Saturday September 19 - Kilmarnock v Rangers

Live on ESPN, kick-off 12.30pm

Saturday September 26 - St Mirren v Celtic

Sunday October 4 - Rangers v Celtic

Live on Sky Sports, kick-off 12.30pm

Saturday October 17 - St Johnstone v Rangers

Sounds like ESPN have got a Falkirk fan working high up for them. Only reason I can think of that they'd have two such relatively low interest games so early on.

Sounds like ESPN have got a Falkirk fan working high up for them. Only reason I can think of that they'd have two such relatively low interest games so early on.

Falkirk v Hibs is presumably on because of John Hughes' return, no?

Was on to Sky this morning as it happens, sorting out my sports channels which had mysteriously become scrambled and the ESPN/Sky thing came up in conversation.

ESPN will start broadcasting a week or so before our season starts and apparently all the games will be shown in HD for those who have it.

Its an extra £9 on top of the existing Sky prices for the ESPN part of the package and will just get added on to your existing Sky bill rather than a separate direct debit as it was with Setanta.

Lassie also added that where with Setanta your subscription only went to one box if you have a multi-room set up, because this is being administered by Sky it'll go to each box you have.

Heard that the ESPN America channell we get the now (which is class) is to be abolished and some of it's content (Monday Night Baseball, This week in Baseball etc..) incorporated into the new ESPN UK channel amidst the SPL/EPL games. If so, then that would be an awesome package for £12 a month. Live football from Scotland and England AND Live American sports. Plus, shows like 'This week in Baseball' are quality and really showed up the crap we got covering our sports like 'Inside the SPL' to be high school media project stuff.

My only fear though is the American stuff will be timefillers and most might be 'As Live' or pushed aside for SPL Highlights etc..

The should really run two channells, ESPN America and ESPN UK but I spose it is much cheaper to go with just one.

Ok, we couldnt care less, but is it not kind of tradition that the League winner is on telly on the first weekend?! Just surprised though...

Apart from that: If ESPN is showing US Sports for £9 its a bargain and a brilliant money worth package!