate for a captain, that. Steaua's captain from a few years back, Rădoi, scored an OG in a Champs League match against Rosenborg, but then scored a screamer from outside the box a few minutes later. Craigan didn't look very cool-headed, but rather pissed off with both Steaua's dribbling (and diving antics) and his colleagues in the defence.